ADVERTISEMENT

Ben Roethlisberger is who I thought he was.

I'm baffled by the people who give them carte blanche to do as they please.

For the record, there's nothing Ben could do that would offend me. I don't expect anything of value from him on the first place.
Yeah this doesn't offend me. I'm just talking honesty to ego.
Like Roger's is one of the funniest of them all.
He's doing all these things like ayahuasca and dark rooms and self introspective exercises that are usually for ego death but instead he uses them to validate his own narcissism.
Not sure he's even slightly self aware at all.

Reactions: RaleighPittFan
I guess we have to thank Ben for doing this now during a tremendous dead time for sports in Pittsburgh. Nothing at all is happening so at least this sparks a bit of interest.

No I've never had the luxury of being an egotistical douchebag for throwing a ball.
You named a couple qbs. Who are all known dicks.
I'd probably more reflect on the the wonderful accomplishments I had and take solace knowing I'm one of the best ever. I'd be humbled by the blessings and unparalleled praise and adoration i received for playing a sport.
I'd reflect on how unimportant my actual job was compared to the accolades that come with it.
Well most athletes don't think this way. You seem like a great guy.

Yeah this doesn't offend me. I'm just talking honesty to ego.
Like Roger's is one of the funniest of them all.
He's doing all these things like ayahuasca and dark rooms and self introspective exercises that are usually for ego death but instead he uses them to validate his own narcissism.
Not sure he's even slightly self aware at all.
Rodgers might be an outright sociopath 🤣

• Love
Reactions: Drew1208
Reading this thread really brings up what is wrong with our society. People have a bias against someone or something, and they don't even bother to read or at least comprehend an article or speech. Their bias exists and that's that. It even goes the same with posts on here. Some people on here don't like me (for whatever reason) and I'll post something and they will completely misinterpret or misread to serve their predetermined narrative.

Reading this thread really brings up what is wrong with our society. People have a bias against someone or something, and they don't even bother to read or at least comprehend an article or speech. Their bias exists and that's that. It even goes the same with posts on here. Some people on here don't like me (for whatever reason) and I'll post something and they will completely misinterpret or misread to serve their predetermined narrative.
Ben came across as honest and sincere. "I was hoping you'd go out there and kick ass" would have been so fake by most.

Once Canada opened things up Pickett started showing flashes of being very good soon. Felt Canada held him back at first.

Reactions: gary2
Sorry but it isnt about the rest of what he said. For him to admit that he was feeling a bad way about a player who was not competing for his spot is immature and selfloathing. His sorry ass was and truth be known still is hoping Pickett dont best him.

Ben is one of the worsr Pittsburgh sports figures of all time. And for some reason whenever his actions are in questioned, fans come out in full force and condone everything he say or do. Ben is a complete jackass and nothing to root for or support.

Ehhh, hall of famers (I guess he is), in my opinion really should never feel that way. I mean he got his (2 bowls). That's some big insecurity or flat out hating on other's success. That's weak. Guys that have started for years and never really had great teams or stats is more common to feel Ben's way I would think
Totally agree - sounds like a really weak minded individual..hence him lacking in team MVPs.

Last edited:
Although I'm reaming Ben because I have inherit bias against him. I still appreciate that he can admit a thought about himself that's honest but also confirms my bias against him.

Reactions: PSUriseANDfire
Although I'm reaming Ben because I have inherit bias against him. I still appreciate that he can admit a thought about himself that's honest but also confirms my bias against him.
That is fair but isn't it part of evolving. Terry Bradshaw was a prick for a long time. Then he had kids and was different and slowly evolved(I literally am just going off of mostly hearsay or written words but I just think the admitting even this part was probably rough). He could have pretended to have pom poms for Pickett from go but that wouldn't be real. Pickett is going to win a lot of people this year.

Ben came across as honest and sincere. "I was hoping you'd go out there and kick ass" would have been so fake by most.

Once Canada opened things up Pickett started showing flashes of being very good soon. Felt Canada held him back at first.
"ben came across as honest and sincere"....Sorry, I don't see that at all. ben has always been very self-centered and arrogant. When he first got to Pittsburgh, he was a jackoff then and he has continued to develop into the attention seeking whore that he is today. The rally funny part of all is this is, I am not a Steelers fan. In fact, I don't know if I have a team that I root for other then Pitt. I root for the individual players that I like. roethlisberger was never one of them for me.
What he said about Pickett just adds to the reasons why I don't care for him.
Lastly, I do agree with you about Pickett being held back by canada's pllay calling. I would even go as far as to add mike tomlin into that equation as well. What they did last season with Pickett will hold back on his development. He is essentially a rookie again this year, with the same horrible OC. I hope for Kenny Pickett that I am wrong, but based upon play calling from last year by the same OC, I don't think that I am.

I'm waiting for him to admit to wanting the Steelers to mostly throw the ball and abandon the run for selfish reasons.

That is fair but isn't it part of evolving. Terry Bradshaw was a prick for a long time. Then he had kids and was different and slowly evolved(I literally am just going off of mostly hearsay or written words but I just think the admitting even this part was probably rough). He could have pretended to have pom poms for Pickett from go but that wouldn't be real. Pickett is going to win a lot of people this year.
Also can't deny the click factor. It's great for his podcast #'s... no news is bad news. This just adds to his show.

But yes evolving is important. And some guys need more work than others and Ben is one of them but hardly an outlier in a world of gluttonous fed egos.
Loved him on the field tho. I could compartmentalize his on the field work vs him as a human

Anyone else here who wished while it was happening that Abanikanda would not break Dorsett's 303 number for any number of reasons? Be honest, you are hooked up to a polygraph. If you said yes, that does not make you a dik nor does it mean you have anything against Abanikanda in any way and in fact really like the kid.... Human nature.

After hearing the reaction today, absolutely brilliant by Ben to bring it up on air. He wouldn't have had Kenny on if he had any issues with him. He gives an honest reaction most people would have and it's national news and brings more attention to his very good podcast. Between Footbahlin' and Aaron Rodgers on Pat McAfee's show, we get some good takes from these NFL QBs. So much better than the boring coachspeak current players go with.

• Haha
Reactions: FireballZ
@upj87 I care less about individual accomplishments. I'm concerned with team wins. A balanced offensive attack provides better opportunities.

You can only go so far being a one dimensional offense. Eventually a team will come along and gameplan to stop either the run or pass. Great teams have balanced attacks and can easily pivot their offense.

@upj87 I care less about individual accomplishments. I'm concerned with team wins. A balanced offensive attack provides better opportunities.

You can only go so far being a one dimensional offense. Eventually a team will come along and gameplan to stop either the run or pass. Great teams have balanced attacks and can easily pivot their offense.
uh, huh? I did not think what I said would elicit a response that outlines your offensive philosophy.. It was simply a metaphor for the Big Ben discussion. But hey, a balanced offensive attack? That's brilliant groundbreaking stuff right there.

Ben was a good, not great QB.....and he was a complete asshole. The Steelers won their first SB with him despite Ben.
Do you become a 1st ballot HOFer by only being good and not being great?
Maybe there's a word in between good and great that makes more sense.

I listened to the podcast and didn’t think it was a big deal. I thought it was more interesting that when talking about the QB room last year Ben completely ignored any mention of Rudolph, even when KP brought him up. I think KP said something like, “yeah having Mitch AND Mason was huge.” Ben was like “yeah so Mitch…”.

• Haha
Ben was a good, not great QB.....and he was a complete asshole. The Steelers won their first SB with him despite Ben.
No, not at all, Ben CARRIED the Steelers to Super Bowl XL with his arm, on the road, vs. the top 3 AFC seeds, and even made a game saving tackle that saved FAT BOY Bettis from being an ALL-TIME GOAT. In that Super Bowl he didn't play well, but his performances the previous 3 games and the last 5 games of that regular season are the main reason they even got there. You're the type that is thinking with your heart, you hate Ben and love Kenny, mainly because Kenny played at Pitt, Kenny has potential, but only one outstanding season in the 6 years as a starter, to say that he's anywhere near Ben's level at this point is ridiculous. I hope he surpasses Ben, because the Steelers being good is always priority #1 for me, above any individual people's successes, but he's nowhere near yet. Ben being a "complete asshole" has no relevance in the conversation about who's better between him an Kenny.

Then why did he say it? He's an attention where who can't get enough
Because he lacks a filter and ever since he was in HS he could pretty much say and do what he wanted and everyone put up with it. Most, QB's are generally some of the cockiest and most entitled people on the field and usually lack any sort of self-awareness. In Ben's world, this probably doesn't register as an issue.

Might want to check the stats on that playoff run. He had one "great" game against Denver. In no way was he bad but outside of that one game, he had 5 TD passes and 3 INT's and averaged under 200 yards per game. When KP has those kind of stats you say he sucks, so...
Check the stats, play by play, the leads were built in the first half, by coming out throwing. Then in typical Cowher fashion they over did the run game. But I get it, you probably don't want to give Ben credit because you don't like him personally. Truth is, if they hadn't drafted Ben, they'd still be selling those "One for the Thumb" t shirts in their gift shop.

I cannot believe something so innocuous has made such news and discussion.
It’s not a Shock go me. In todays low testosterone world faux moral outrage is the standard. Two guys being real with eachother is now toxic masculinity

As I’ve said I’ve never hated BR nor was I one of his fan boys He’s done so stupid shit as a younger guy and by most accounts had a huge ego some would call obnoxious. But that’s in part because as a society weve idolized young men who excel at sports and fed those oversized egos

I watched the entire vid and what he said about KP was relatively innocuous especially since he said he was wrong and being selfish KP didn’t seem to react to it and in fact said something to the effect that he was flattered that BR thought so highly of him

But as you indicated earlier those that hate him for whatever reason don’t want to hear the facts. To them BR is a total POS and can never be redeemed in tbeir eyes

It’s not a Shock go me. In todays low testosterone world faux moral outrage is the standard. Two guys being real with eachother is now toxic masculinity

As I’ve said I’ve never hated BR nor was I one of his fan boys He’s done so stupid shit as a younger guy and by most accounts had a huge ego some would call obnoxious. But that’s in part because as a society weve idolized young men who excel at sports and fed those oversized egos

I watched the entire vid and what he said about KP was relatively innocuous especially since he said he was wrong and being selfish KP didn’t seem to react to it and in fact said something to the effect that he was flattered that BR thought so highly of him

But as you indicated earlier those that hate him for whatever reason don’t want to hear the facts. To them BR is a total POS and can never be redeemed in tbeir eyes
It's amazing on who and for what society and the media forgives versus others they just want to take down.

Check the stats, play by play, the leads were built in the first half, by coming out throwing. Then in typical Cowher fashion they over did the run game. But I get it, you probably don't want to give Ben credit because you don't like him personally. Truth is, if they hadn't drafted Ben, they'd still be selling those "One for the Thumb" t shirts in their gift shop.
You don't get credit for "coming out throwing" when you had 28 completions in the first two games. This stuff is all online. The fact you tried to make it seem personal is pretty telling about the quality of your argument.

Did you listen to the whole interview?

(Or is it more fun to take that snippet and stay mad? It’s much different in the context of the whole interview)

You don't get credit for "coming out throwing" when you had 28 completions in the first two games. This stuff is all online. The fact you tried to make it seem personal is pretty telling about the quality of your argument.
Yeah, you do, THE END.

Maybe you didn't watch those games?

Some of you guys have some fd up sense of things at times.

He said these things TO KP ...

That's real and genuine, and honestly COMPLIMENTARY to KP that he was able to go on air and put it out to him like that.

We need MORE of this ...

Being honest and real with each other.
Kenny himself was appreciative

i am one who couldn’t stand Ben his whole career. But this thing is a Big nothing burger. Ben was human and Ben was real for one of the few times in his life.

Sites create headlines to get clicks, but then fools don’t actually watch the footage itself and miss all the context. We see the same with news and politics. But of course with news, politics and now this, the truth doesn’t really matter. What matters is the narrative.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT