MWC (2/6) 33%
A10 (2/2)
West Coast (1/2)
Ivy League (1/1)
Horizon (1/1)
Sun Belt (1/1)
AAC (0/2)
Other one bid leagues (0/19)

3 of the 5 bid stealers remain in the tourney. 8 double digit seeds remain (25%) with at least one guaranteed a spot in the sweet 16 (most likely NC State over Oakland).

Last edited:
I forgot Arizona has a player named Jaden Bradley. Gee, that sounds familiar…

How bout I planned on going to the PPG games tonight and was thinking prices would drop like crazy after Kentucky lost and they did slightly drop initially and then have beem skyrocketing ever since. I like NCAA Tournament ball but I doubt I cant justify spending $200/ticket to see NC State play for the 4th time in 14 days plus Oregon (yawn) and Creighton (yawn). Pgh absolutely loves the NCAA Tournament. Its strange because Pgh is a really bad basketball town. Doesn't follow Pitt, RMU, or Duquesne but everyone in town will be there for an Oregon/Creighton game.

Reactions: SteelBowl70
How bout I planned on going to the PPG games tonight and was thinking prices would drop like crazy after Kentucky lost and they did slightly drop initially and then have beem skyrocketing ever since. I like NCAA Tournament ball but I doubt I cant justify spending $200/ticket to see NC State play for the 4th time in 14 days plus Oregon (yawn) and Creighton (yawn). Pgh absolutely loves the NCAA Tournament. Its strange because Pgh is a really bad basketball town. Doesn't follow Pitt, RMU, or Duquesne but everyone in town will be there for an Oregon/Creighton game.

The Gohlke effect is in full force

Teams left by conference
Big 12 (6/8)
PAC (4/4)
ACC (4/5)
Big Ten (4/6)
Big East (3/3)
SEC (3/8) 37.5%
MWC (2/6) 33%
A10 (2/2)
West Coast (1/2)
Ivy League (1/1)
Horizon (1/1)
Sun Belt (1/1)
AAC (0/2)
Other one bid leagues (0/19)

3 of the 5 bid stealers remain in the tourney. 8 double digit seeds remain (25%) with at least one guaranteed a spot in the sweet 16 (most likely NC State over Oakland).
Nothing is most likely in late March. Go Grizzlies!

Man does Kansas look like s**t on defense. So many easy baskets for Gonzaga in the second half.

Oakland U only 4 hours from Pittsburgh and their alums and a lot of others here in metro Detroit are fired up big time. That place will be absolutely full of Grizz fans tonight. The whole country outside of Carolina will be rooting for them. NCSU’s little run has to come to an end at some point. Here’s hoping it’s tonight in Pittsburgh.

Man does Kansas look like s**t on defense. So many easy baskets for Gonzaga in the second half.
Despite having a premiere scoring big man they settle for shooting 3s offensively and when they miss them the zags go right down and score. Not the best coaching job I’ve seen. Not having McCullers is killer for them as well.

You can't claim that Pittsburgh loves the tournament and at the same time claim that Pittsburgh hates basketball. Those are mutually exclusive, and 1 or the other must be untrue. Which is it?

Reactions: TD_6082

I'm thinking Oakland and/or NC State fans might be filing in on the weekend. Could be a once in a lifetime thing for Oakland, and for NC State it's a doable drive that will more than likely result in a Sweet 16 send-off.

I don't know about the rest of this city, but you couldn't pay me $200 to sit through those games.

Gary McGhee is the most grateful person on earth towards Caleb Love after Caleb basically fell out of the TV screen during a crossover by the Dayton kid.

I'm thinking Oakland and/or NC State fans might be filing in on the weekend. Could be a once in a lifetime thing for Oakland, and for NC State it's a doable drive that will more than likely result in a Sweet 16 send-off.

I don't know about the rest of this city, but you couldn't pay me $200 to sit through those games.

Yea. I mean I know Detroit isnt far but Oakland doesnt have a large fanbase. Do they have enough fans to replace the UK fans who bought Thu/Sat tickets? Ticket prices slightly dropped after the UK loss and I figured I'd wait and get them dirt cheap and then they skyrocketed. This is probably the hottest ticket in Pittsburgh basketball history for real. And its 4 non-brand, non-local teams. Something has to be up though. Like will there 5K Oakland fans and 5K NC State fans? I wasnt expecting that.

Cormac Ryan of North Carolina turns 26 years old this October. Can we please end this stupid covid 5 year and 6th year eligibility rule already. Its beyond absurd. And Im sick of conferences like the mountain west and the midmajors benefiting from this.

Only 1 more year of this nonsense.

Cormac Ryan of North Carolina turns 26 years old this October. Can we please end this stupid covid 5 year and 6th year eligibility rule already. Its beyond absurd. And Im sick of conferences like the mountain west and the midmajors benefiting from this.

How old is Bacot?

You can't claim that Pittsburgh loves the tournament and at the same time claim that Pittsburgh hates basketball. Those are mutually exclusive, and 1 or the other must be untrue. Which is it?
Pittsburgh is an EVENT town when it comes to college sports. Somebody on the national level needs to tell them it’s a big deal and they’ll show up. 😒

Pittsburgh is an EVENT town when it comes to college sports. Somebody on the national level needs to tell them it’s a big deal and they’ll show up. 😒

Its more than that though. Something odd is going on with these tickets. This is blowing away a 2nd Round doubleheader featuring Duke, Nova, and Trae Young

Bad take. It’s benefited Pitt the past few years. Last year’s team was one of the older teams in the country. This year’s best player was in his 6th year.

Bad take. It’s benefited Pitt the past few years. Last year’s team was one of the older teams in the country. This year’s best player was in his 6th year.

I dont like the rule period.

And I dont think the mountain west is getting 6 teams in the NCAA tournament again after the rule is over with.

I liked it last year as without it Pitt wouldn’t make the tournament. The rule has been the same for everyone not like just the MWC can use it.

I dont like the rule.

Again, it benefits the midmajors the most. The teams with 4 and 5 star stud freshmen and sophomores are forced to play older players that have no business being in college basketball at 26 years old or however old some of these guys are. Its ridiculous.

And I honestly dont care if it benefited Pitt. I hate the rule. I hated it the day it was announced.

Oakland is dragging NC State down into the mud with them for now, but I don't know that I see this lasting. Oakland just isn't getting many good looks at all.

Oakland is dragging NC State down into the mud with them for now, but I don't know that I see this lasting. Oakland just isn't getting many good looks at all.
The biggest difference is rebounding. Oakland is getting killed on the glass. Can’t keep giving up O rebounds. I posted about Duquesne & that’s going to be their big problem is size/rebounding if they want to pull an upset

So you are saying that fans will attend events in sports that they hate, just because they have some national importance?

So you are saying that fans will attend events in sports that they hate, just because they have some national importance?
Hate? Not my word. But Pittsburghers typically only attend college sports in big numbers if they are convinced it’s a big event, in my experience.

Reactions: TheSpecialSauce
This Illinois team looks really good. Both Iowa State and Illinois are conference champions and have been destroying people the last 10 games of the season. How in the hell are these 2 teams the 2 and 3 seeds in the same region as Uconn? This whole selection committee gets an F-.

This has been some amazing run by NC State.

Teams that get hot at the end of the season are much bigger contenders than teams that are hot in November in non conference season. The non conference schedule is not nearly as important as the last 10 games of the season.

Ive said it 1000 times, pay attention to the teams and what they do the last 10 games of the season. NC State is on a heater right now.

Teams that get hot at the end of the season are much bigger contenders than teams that are hot in November in non conference season. The non conference schedule is not nearly as important as the last 10 games of the season.

Ive said it 1000 times, pay attention to the teams and what they do the last 10 games of the season. NC State is on a heater right now.
NC State finished the regular season 4-10. They did nothing until the ACC tournament.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT