ADVERTISEMENT

Big ten - bracket

BballinsiderfromPitt

Heisman Winner
Feb 15, 2018
Filling out a bracket it seems impossible more than 2 big ten teams will make it out of the first weekend. The only two I took were Purdue; who I had losing in sweet 16, and Michigan state strictly out of respect for Izzo. Can anyone make a case for any of the other teams???

Filling out a bracket it seems impossible more than 2 big ten teams will make it out of the first weekend. The only two I took were Purdue; who I had losing in sweet 16, and Michigan state strictly out of respect for Izzo. Can anyone make a case for any of the other teams???

It’s trendy but I’m not even sure Purdue makes it past Memphis.

Indiana is the other although they are up and down and Kent is good. But they have the talent to do it.

If someone matches up well with Edey, and neutralizes him at all, Purdue is in deep shit. He is relied upon to bail them out all the time.

Reactions: columbus mike
Watching Purdue play reminds me of the midgets and King Kong Bundy on a tag team at Wrestlemania 3.

I think Indiana probably CAN make it out of the weekend, especially if Omier isn't 100%.

I didn't really think they got a ton of love with the seeding. Perhaps rightfully so, but it probably went against fans' paranoia.

Reactions: LVNVPanther
If someone matches up well with Edey, and neutralizes him at all, Purdue is in deep shit. He is relied upon to bail them out all the time.
I think it’ll be more dependent on which team can make their backcourt pay if you pressure them all game long. Let Edey get 30.

He kind of should be, though. I mean, it would be clinically insane if he wasn't the focal point of their offense. A lot of their success is probably going to depend on how their games are officiated. He gets fouled almost every time he has the ball.

I wish our guy could do anything in the post. Just a turnaround or some type of hook shot.

I don’t think Purdue has the backcourt to go far. I do think they get to the Sweet 16 but definitely no Final 4.

Iowa is the kind of team that can go off for a weekend and pull an upset.

I think PSU is good. Unfortunately for them (great for us), they drew an underseeded Texas A&M and really good Texas. I’d put them as Big Ten team #3 for best chance to advance. Purdue and MSU are 1/2, but both are vulnerable.

He kind of should be, though. I mean, it would be clinically insane if he wasn't the focal point of their offense. A lot of their success is probably going to depend on how their games are officiated. He gets fouled almost every time he has the ball.

I wish our guy could do anything in the post. Just a turnaround or some type of hook shot.
That’s why I say if someone can cool him off a bit Purdue could be in trouble.

Indiana is the other although they are up and down and Kent is good. But they have the talent to do it.
They seemed uninspired against Penn state for much of the game. Like TJD and hood Schifino just wanna collect nba paychecks type of moods

I think PSU is good. Unfortunately for them (great for us), they drew an underseeded Texas A&M and really good Texas. I’d put them as Big Ten team #3 for best chance to advance. Purdue and MSU are 1/2, but both are vulnerable.
PSU is good at beating Indiana, Illinois and Northwestern (7-0) . Everybody else, not so much...helluva lucky draw they got in the Big 10 tourney to enhance that premise......

PSU is good at beating Indiana, Illinois and Northwestern (7-0) . Everybody else, not so much...helluva lucky draw they got in the Big 10 tourney to enhance that premise......
Idk. Jalen Pickett has the ability to carry a team.

You can say that about almost any conference this year. Wouldn't surprise me if no 1 seeds made the final four.

PSU star player isnt going to get away with his push off's in the first game. only Purdue, Indiana and Michigan State can get to the sweet 16 but thats a stretch.

This is a good call, I think Memphis can finish their season too. I'm not sure Indiana gets by Kent either in the first round. You really do struggle to find Big 10 teams that can advance.

Isn't the Mountain West usually garbage in the tourney? So, I'll take Northwestern. Second round they will see UCLA with the injury bug. So, Northwestern is my vote for the sole Big Pretend representative in the Sweet 16.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT