ADVERTISEMENT

Big futbol game this weekend

Sean Miller Fan

Lair Hall of Famer
Oct 30, 2001
#40 Pitt vs #7 UVa (RPI ranks). 7:00 at home. Pitt is 4-4 after having beaten #14 NC State last night 3-1. Pitt had lost their previous 2 ACC games to Top 5 teams in heartbreaking fashion. They blew let in an equalizer late at UNC and then lost in OT. Louisville made a PK in the 75th minute to win after Pitt missed their own PK a few minutes earlier.

Vidovich has a ton of young talent but they are mostly freshmen and sophomores. Pitt needs this one as they try to make the NCAAT for the first time ever.

#40 Pitt vs #7 UVa (RPI ranks). 7:00 at home. Pitt is 4-4 after having beaten #14 NC State last night 3-1. Pitt had lost their previous 2 ACC games to Top 5 teams in heartbreaking fashion. They blew let in an equalizer late at UNC and then lost in OT. Louisville made a PK in the 75th minute to win after Pitt missed their own PK a few minutes earlier.

Vidovich has a ton of young talent but they are mostly freshmen and sophomores. Pitt needs this one as they try to make the NCAAT for the first time ever.
Sad that ACC doesn't have a TV network like B1G, B1G Network shows a lot of their soccer games during the week and Friday Nights.

Reactions: paulbl99

Sad that ACC doesn't have a TV network like B1G, B1G Network shows a lot of their soccer games during the week and Friday Nights.

Uhhhh......yea we do. ACC Network Extra is on Comcast now and the full network will be there August 1. I watched last night's Pitt game on TV.....though Pitt didn't bothers to have announcers or graphics.

Uhhhh......yea we do. ACC Network Extra is on Comcast now and the full network will be there August 1. I watched last night's Pitt game on TV.....though Pitt didn't bothers to have announcers or graphics.
You mean that thing you said is "On Demand"? Like I said before, I couldn't find anything like that using my cable box.

You mean that thing you said is "On Demand"? Like I said before, I couldn't find anything like that using my cable box.

There are other ways to find. If you have a voice remote, you can just say "ACC Network Extra" and it comes up. Or do a search for it.

There are other ways to find. If you have a voice remote, you can just say "ACC Network Extra" and it comes up. Or do a search for it.
I tried all that. Maybe you just can't get in with Mid Atlantic/Baltimore County Comcast?

ACC Network Extra is readily available in multiple ways and they show a ton of Pitt and ACC athletic events if you are interested enough to watch. The quality of the broadcasts is pretty damn good out of most schools too.

ACC Network Extra is readily available in multiple ways and they show a ton of Pitt and ACC athletic events if you are interested enough to watch. The quality of the broadcasts is pretty damn good out of most schools too.

The Pitt @ Louisville broadcast was the best I've seen. Many camera angles, instant replay, etc. Pitt's broadcasts are the worst but its better than nothing

The Pitt @ Louisville broadcast was the best I've seen. Many camera angles, instant replay, etc. Pitt's broadcasts are the worst but its better than nothing
That's sad. As a university you can get free labor, Probably some IT/Media students could do graphics and you could get a couple media/journalism type students to be the announcers even. They'd enjoy it, get experience and it wouldn't be embarrassing like no sound or graphics.

That's sad. As a university you can get free labor, Probably some IT/Media students could do graphics and you could get a couple media/journalism type students to be the announcers even. They'd enjoy it, get experience and it wouldn't be embarrassing like no sound or graphics.
I think you’ll see the quality and features in the Olympic sports broadcasting increase once Pitt is able to get the ACC Network studio up and running in the next year. I think it’s primarily an infrastructure issue right now.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT