ADVERTISEMENT

Bob Kuziel and Ed Sharockman are 2 of the——

Bill Wallace, tore up the nits which was fun to watch. Never seemed to get the recognition he deserved.. Rod Rutherford, underappreciated more than underrated. Big year for him in 2002.
When I think in those terms, Rick Trocano comes to mind. He played QB when needed, played DB when needed. Didn't seem to have any ego issues, just did what was best for the team. And in that era, there were so many other superstars, his versatility and contributions may be overlooked.

Saw Sharockman at Pitt. He was a quarterback better known for his running than passing. Nothing special. Jim Traficant was also a qb at the same time. He did much better in the NFL with the Vikings as a defensive back. Don’t remember if he played there while at Pitt. Fred Cox who was a long time kicker for the Vikings was at Pitt the same time as a running back.

Big East PoY

It wasn’t 70’s-80s level, but there was enough talent on those teams that they should never have lost to Temple and Rutgers.
Did that happen? Seems the only Temple game I clearly remember from that era was that 53-52 abomination that neither team seemed to want to win (the Owls got up by 3 TDs only to blow it at the end).

Did that happen? Seems the only Temple game I clearly remember from that era was that 53-52 abomination that neither team seemed to want to win (the Owls got up by 3 TDs only to blow it at the end).
Yes. This was not even Schiano era Rutgers. This was when Ron Dickerson was at Temple and Terry Shea was at Rutgers. Pitt lost to both in 1995 and 1998. Also lost to Temple in 1997, Walt’s first year.

Joe Clermond. Led the Big East in tackles for loss in 2006 and had 10.5 sacks in 2007 (3rd in Big East and 10th nationally).
This is a good one for sure. I know I’d not thought of him in forever.

I think in a few years when this topic arises again, Jared Wayne will get some mentions.

Reactions: hoclaw
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT