ADVERTISEMENT

Baseball team

gary2

Athletic Director
Jul 21, 2001
Needs to change the lineup. Need to inject some offense.

If Frontino is available he needs to play. I would like to see Tarabek in there as well.

Maybe Popa to Cf and Washington in the OF.

Needs to change the lineup. Need to inject some offense.

If Frontino is available he needs to play. I would like to see Tarabek in there as well.

Maybe Popa to Cf and Washington in the OF.

our main issue since we moved to the ACC is run production.For the most part we’ve pitched pretty decently.

Reactions: W1np1tt and gary2
our main issue since we moved to the ACC is run production.For the most part we’ve pitched pretty decently.
He has Anderson sitting today, but stubbornly sticking with Frank’s.

Hope he gives up that ghost soon.

He has Anderson sitting today, but stubbornly sticking with Frank’s.

Hope he gives up that ghost soon.
Frank’s just struck out with runners on second and third.

Franks has struck out 13 times in 23 at bats. (And I dont think he is Ossie Smith)

The big question was would franks be able to hit. If not I think Yanni goes back to SS

Needs to happen soon.

Yanni's 5-35 so far this season. That's actually even worse than Franks, for those of you scoring at home.

Maybe a place to look for some more offense is at first base, where the guy who has started every game is hitting .139/.311/.167. At a position that is all about offense.

Yanni's 5-35 so far this season. That's actually even worse than Franks, for those of you scoring at home.

Maybe a place to look for some more offense is at first base, where the guy who has started every game is hitting .139/.311/.167. At a position that is all about offense.
Yanni has 7 RBIs, Huellet has 6. I agree both are currently not hitting.

They, unlike Franks, have hit at this level in the past.

Franks never even hit in Junior College.

Which just goes to show you why RBIs are a dumb stat to use to try to figure out if someone is a good hitter or not.
I think My main point was they have a history of hitting at this level And Frank’s has a history of not hitting at a lower level.

I think My main point was they have a history of hitting at this level And Frank’s has a history of not hitting at a lower level.

But Franks is a defense first shortshop. Yanni is an offense first secondbaseman (or shortstop). Huellet is a firstbaseman, so his defense is almost immaterial. There are different offensive expectations for players who play different positions at different levels of defensive proficiency.

Lots of teams will live with a poor hitting shortstop if he's a good enough defender. Most teams will NOT put up with a poor hitting secondbaseman even if he is a good defender. No one will put up with a firstbaseman who can't hit, even if they are the best defensive firstbaseman in the history of the game.

But Franks is a defense first shortshop. Yanni is an offense first secondbaseman (or shortstop). Huellet is a firstbaseman, so his defense is almost immaterial. There are different offensive expectations for players who play different positions at different levels of defensive proficiency.

Lots of teams will live with a poor hitting shortstop if he's a good enough defender. Most teams will NOT put up with a poor hitting secondbaseman even if he is a good defender. No one will put up with a firstbaseman who can't hit, even if they are the best defensive firstbaseman in the history of the game.
Most people would find it hard to justify a non power hitting player striking out 13 times in 26 at bats.

I take it you are not most people.

Franks does not even put balls in play.

Yanni, Huelet and Frontino have all hit while at Pitt.

Frontino This year (if you are not going to combine him with Tarabek), has 4 ABs.

Most people would find it hard to justify a non power hitting player striking out 13 times in 26 at bats.

I take it you are not most people.

Franks does not even put balls in play.

We are two weeks into the season. You seem to keep forgetting that. But if two bad weeks are enough to take guys out of the lineup then more than just Franks have to go.

You're like a dog with a bone. You decided before the season even started that Franks shouldn't be playing. So all you want to talk about is his deficiencies, while ignoring what everyone else is doing.

Most people wait until they have some information to have an opinion. You are not most people.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT