ADVERTISEMENT

Bub says he's coming back next year

I dont remember that but we all knew that wasnt happening.

Actually, I kept telling people on this board that he was leaving because he was going to be a lottery pick, and a whole bunch of people here thought I was nuts.

Well, OK, maybe I am nuts. But way more people here thought he was coming back than thought he was going to the NBA at the end of his freshman year.

Reactions: Ski11585 and BFo8
If NIL existed in 2013, Adams would have 100% come back.

He left because of financial hardship for his family.

A couple million in NIL $$$ and he would've been back.

Just pay up for bub, and he might stay.
And that would’ve been a dumb decision costing him millions on the back end of his career for a season. He should test, didn’t say he should go

I can't imagine how anyone could think that was even remotely possible.
Bub will get 7 figures in NIL if he comes back next year.

It is a different reality now.

Pitt was an elite program getting 12500 every game and about to enter the ACC. Adams would've gotten 7 figures.

Instead of getting to the 2nd and 3rd contracts in the NBA earlier… lol

His first year of his second contract was for $22.4 million as opposed to the $3.1 million he made on the last year of his rookie deal.

So clearly no problem at all waiting an extra year, when it's only going to cost you $19 million in the long run.

Youth is a wonderful thing. But the opposite is frightening.
Maybe some cherish what they have and others don't.

Reactions: TreesHero
How can the NBA not want RJ Davis who seems like he has been in college for 6 years, but the NBA wants Carrington after one year?

Maybe the selection committee at Pitt will put Dior Johnson back on the roster next season. Too bad so many skinny tall dudes seem to have gamed the system.

How can the NBA not want RJ Davis who seems like he has been in college for 6 years, but the NBA wants Carrington after one year?

One thing in Carrington's favor is that he is a lot bigger. Davis is a small guard, and in the NBA right now they love big guards.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT