ADVERTISEMENT

Best Italian restaurant in the Pittsburgh area

Frankie and Cat... the Santucci's are relatives on my wife's side... Vic was a gem and was sort of the guardian for Bruno Samartino..

A twist on the topic - Favorite Pittsburgh Italian of All Time - Top 20

Tambellinis 7th
Tambelinis Wood
Franco's West Liberty
Rico's West Liberty
Piccolina's McLaughlin Road
Delallo's near S.Hills Village
Bella Bistro Paiters Run
Deblasios Cochran Road
Emilia Romagna downtown
IL Burloni Scott Twnsp
Joseph Tambellini's Highland Park
Scolio's Heidelberg
Piccolo Mondo Greentree
Raffaeles RT 885
Disalvo's Jeanette
Pasts Piatta Shadyside
Carmasi's North Hills
Bruno's Staircase Verona
Tivoli's Penn Hills
Nino's in the Bourse shops

Last edited:
Reactions: TreesHero
Lived near Churchill. I believe you are talking about the Villa Capri which was terrific. A similar Italian spot that is always busy is Johnny's in Wilmerding .Pasta, Steaks, and Lobster are excellent.
Went to Speranza’s in Wilmerding. And. Dante’s in Trafford.

Reactions: Pitt-Chains
Ah, memories of Tambellini's headed up the backside of Mt Washington. Not there anymore, was great
Wow, Tambellini’s. Brings back memories. Heard of the place from my parents and thought it must be the Creme de la creme so took my high school girlfriend there many years ago. Lucky for me.

Many years ago there was a place in Prince Galitzin that Pittsburghers used to take a 2 hour drive to eat there. Pretty sure it’s long gone. Can’t remember the name— maybe Herculinis (Sp.?). There also was a really good Northern Italian place in Churchill in the 1970s that was superb. Also must be long gone from the Pittsburgh area—like me!
Herculiani's was I think how they spelled it. Food was superb, but soooo much of it. Delocious and legendary. Could the Churchill Restaurant have been "Tivoli" on Rodi Road? I recall it as being very good.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT