ADVERTISEMENT

Pitt included 48 team expansion scenario

In this scenario, the following teams are out, gone, abandoned…

Louisville, GT, Syracuse, Wake Forest, BC, Duke, California, Stanford, SMU, TCU, Iowa State, Baylor, BYU, Colorado, Cincinnati, UCF, Kansas, Houston, Arizona, Arizona St.

The only thing that surprised me was Kansas State over Kansas…

I know this is tough for some fans to wrap their heads around, but a lot of people think highly of Pitt....
Is there a more historically irrelevant school than ASU?

I've been hearing about how great the Big12 is for a long time and the only thing that happens is the valuable teams leave.
Same is going to happen to the ACC, same happened to the Pac12.

The Big XII isn't great. But it's where all the "next level" valuable teams that didn't make the BIG or SEC cut are hanging out, which is where I rather Pitt be.

The Pac 12 and ACC blew it when they didn't go after those teams in the Big XII after Texas and OU left.

At the end of the day though, it may be called the Big XII, but it's essentially going to be a merger of the left over power teams from the Big XII, ACC and Pac 12. That will be the "3rd" conference. Regardless of name. And that's where I hope Pitt lands because I don't see the BIG or SEC happening.

Reactions: cbpitt2
Am I the only one who thinks if Pitt somehow made the cut, that we’d be on the SEC side? It seems like moving into Pa would be an add for the SEC whereas BIG10 is already there. I know markets aren’t looked at the way they once were, but it still seems like SEC is more likely of the two.

Reactions: TheSpecialSauce
Same is going to happen to the ACC, same happened to the Pac12.

The Big XII isn't great. But it's where all the "next level" valuable teams that didn't make the BIG or SEC cut are hanging out, which is where I rather Pitt be.

The Pac 12 and ACC blew it when they didn't go after those teams in the Big XII after Texas and OU left.

At the end of the day though, it may be called the Big XII, but it's essentially going to be a merger of the left over power teams from the Big XII, ACC and Pac 12. That will be the "3rd" conference. Regardless of name. And that's where I hope Pitt lands because I don't see the BIG or SEC happening.
That's pretty much the narrative, word for word, right out of the WVU rumor mills. Thank you for repeating it.

Reactions: TheSpecialSauce
That's pretty much the narrative, word for word, right out of the WVU rumor mills. Thank you for repeating it.

I don’t listen to the wvu rumor mills. They are morons and have been for years. I base this off of what is actually happening around us, what fsu, Clemson, unc etc have either done or are rumored to do in the near future based off of legit reporting from guys like Thamel and dellinger, and what the sec and big ten are actively doing.

I see there being a 3rd conference that houses most of the valuable schools that don’t make the big and sec cut. After taking the pac 12 leftovers and with schools trying to bolt the acc now, that is where I see other schools going. Maybe the big xii changes names. Maybe there is a merger and there is a new conference born. But that is where I hope Pitt lands because again I don’t see us making that cut for the sec or big 10.

What has happened in the last 2 or 3 years makes you think that is not a plausible next iteration.

I don’t listen to the wvu rumor mills. They are morons and have been for years. I base this off of what is actually happening around us, what fsu, Clemson, unc etc have either done or are rumored to do in the near future based off of legit reporting from guys like Thamel and dellinger, and what the sec and big ten are actively doing.

I see there being a 3rd conference that houses most of the valuable schools that don’t make the big and sec cut. After taking the pac 12 leftovers and with schools trying to bolt the acc now, that is where I see other schools going. Maybe the big xii changes names. Maybe there is a merger and there is a new conference born. But that is where I hope Pitt lands because again I don’t see us making that cut for the sec or big 10.

What has happened in the last 2 or 3 years makes you think that is not a plausible next iteration.
Yeah, wait and see. The "legit" reporting has been all over the map to make sure they look like they know what they're doing when reality strikes. Easier to walk back a prediction with a lame excuse, right?

Reactions: singregardless
Northwestern has just invested a ton of money into football, including a very significant upgrading of their stadium. They also bring the Chicago market. I doubt they will be shown the door.

They do not bring the "Chicago" market any more than Lane Tech High School does. I have been to games there- literally, their fanbase might be 20k.

Reactions: singregardless
They do not bring the "Chicago" market any more than Lane Tech High School does. I have been to games there- literally, their fanbase might be 20k.
Their presence allowed the Big Ten Network to end up on the cable packages of the 10 million people who live in the greater Chicago area.

Am I the only one who thinks if Pitt somehow made the cut, that we’d be on the SEC side? It seems like moving into Pa would be an add for the SEC whereas BIG10 is already there. I know markets aren’t looked at the way they once were, but it still seems like SEC is more likely of the two.
No but the B1G is where Pitt will be if the do make the cut. And it’s not out of the question. Pitt has some votes among prominent B1G schools right now.

No but the B1G is where Pitt will be if the do make the cut. And it’s not out of the question. Pitt has some votes among prominent B1G schools right now.

Really? Now you have me thinking, I guess some schools are more prominent than others. Outside of Michigan and Ohio St, which are the prominent schools? Or is it easier to list which aren't? I hate when I go down rabbit holes.

Really? Now you have me thinking, I guess some schools are more prominent than others. Outside of Michigan and Ohio St, which are the prominent schools? Or is it easier to list which aren't? I hate when I go down rabbit holes.
I’ll give you Wisconsin and Michigan. But I won’t say more because it’s info I got from behind a paywall. Pitt is a well respected university and I am rooting for them to the B1G.

Reactions: BTisinDC
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT