ADVERTISEMENT

Attendance how’s it look?

Student section was at least 3/4 full well into the 4th quarter. Probably hasn’t been posted since the usual clowns were already streaming out with most of the crowd. If they even went to the game at all.

You know it will take many games like this over time to get attendance up. We were all probably a little worried we might poop the bed as usual. Now win the next two , play Clemson tough or BC, gives optimism going into next year. BOWL GAMES MEAN NOTHING unless it's a big one or a great match up.

The crowd was disappointing for the importance of the game to Pitt.

Disappointing, but at least not embarrassing...

Another 10K is all we needed to make it electric. Even so, the atmosphere was good.

If you could have been there and didn’t go because it was cold — maybe learn how to dress for the cold. I’m old, and I had a great time being there...

Go Pitt!

I could not attend, but my tickets were used. My seat mate though I know left at half because it was cold. Did it at PSU game too and drives me crazy.

Also, why do people STILL criticize the students? From what I’ve seen they have been great this year.

Reactions: pitt-girl
I could not attend, but my tickets were used. My seat mate though I know left at half because it was cold. Did it at PSU game too and drives me crazy.

Also, why do people STILL criticize the students? From what I’ve seen they have been great this year.
It happens every year. They're an easy target for some blowhards here.

Reactions: H2P 2003

Another 10K is all we needed to make it electric. Even so, the atmosphere was good.

If you could have been there and didn’t go because it was cold — maybe learn how to dress for the cold. I’m old, and I had a great time being there...

Go Pitt!

I think we graduated the same year from Pitt, MajorMajors, so I'm old also ...... I went to the game with 4 friends yesterday, we were all dressed appropriately and after the game we all said that the weather was not that bad ..... none of us were really bothered by the cold ..... the crowd numbers were a little disappointing but not unexpected to me..... however, the crowd was very enthusiastic with a lot of positive energy ..... it was a good atmosphere ..... I felt the student section turnout was good and they were very into the game ..... kudos to the students from my viewpoint ! .... NOW LET'S BEAT WAKE FOREST !

Go Pitt!

If the stadium was (right sized down to 56,000 - Old Pitt stadium) it would have looked fantastic.

HAIL TO PITT!!!!

If the stadium was (right sized down to 56,000 - Old Pitt stadium) it would have looked fantastic.

HAIL TO PITT!!!!

A capacity of 45,000 is ideal for Pitt. It would create a demand for tickets and even when we have small crowds, it'd still be at 85% capacity. With the lower student section packed for basically every game, Pitt needs to get about 5,000 more season ticket holders to show up on a weekly basis. Unfortunately the stadium will never look full, but that would be a good average each week.

Reactions: lemkomike
The attendance was great considering how cold and windy it was, and more importantly people made noise

Lotta people on the North Shore seemed like they stayed at bars. Pretty crowded down there. Think the winds and temoeratemp kept a out 5K that were on the North Shore from going in and making it 50K.

Crowd was vocal and engaged all game. I'm in between on right sizing. My happy medium is based on the dreaded word... optics. Returning to the retro colors matches the yellow seats better. Tarp only the upper deck end zone bleachers with s clean, sharp, simple game royal blue with a giant university gold Pitt script. Reduces capacity to just over 60K. Stands out from afar and on television. Until some sort of plan is devised for Pitt having its own venue, I feel that's the happy medium and most aesthetically pleasing short term solution that also allows for a nice capacity if things break right for Pitt.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT