ADVERTISEMENT

Best Italian restaurant in the Pittsburgh area

Cap pitt

Junior
Jul 20, 2014
i have no idea, I ate at some of them but they were good or OK, nothing like mama used make. Even been to Italy food was ok, can't find a meatball in Italy

Again, depends on what you like. Alot of regional cuisines with Italian food. But your basic Italian American Red Sauce joints? Just so many.

Best overall......Ala Famiglia. Which their Veal Chop topped with lump crab is just unbelievable.

Pffft. Wrong. Everyone knows it’s Bucca di Beppo.

By far, the best and most authentic is Bravo on McKnight Road. Nothing says intimate Italian place like a monster facility located on a busy suburban highway. On my trips to Rome, I sat at several Trattorias thinking "Man, this Chicken Alfredo doesn't measure up to Bravo"

DiPietro’s in Westview. The best Italian food for the money. Great Lasagna. Great family atmosphere.
All’s Famiglia is great but super expensive.
Della Terra in Zelinople is meh. No meat or fish entrees. The place is overhyped and not worth the wait.

Many years ago there was a place in Prince Galitzin that Pittsburghers used to take a 2 hour drive to eat there. Pretty sure it’s long gone. Can’t remember the name— maybe Herculinis (Sp.?). There also was a really good Northern Italian place in Churchill in the 1970s that was superb. Also must be long gone from the Pittsburgh area—like me!

Many years ago there was a place in Prince Galitzin that Pittsburghers used to take a 2 hour drive to eat there. Pretty sure it’s long gone. Can’t remember the name— maybe Herculinis (Sp.?). There also was a really good Northern Italian place in Churchill in the 1970s that was superb. Also must be long gone from the Pittsburgh area—like me!

Got me thinking on the Churchill place." Gotta be Tony D'Imperios place was near Sears after the Jonette Bldg.

My family owns Piazza Talarico and Papa Joe’s wine cellar. 39th and Penn in Lawrenceville. We are operating on a limited takeout menu because of covid and being short staffed because of it as well. Monday-Friday 12-8 PM. If you’re looking for a red sauce joint, and authentic Southern Italian food, give us a try. Run by Pitt grads, the Narduzzi’s and Capel’s frequent our place. We also make our own wine and sell it to go.
Hail to Pitt!

My family owns Piazza Talarico and Papa Joe’s wine cellar. 39th and Penn in Lawrenceville. We are operating on a limited takeout menu because of covid and being short staffed because of it as well. Monday-Friday 12-8 PM. If you’re looking for a red sauce joint, and authentic Southern Italian food, give us a try. Run by Pitt grads, the Narduzzi’s and Capel’s frequent our place. We also make our own wine and sell it to go.
Hail to Pitt!

Welcome to the lair! I've have been there and should have mentioned your place on this thread! Very good, and as you say very Pitt friendly. Good luck to you & your business as you navigate these difficult times.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT