ADVERTISEMENT

BC - Duke provides hope for tonight

Joe the Panther Fan

Lair Hall of Famer
Jul 6, 2001
BC is 11-16 on threes in the first half and leads Duke 48-41.

BC has lost 23 straight games against ranked teams, so it may not last.

But BC knows how to play defense and rebound and doesn't turn the ball over too much. That's at least a part of why they're playing so well.

And a 12th three to start the second half.

BC one of the worst shooting teams in the country from the perimeter, too. One of those games where you say it won't last and hope that's the case before time runs out.

This is how Pitt is going to have to win against the top of the ACC, too. Just shoot out of their minds from 3.

But BC knows how to play defense and rebound and doesn't turn the ball over too much. That's at least a part of why they're playing so well.

That’s because they are well coached. Are we?

Jim Christian vs Kevin Stallings isn’t even remotely a competition. Come on.

BC got outplayed today but shot the lights out from 3 despite coming into the game barely shooting 30% from distance on the year.

It happens. Weird things happen in one game samples.

But, BC comes out of that game with 6 more turnovers than Duke, lower FT%, minimal rim protection, and they allowed Duke to shoot over 45% from the field.

BC got outplayed today but shot the lights out from 3 despite coming into the game barely shooting 30% from distance on the year.

But, BC comes out of that game with 6 more turnovers than Duke, lower FT%, minimal rim protection, and they allowed Duke to shoot over 45% from the field.

But they still play better defense than we do, rebound better than we do, and don't turn the ball over as much as we do. Plus, their coaching is much better than ours.

Watch what happens tonight. I'm just going to watch what we do on defense, how we rebound and how we deal with the pressure defense from WVU and limit turnovers. I don't care about the final score.

But they still play better defense than we do, rebound better than we do, and don't turn the ball over as much as we do. Plus, their coaching is much better than ours.

Watch what happens tonight. I'm just going to watch what we do on defense, how we rebound and how we deal with the pressure defense from WVU and limit turnovers. I don't care about the final score.

They played one freshman today. Of course they’re better than us at most of those things.

And, again, you’re undermining yourself when you say Jim Christian is a better coach than Kevin Stallings. That’s just ridiculous.

Reactions: AJSH2P
They played one freshman today. Of course they’re better than us at most of those things.

And, again, you’re undermining yourself when you say Jim Christian is a better coach than Kevin Stallings. That’s just ridiculous.

LOL! Stallings isn't even a mediocre coach. Close to incompetent.

LOL! Stallings isn't even a mediocre coach. Close to incompetent.

I mean, he went to a school with a grand total of 7 NCAA Tournament appearances in its history and in 17 years he matched that.

It's not like he put up underwhelming results at an easy job like UCLA, Ohio State, Indiana, Arizona, UCLA, Georgetown, or Oklahoma State. Any relevance that Vanderbilt has in the college basketball landscape is attributable to Kevin Stallings and Kevin Stallings only.

I mean, he went to a school with a grand total of 7 NCAA Tournament appearances in its history and in 17 years he matched that.

It's not like he put up underwhelming results at an easy job like UCLA, Ohio State, Indiana, Arizona, UCLA, Georgetown, or Oklahoma State. Any relevance that Vanderbilt has in the college basketball landscape is attributable to Kevin Stallings and Kevin Stallings only.

That's true. He had a mediocre record in a mediocre conference. So it's rather easy to make your school relevant if you win a game or 2 more than you lose, with the occasional losing record.

Pitt deserves a lot better than a Stallings-type coach. We've been used to a hell of a lot better than that. If you're OK with Stallings, good for you. Pitt fans want better. You sell Pitt awfully short of you think that Stallings is good enough for Pitt.

That's true. He had a mediocre record in a mediocre conference. So it's rather easy to make your school relevant if you win a game or 2 more than you lose, with the occasional losing record.

Pitt deserves a lot better than a Stallings-type coach. We've been used to a hell of a lot better than that. If you're OK with Stallings, good for you. Pitt fans want better. You sell Pitt awfully short of you think that Stallings is good enough for Pitt.

A decade of relevance doesn’t make Pitt’s overall program better than it is.

We can hate on Stallings individually but the fact is Pitt is not going to get anybody with a better resume or outlook.

Be negative about Stallings all you want, just don’t try to tell me that Mr. Unproven-low-major provides “hope” only because he hasn’t yet failed at a P5 level.

You give me any low-major coach in the country and ask me to bet on whether they perform like Kevin Stallings or get fired first, and I’m betting on the latter every time. That’s what the probability is.

As long as people are consistent and realize that a low-major coach isn’t a reason to be hopeful, I’m fine with being negative about Stallings. Just don’t tell me that getting Joe Dooley or somebody like him is a net positive. It isn’t.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT