ADVERTISEMENT

Pitt women BB…

MajorMajors

All American
Sep 29, 2002
Lost to UNC 75-62 this week. But one of their better shooting games in a while. They shot 48% from the floor and 58% from three. Turnovers (24!) continue to plague them big-time.

A small glimmer of offensive hope came from freshman Battle who shot 4 for 7 and was 2 for 2 from three. That’s a couple of better games in a row from her, if I remember correctly. Pitt really needs her to become a significant contributor.

Go Pitt.

Lost to UNC 75-62 this week. But one of their better shooting games in a while. They shot 48% from the floor and 58% from three. Turnovers (24!) continue to plague them big-time.

A small glimmer of offensive hope came from freshman Battle who shot 4 for 7 and was 2 for 2 from three. That’s a couple of better games in a row from her, if I remember correctly. Pitt really needs her to become a significant contributor.

Go Pitt.
I'm glad you mentioned the 24 T0's rather than having to listen to me posting
it over and over after every game. Yes, we shot much better for a change, and that
was reflected in a better Assist stat (13 assists) which is an improvement. Unfortunately
the 24 TO's are killers. UNC had 14. I'll be interested next year if Verdi can get guards
in here who can help in this regard. Marley only had 3, she's showing some improvement,
but the off guard Malcolm had 6, and Battle with 4.

You mentioned Battle, and yes she's showing well the past few games. Timmerson now
to the bench? Battle getting her minutes? Some posters on here mentioned Battle with
an injury previously. We actually led at halftime due to some very good 3pt
shooting (Perkinds 4-5, Battle 2-2, and the team 7-12). Where's that been all year.?

Last edited:
That was a really weird game. Pitt scored the first two possessions of the game, and then didn't score again until less than a minute to go in the quarter. But NC wasn't really scoring much either. Then in the second quarter as it looked like NC might stretch it out, Pitt started making some shots. Came back and took the lead late in the second, and had a two point lead at the half. Then Carolina came out hot in the 3rd and got the lead up to double digits. And then Pitt goes on a big run and ties the game up, before Carolina ends up ahead three at the end of the 3rd. It was a four point game half way through the 4th, and then Carolina went on another run to open the game back up again. And that was that.

Somehow Pitt managed to score 6 points in the 1st quarter and then 23 points in the 2nd. Carolina scored 9 in the first, and then 18-24-24.

Bella Perkins with 16 off the bench, including 4-5 threes. Liatu King with a typical Liatu King game, 16 and 14. Pitt had a bunch of players in foul trouble. Washenitz fouled out. Jordan ended up with four in 20 minutes. Ayodele had four in 18 minutes. King also had four, but at least she played 38. Pitt shot 7 foul shots, Carolina shot 23.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT