ADVERTISEMENT

Shame on Noah Hiles

Amazing so many here are butt hurt over a reporter (admittedly one who is an assho1e like all the Pgh media are) merely repeating exactly what the moron coach moronically said after he was slaughtered. Which didn’t matter one iota to the game result. But didn’t mind at all that a refs bad call last week actually cost the team a win.

Amazing so many here are butt hurt over a reporter (admittedly one who is an assho1e like all the Pgh media are) merely repeating exactly what the moron coach moronically said after he was slaughtered. Which didn’t matter one iota to the game result. But didn’t mind at all that a refs bad call last week actually cost the team a win.
It’s easier for some to blame the reporter for tweeting the $5.8m/year moron saying something idiotic as usual

Reactions: PAbornandbred
If Narduzzi had specifically tailored his remarks to the portal (replacing players) would that have made a difference to you?

1 - i (Narduzzi) did not add enough from the portal. i will not make that mistake again.

2 - I (Narduzzi) have made mistakes in how to handle the portal. I will fix that.

Pitt portal adds this year:

Jurkovec,Vielleux, Davis, Renyolds, Epps, Brown

T.Hill, Mcmillon

That didn't get it done.

Last edited:
Seems like the only thing he blamed himself on there was replacing good players with bad players.
Correct
Not the game plan
Not the failure to adapt
Not his inept offensive staff and the bad OL

The players aren’t good enough and aren’t making plays

I’m sure that’s the notes he writes down all game long

Do you not agree with him?
I agree his coaching staff and plan makes our players look bad
I disagree it’s because we lack talent

Cignetti , Boberly, Powell, and Underwood suck
Narduzzi is a loud mouth buffoon who has always been an ass hole

He took no blame for Jurk continuing to play and tanking the season .
He said it wasn’t his call
He blames the refs for all the penalties his defense takes since we never look for the ball in coverage

He’s a way overpaid and underperforming coach
His contact is an albatross

Rodney Hammond and Gavin B aren’t even involved in the offense
Our tackling sucks on defense and special teams

Respectfully, Hiles did not “merely (repeat) exactly what the moron coach moronically said.” It’s not that he only partially quoted Narduzzi without context; he misplaced words altogether that dramatically changed the message.

What Hiles said Narduzzi said: “We lost a lot of good players last year. We thought we'd replace them and we obviously didn't do a good job with that."

What Narduzzi said: “I’ll go back, as a football coach you lose a lot of good players from a year ago and you think as a coach you’re going to replace them and obviously we haven’t. Again, it starts with me. I didn’t do a good enough job coaching today. Put it on me and we’ve got to make plays."

I think the “good enough” quote being incorrectly placed makes a big difference in the tone. Like I said last night, this misquote does NOT remove blame Narduzzi, who should’ve stayed six feet away from where he actually went with it. But Hiles did not come close to relaying exactly what was spoken.

Respectfully, Hiles did not “merely (repeat) exactly what the moron coach moronically said.” It’s not that he only partially quoted Narduzzi without context; he misplaced words altogether that dramatically changed the message.

What Hiles said Narduzzi said: “We lost a lot of good players last year. We thought we'd replace them and we obviously didn't do a good job with that."

What Narduzzi said: “I’ll go back, as a football coach you lose a lot of good players from a year ago and you think as a coach you’re going to replace them and obviously we haven’t. Again, it starts with me. I didn’t do a good enough job coaching today. Put it on me and we’ve got to make plays."

I think the “good enough” quote being incorrectly placed makes a big difference in the tone. Like I said last night, this misquote does NOT remove blame Narduzzi, who should’ve stayed six feet away from where he actually went with it. But Hiles did not come close to relaying exactly what was spoken.
It’s the exact same message
Narduzzi fan was going to do his “I’ll have to watch the tape “ non -answer
And decided to kill the players instead .

You’re wrong
He was accurately quoted
And what Narduzzi said was idiotic

It’s the exact same message
Narduzzi fan was going to do his “I’ll have to watch the tape “ non -answer
And decided to kill the players instead .

You’re wrong
He was accurately quoted
And what Narduzzi said was idiotic
Did you not read Hiles’ original quote versus the corrected quote he issued after the fact? If so, how can you say he accurately quoted Narduzzi when he literally placed words (e.g., “good enough job”) in the wrong sentence? To me, that is not accurate.

I agree his coaching staff and plan makes our players look bad
I disagree it’s because we lack talent

Cignetti , Boberly, Powell, and Underwood suck
Narduzzi is a loud mouth buffoon who has always been an ass hole

He took no blame for Jurk continuing to play and tanking the season .
He said it wasn’t his call
He blames the refs for all the penalties his defense takes since we never look for the ball in coverage

He’s a way overpaid and underperforming coach
His contact is an albatross

Rodney Hammond and Gavin B aren’t even involved in the offense
Our tackling sucks on defense and special teams

We agree he sucks and his coaches suck. We dont agree that his players also suck.

Did you not read Hiles’ original quote versus the corrected quote he issued after the fact? If so, how can you say he’s accurately quoted when he literally placed words (e.g., “good enough job”) in the wrong sentence? To me, that is not accurate.
It’s the exact same context and meaning
You’re grasping.
Literally even the ending - Narduzzi can’t simply say “put the blame on me .”
He says “put the blame on me AND the players need to make plays”

He still blamed the players
Niles isn’t the problem
His job isn’t to protect Narduzzi - who makes well over $5.5mil/- year and never actually takes accountability

You’re grasping.

Niles isn’t the problem
His job isn’t to protect Narduzzi - who makes well over $5.5mil/- year and never actually takes accountability
But you’ve moved the goalposts from “accurately quoted” to “same context/meaning,” which I don’t believe journalists should settle for.

Look, I think we’re on the same side here. From the first sentence of my OP, I placed the blame on Narduzzi for this.
However, “Narduzzi is responsible for his postgame comments” and “Hiles misquoted said comments” are mutually exclusive and can both be correct. Beyond that, we’ll have to agree to disagree. And that’s OK! We’re not always going to be on the same page. At that end of the day, we’re all Pitt fans and that’ll hold true long after Narduzzi and Hiles have moved on. :)

No he didn't. He blames himself imo.
He blamed himself for not replacing “good players” with good enough players, clearly expressing that his current players aren’t up to snuff. It would take a slapdick fanboy apologist of the highest order to distill some other meaning from this. Not that there’s anyone like that here in that bastion of objectivity.

Maybe someone should gather the team and go explain to the players that Duzz was actually blaming himself versus saying they’re not good enough. I nominate you.

Reactions: PittPharm2002

Believe me, I give no quarter to Pgh media; they love to screw over Pitt. It’s the only program they’re ALLOWED to really let have it. And media hunger to be critical. It actually must be difficult to do that work in Pgh when there are so many untouchable sacred cows. So I’m not going to defend this latest low grade graduate of Ron Cook University. He totally knew what he was doing. And if that were done to Tomlin, Franklin, Sullivan, even Shelton, no doubt that respective team would force him to be fired or demoted to obituaries and emptying Cook’s colostomy bag.

But it’s Pitt and it’s ok. Pitt can’t do anything about it. And it frankly in the scheme of things isn’t as bad as what is usually said and written about us; it was a targeted paraphrase definitely meant to slander Narduzzi, but the problem is that it was definitely an accurate paraphrase. Narduzzi’s full quote is not much better, if at all. He let his feelings slip there. He (like most failing coaches, let’s face it) thinks it’s almost all the players fault.

In a totally technical way he’s not wrong either. The players ARE really bad. And it’s not all his fault that NIL and Pitt’s traditional disdain to go spheres-in on player spending have exponentially amped Pitt’s significant recruiting disadvantage. Of course he isn’t saying THAT but maybe he should.

I like Duz but I think this season is the beginning of a slow painful divorce.

Last edited:
Reactions: HailToPitt725
Another in a long list of ppg Pitt writers who is a douchebag!

ppl keeping the streak alive and the main reason I stopped my on line subscription and will never read it again!

Duzzi can’t help but put his foot in his mouth. First it was boo city, then defending the QB, then saying it’s not his decision, now this .. he’s been a moron in front of the mic since he’s been here .. but stuff gets bad when you don’t win games to cover it up. Losing by 50 and then saying the players aren’t good enough. Who cares about what he said after it .. it doesn’t matter
Except he didn’t say that

Reactions: joeydavid

Sorry, I don’t see much difference in how PN’s 1st sentence and Hiles are phrased. And PN’s 2nd sentence is just the normal coachspeak. He already said what he was predominantly thinking with the 1st sentence.

Reactions: cashisking884
But you’ve moved the goalposts from “accurately quoted” to “same context/meaning,” which I don’t believe journalists should settle for.

Look, I think we’re on the same side here. From the first sentence of my OP, I placed the blame on Narduzzi for this.
However, “Narduzzi is responsible for his postgame comments” and “Hiles misquoted said comments” are mutually exclusive and can both be correct. Beyond that, we’ll have to agree to disagree. And that’s OK! We’re not always going to be on the same page. At that end of the day, we’re all Pitt fans and that’ll hold true long after Narduzzi and Hiles have moved on. :)
Narduzzi made his own bed with his stupid big mouth
That’s not on sports writers to protect him
I don’t care about what a beat writer says
I care the HC who gets paid $5.8mil/year - in his 10th year- is so stupid post game after getting absolutely demolished on the field

Narduzzi made his own bed with his stupid big mouth
That’s not on sports writers to protect him
I don’t care about what a beat writer says
I care the HC who gets paid $5.8mil/year - in his 10th year- is so stupid post game after getting absolutely demolished on the field
The thread is about hiles. Most beat writers do not post things that draw the ire of the team that their paychecks are derived from. He is another ppg douchebag.

Then do some reporting rather than put out a partial quote and retweet every player responding. That isn't reporting a story.
No doubt.

I am suggesting that he might have a sense of some undercurrents within the program that colored the way he approached this.

The thread is about hiles. Most beat writers do not post things that draw the ire of the team that their paychecks are derived from. He is another ppg douchebag.
He’s not paid by Pitt .
You’re wrong
There is is no quote without the moron running his mouth who IS paid by Pitt

Going from 1 win team to 4 wins in a half a season ?
Yeah
As supposed to 2 wins in year 8?

And yes - your man loves cignetti and Narduzzi prove how mid they are , regularly
All true but you'd have get your vagisil out everytime Deion would call out players for not being good enough, which he's done routinely since his days at Jacksonville State.

You would think a "Pitt athletics reporter" would at least not go out of their way to make any part of the program look bad in any capacity. You are a reporter for a big time paper. You know exactly what you're doing by putting out that partial quote.
This is such bullshit. F?&% George Aston. As someone said earlier, Narduzzi is a moron for saying what he said. Hiles reported it, as he should have. If Hiles was a "Pitt athletics reporter," he wouldn't have. He is not. Reporter's have zero obligation to the programs they are covering. Aston should know this. Not the first time a partial quote was put out to the masses. Won't be the last.

This is such bullshit. F?&% George Aston. As someone said earlier, Narduzzi is a moron for saying what he said. Hiles reported it, as he should have. If Hiles was a "Pitt athletics reporter," he wouldn't have. He is not. Reporter's have zero obligation to the programs they are covering. Aston should know this. Not the first time a partial quote was put out to the masses. Won't be the last.
You would be wrong in your assessment

Here is the full quote. I am literally going to type out as I listen to it.

As a football coach, you know, you lose a lot of good players a year ago. You think as a coach, ya know, you're going to replace them. We obviously havent and uh, ya know, it starts with me. I didn't do a good enough job coaching today.

What he said is fine
I agree. What the reporter did was totally not fine. I just got home from South Bend and was told that he deleted the original Tweet. That was journalistic malpractice. He said he wanted to get it out quickly.

If you are going to quote someone you must actually quote that person.

None of that absolves the current ScheissShow we have going on. We are a mess, and it is incumbent on Narduzzi to fix it, or be gone.

That was another embarrassing event yesterday. And then we look and see Jeff Brohm, in his first season at Louisville, is 7-1.

We are like the Jews wandering the desert after the Exodus From Egypt; forty years, 1982-2023, of anguish

Wanted to bump this thread with a Tweet sent out by Hiles this morning. I appreciate him coming out and saying this, and I believe him when he says he never tried to intentionally make anyone look bad. I think we can move past this now.

• Haha
Reactions: FireballZ
You’re grasping.

Niles isn’t the problem
He didn't say what your quote says. Although, he did say: "I didn't do a good enough job coaching today, put it on me, and we gotta make plays" after the didn't replace the players part.

Don't know why you're so fixated on salary. If you've got a problem with it, you should be going after the administration.

Wanted to bump this thread with a Tweet sent out by Hiles this morning. I appreciate him coming out and saying this, and I believe him when he says he never tried to intentionally make anyone look bad. I think we can move past this now.
He's still wrong.

He doctored what Duzz so inelegantly said and passed it off as a quote. That is not ethical.

What he just said is the equivalent of, "this Tweet does not show who I am", or, "I apologize if anyone was offended by my words".

Holy cow, I clicked on "show more" and this tool actually says, "that's not who I am".

It is. It is who you are.

I don't. He was tweeting every player reaction to his original tweet and didn't put out the full quote until he got backlash from Pitt fans.

Reactions: ThePanthers
"the full quote" was the same as the abridged quote. Maybe slightly less blunt, but the point was identical. The players aren't good. All he said was it was his fault they didn't recruit good players to replace the good players that left.

And who thinks that the players aren't smart enough to decipher what PN said? Maybe act like they can read and write on their own.

PN is a great Xs and Os guy, but his personality is and will be his downfall.

Reactions: Joe the Panther Fan
I don't. He was tweeting every player reaction to his original tweet and didn't put out the full quote until he got backlash from Pitt fans.
I honestly think he’s just an inexperienced journalist. He’s done some good work, but he’s also made several mistakes along the way; you can tell he’s still very “green.” That’s not to make excuses for what happened, but rather provide some context to the situation.

• Haha
Reactions: FireballZ
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT