ADVERTISEMENT

Baseball today. 2/27

gary2

Athletic Director
Jul 21, 2001
Won but Washington did not play?

Much like last season, Jordan Anderson and Franks can be black holes in the offense ( and yes I know Franks hit 2 home runs lately)

With the caveat that I haven’t had a chance to watch any of the games yet…

I agree with Anderson and Franks being below-replacement level offensive players in the ACC. They’re both plus defensive players, though, and I’m particularly excited at the possibility of Tavarez being able to push Franks a little bit. Franks also gets on base quite a bit, even if the hits aren’t as frequent. I think all told he’s a league-average shortstop if you consider that he might have one of the best gloves in the league. Anderson is what he is at this point - a light-hitting defensive-oriented center fielder, which has limitations but also is probably a trade off worth making as you get into the home schedule with Cost Field’s huge centerfield. The big improvement I see is in the offensive upgrade to Levins at catcher. If he can be a league-average bat at that position, that nullifies some of the weakness you see in center.

Reactions: pittjas
Levins staying hot at bat from the catchers spot - another solo home run today to put Pitt up on Army.

He did pinch hit in the 9th with Pitt down two, two outs and a runner on base. He struck out.

Pitt gives up three in the bottom of the 8th to turn a 3-2 lead into a 5-3 loss.
Saw that. Is he injured?

Still no Miller? No Summers in late innings today?

Mckennit, Devereaux and Lester not ACC level

Need more offense from CF and SS

Right now, this team is not even average

Beat Campbell today 11-5. Corcoran gave up five runs in six innings, but four of the five came in the 6th so it may have been just an example of him running out of gas and not getting the hook quickly enough.

Tatem Levins with a grand slam and six rbis.

Still no Ron Washington.

Two more homers for Franks tonight.

I wonder if he worked on a swing change in the off season or if this is just a lucky streak he's on. Because he is hitting for a lot more power so far this year (in a still small sample size) than he did last year.

Pitt with a big lead in the 9th.

Reactions: TheSpecialSauce
Two more homers for Franks tonight.

I wonder if he worked on a swing change in the off season or if this is just a lucky streak he's on. Because he is hitting for a lot more power so far this year (in a still small sample size) than he did last year.

Pitt with a big lead in the 9th.
If they can get some power out of that spot in the lineup, they’ll be in an okay place. Still really early in the level of competition, though.

Interesting to see Tavarez seeming to take hold of the second place spot. Wonder if the Youngstown State transfer is hurt, or if Tavarez just took the job.

Reactions: Joe the Panther Fan
If they can get some power out of that spot in the lineup, they’ll be in an okay place. Still really early in the level of competition, though.

Interesting to see Tavarez seeming to take hold of the second place spot. Wonder if the Youngstown State transfer is hurt, or if Tavarez just took the job.
Question answered:

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT