ADVERTISEMENT

Bub says he's coming back next year

To say it from another thread, it's hard to compete against the athleticism of this level of play when you have bigs who HAVE TO gather on an alley oop. Neither DG nor Fede put one alley oop in off the pass.
I commented during the in-game thread about that. And it was Fede who couldn't handle those for the most part. JLowe fed him 2 or 3 times in the 2nd half, and he could do nothing with it. If the passes are not 100% perfect to him, the ball isn't going in the basket without some luck.

I commented during the in-game thread about that. And it was Fede who couldn't handle those for the most part. JLowe fed him 2 or 3 times in the 2nd half, and he could do nothing with it. If the passes are not 100% perfect to him, the ball isn't going in the basket without some luck.

Those will be dunks next year with Kante. Guaranteed.

Reactions: punxsypanther
Jaland should have stopped throwing him those lobs after the 1st one Fede screwed up.

I thought that was mostly due to gameplan. Jeff did a great job of eliminating Davis in the first by allowing Cadeau to have as much space as he wanted. Cadeau bit a few times and I think Hubert told him to pass the ball at half.
They had a very good gameplan for Davis and Ryan. Their bigs were obviously just much better than us. Missed a ton of bunnies. Conversely, UNC had a great gameplan for Hinson and Leggett

Reactions: LGP1989
Lol nothing like guaranteeing a kid who is coming off an ACL is gonna beat out a 2 year starter and 2 year backup center to play all the minutes.

Kante will be fine and you will take an L on this.

As far as Fede being a 2 yr starter.

1) He got benched this year for a chunk of the season for GDG

2) He only averaged 21 minutes per game this season, which is FAR from true starter minutes.

Reactions: pierre93

2) He only averaged 21 minutes per game this season, which is FAR from true starter minutes.
Right so he started most of the games, played majority of the minutes 21 > 19, but he’s not a 2 year starter.

I’ve watched Papa Kante highlights over and over and cannot get your obsession with him. He doesn’t finish strong in traffic, plays finesse and when he does go off a straight 2 foot jump looks like he’s cutting his fingernails on the rim. Fede’s HS and Juco tape are much better than his strength wise.

Other than your magical push the window another year down the road of “THIS IS THE YEAR” I just don’t see what you’re seeing. Guy is a total project

Right so he started most of the games, played majority of the minutes 21 > 19, but he’s not a 2 year starter.

I’ve watched Papa Kante highlights over and over and cannot get your obsession with him. He doesn’t finish strong in traffic, plays finesse and when he does go off a straight 2 foot jump looks like he’s cutting his fingernails on the rim. Fede’s HS and Juco tape are much better than his strength wise.

Other than your magical push the window another year down the road of “THIS IS THE YEAR” I just don’t see what you’re seeing. Guy is a total project

Kante's offer sheet speaks for itself.

Aaron Bradshaw 5 points 3 rebounds 14 mins
Xavier Booker 3 points 1.5 rebounds 9 mins
Dennis Evans 1.6 points, .9 rebounds 7 mins
Baye Fall .8 1.3 rebounds 5 mins
Brandon Garrison 7.5 5.3 22 mins (worst team in big 12)
Yves Missi 11.1, 5.8 boards (the exception, because he came from a HS program that is known for developing bigs)
Arrington Page, 3.1, 2.1 10 MPG
JP Estrella 1.5 .9 6 MPG
Joseph Tugler 3.8 4.1 16 MPG
Blake Buchanan 3.4, 3.2 15 MPG

Those are your top 10 centers from the 23 class. All with better offer sheets and not torn ACLs. Amazing how Pitt just fell ass backwards into a guy who was ranked 15th and will be better than all those guys coming off an ACL with 2 centers in front of him. Especially with how good our staff has been at developing bigs. Capel is truly blessed!

See you next year.

And expect me to bump this thread.
You won’t obviously.

I spoke with Papa at length after a recent game and said he's ready to go. Him and Austin are great young men. Its ashame some on here want to degrade our upcoming program. Real diehard Pitt fans don't wish the freshmen to leave etc. Pathetic H2P!!!!

Reactions: Vader_Storm
I spoke with Papa at length after a recent game and said he's ready to go. Him and Austin are great young men. Its ashame some on here want to degrade our upcoming program. Real diehard Pitt fans don't wish the freshmen to leave etc. Pathetic H2P!!!!

He's bulked up too. You can see it in the pictures when he stands next to our other players. Ive said it time and time again, he is the definition of workhorse.

??? This is so weird how you constantly come on here and say people who spend their time talking about Pitt basketball aren’t “real fans”. You don’t want Bub Carrington to test the waters and do what’s best for Bub? You really care about the kids!!!

Aaron Bradshaw 5 points 3 rebounds 14 mins
Xavier Booker 3 points 1.5 rebounds 9 mins
Dennis Evans 1.6 points, .9 rebounds 7 mins
Baye Fall .8 1.3 rebounds 5 mins
Brandon Garrison 7.5 5.3 22 mins (worst team in big 12)
Yves Missi 11.1, 5.8 boards (the exception, because he came from a HS program that is known for developing bigs)
Arrington Page, 3.1, 2.1 10 MPG
JP Estrella 1.5 .9 6 MPG
Joseph Tugler 3.8 4.1 16 MPG
Blake Buchanan 3.4, 3.2 15 MPG

Those are your top 10 centers from the 23 class. All with better offer sheets and not torn ACLs. Amazing how Pitt just fell ass backwards into a guy who was ranked 15th and will be better than all those guys coming off an ACL with 2 centers in front of him. Especially with how good our staff has been at developing bigs. Capel is truly blessed!

You won’t obviously.
Nm H2P

Last edited:
??? This is so weird how you constantly come on here and say people who spend their time talking about Pitt basketball aren’t “real fans”. You don’t want Bub Carrington to test the waters and do what’s best for Bub? You really care about the kids!!!
Lmao 😂 plzzz stop you've had a hard on for the Capels awhile back. Please don't get me started. Thx H2P

Lmao 😂 plzzz stop you've had a hard on for the Capels awhile back. Please don't get me started. Thx H2P
So you want Bub to come back because it’s good for you. Not for him. If he doesn’t test the waters, he is making a mistake. If he doesn’t get a 1st round guarantee, he should withdraw. Pretty simple.

I never said not to test the waters.
Then WTf are you talking about? I hope he does what’s best for him, Re:NBA. Then second I hope he does what’s best for Pitt? There isn’t a person on this thread talking bad about him or Pitt? If he goes, it’s more money to throw at Meleek and an opportunity for other guys to step up. It is what it is. He absolutely has to test the waters now. There’s no downside

Then WTf are you talking about? I hope he does what’s best for him, Re:NBA. Then second I hope he does what’s best for Pitt? There isn’t a person on this thread talking bad about him or Pitt? If he goes, it’s more money to throw at Meleek and an opportunity for other guys to step up. It is what it is. He absolutely has to test the waters now. There’s no downside
Fair enough but I kinda wasn't referring to u. I reread your previous posts in this thread. My bad and tough morning. Sorry 4 blasting away but when rooting 4 Pitt this is what happens lol 😆

Fair enough but I kinda wasn't referring to u. I reread your previous posts in this thread. My bad and tough morning.
I feel you. I’ve been vocal about how Capel has done a better coaching job this year than even last, if you followed. You like to pick out my negative posts 😉

Can I donate money and specifically allocate it to players? I'd throw in a few bucks to make sure the freshmen come back. LOL

If Bub isn’t a lottery pick this year he should come back because as he improves with age and gets stronger he will be one . Whatever amount of money it takes it will get done .

Jaland Lowe isn’t far behind Bub , but both really need to get stronger and improve their 3 ball .
If both come back next yr can be special!

ps …Olivia Dunne isn’t getting paid millions by LSU boosters , she’s getting paid by companies to represent their brands because she is an incredible looking young girl who also happens to be a gymnast . She has used social media better than anyone . For those that don’t know her boyfriend is Paul Skenes ( 102 fastball Paul )
Or Bub goes late in the first to a place like OKC where he can take his time developing and play in meaningful games.

I didn’t think UNC played particularly well either. Davis and Bacot were solid, but their tertiary guys weren’t that good. They are definitely the second team I’d bet on behind UConn to win it all
Yeah it was predominantly Davis and Bacot. But I’d also give credit to the guy that shadowed Hinson. Hinson wasn’t getting any good outside looks or easy paths to the basket and ended up rushing shots and drives a good bit because of it.

Yeah it was predominantly Davis and Bacot. But I’d also give credit to the guy that shadowed Hinson. Hinson wasn’t getting any good outside looks or easy paths to the basket and ended up rushing shots and drives a good bit because of it.
Their guys who thought they got “snubbed” by Leggett and Hinson were certainly difference makers

This is the best draft capsule of Carrington that I have seen. 47.7% on driving layups?!

One of the more interesting names teams will monitor during the predraft process, Carlton Carrington has divided scouts with his shotmaking, playmaking production and some athletic and statistical red flags. He finished the regular season averaging 1.9 threes, 5.2 boards and 4.2 assists, impressive production for a 6'5", 18-year-old point guard in the ACC. But he also shot 47.7 percent on layups, made just 23 half-court field goals at the rim and recorded 17 steals in 31 games. Scouts are drawn to his positional size, pull-up game and live-dribble passing, but they're torn by his lack of rim pressure, heavy reliance on jumpers and scary defensive playmaking rate.

This is the best draft capsule of Carrington that I have seen. 47.7% on driving layups?!

One of the more interesting names teams will monitor during the predraft process, Carlton Carrington has divided scouts with his shotmaking, playmaking production and some athletic and statistical red flags. He finished the regular season averaging 1.9 threes, 5.2 boards and 4.2 assists, impressive production for a 6'5", 18-year-old point guard in the ACC. But he also shot 47.7 percent on layups, made just 23 half-court field goals at the rim and recorded 17 steals in 31 games. Scouts are drawn to his positional size, pull-up game and live-dribble passing, but they're torn by his lack of rim pressure, heavy reliance on jumpers and scary defensive playmaking rate.
Interesting stuff. Thanks for posting. Some of these points aren't too surprising. He's not NBA ready. It's always been about Bub's potential.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT