ADVERTISEMENT

As a Pitt fan, you have to pick one.

You have to pick one or the other as a Pitt fan.

• Pitt wins the CFP this season but PSU and WVU play each other in the CFP championship next year.

• Pitt goes 7-6 with a crummy bowl game but PSU and WVU both go 0-12.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Since PissU and wvu are dead to me, it won't matter what they play for in any given year because it's meaningless. As long as we can win the CFP Championship this year.

Pitt even making the CFP is way beyond what normally happens for programs "like Pitt" in this era. It'd be worth any mental punishment we had to take from WVU or PSU success, even for many years.

I am skeptical I will see a national championship in my lifetime, so I would have to choose the natty.

I would be pulling hard for WVU the following year.

Reactions: Celtsfan
Pitt wins the 2023 national championship and in the summer of 2024 psu gets their 13 year delayed death penalty and wvu still goes 0-12 bc they probably will. Pole corrected

Anyone who chooses the 2nd is dopey
Absolutely.....Easy to root for the hoopies to beat them and he said play each other without specifying the game must end which leaves open the chance of a dome collapse event at kickoff with massive casualties...

Last edited:
One option would give Pitt a snowball's chance of getting an SEC or BIG invite.

I think a more realistic question would be Pitt wins the ACC but PSU and WVU both make the playoff this year, or none of the above happen. That one might require some thought, since we've already won it once.

It's pretty pathetic to be fueled so much by hate that you'd DENY YOURSELF a title, to prevent someone else from winning one later. I'd take the Pitt Championship and the next year actively root for WVU to beat the Nitters.

Reactions: Mufasa94
I think a more realistic question would be Pitt wins the ACC but PSU and WVU both make the playoff this year, or none of the above happen. That one might require some thought, since we've already won it once.
I'd gladly take the ACC Title in that circumstance. What do I care beyond our title what else happens?

Reactions: PSUriseANDfire
If you're not a troll, and you voted for the 2nd option, show yourself. I don't believe any real fan would pick that, yet apparently some have.

Last edited:
Reactions: PSUriseANDfire
Pitt wins the 2023 national championship and in the summer of 2024 psu gets their 13 year delayed death penalty and wvu still goes 0-12 bc they probably will. Pole corrected
I was thinking that the winner between PSU and WVU goes on probation for cheating and has to forfeit the championship… That would be too good…😂

• Haha
Reactions: PittFanDan17
Saw this for another fan base yesterday but I thought it would be fun to try. Just a thought exercise to see how the fan base really feels.
Not posing as a Pitt alum obviously but is this a mindset of any fan in the history of any sport where hatred succeeds your own school or team? Better than watching your big brother and little brother not to win a game than a lasting legacy? Wow

Not posing as a Pitt alum obviously but is this a mindset of any fan in the history of any sport where hatred succeeds your own school or team? Better than watching your big brother and little brother not to win a game than a lasting legacy? Wow
If one were to read the poll results, one would note that 86% of the fans don't care if their rivals win as long as Pitt does. I wonder what percentage of posters are from one of those rivals, and it is they who don't want Pitt to win at the expense of their own team.

There is really no way to tell, but from reading this board frequently, it would not surprise me if 15% of the posters are from rival schools or just simply trolls.

Have a good day, and don't let the door hit you in the butt.

If one were to read the poll results, one would note that 86% of the fans don't care if their rivals win as long as Pitt does. I wonder what percentage of posters are from one of those rivals, and it is they who don't want Pitt to win at the expense of their own team.

There is really no way to tell, but from reading this board frequently, it would not surprise me if 15% of the posters are from rival schools or just simply trolls.

Have a good day, and don't let the door hit you in the butt.

I won't. The question itself seemed like a troll.

I read here because I have an interest in the other important school in the state that friends and family have and do attend. Thanks for well wishes.

I won't. The question itself seemed like a troll.

I read here because I have an interest in the other important school in the state that friends and family have and do attend. Thanks for well wishes.
I'm certainly not a troll. Came from the discussion of another fan base that was debating it on Twitter. They approached it quite differently.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT