ADVERTISEMENT

Bub says he's coming back next year

Carrington is definitely the most gifted player Pitt has. Then Lowe.
I hope they stay 1 more year for godsaks. Don't Panther fans get any breaks?

Reactions: TreesHero
I think Lowe may declare and test the process. I wouldn’t bet on it but he's projected 1st Round on 2025 so why not

I was kind of hoping Lowe would be more like an RJ Davis: Great polished college player. Whereas Bub has more next-level attributes (length, speed, etc.). If they both played four years of college I'd pick Lowe to have the better career. It would be a gut punch to lose both early, though.

Reactions: Cavalier Panther
Bub will get 7 figures in NIL if he comes back next year.

It is a different reality now.

Pitt was an elite program getting 12500 every game and about to enter the ACC. Adams would've gotten 7 figures.

Pitt needs to get the NIL money for Lowe and Bub no matter what. Take it from the mediocre football program where there isn't a player on that roster that deserves NIL. But keep Lowe and Bub at all costs.

Reactions: Atilla Cosby
I think Carrington's better right now than Davis. What if they switched teams tonight, the game would not have been close, IMO.

I was kind of hoping Lowe would be more like an RJ Davis: Great polished college player. Whereas Bub has more next-level attributes (length, speed, etc.). If they both played four years of college I'd pick Lowe to have the better career. It would be a gut punch to lose both early, though.

I think Lowe is the better college level player with his vision and leadership. But TBH, I don't think either of them will be back. I think Bub does jump for the NBA and I think Lowe gets huge NIL offers from blue bloods like Kansas or Kentucky and leaves Pitt. I hope I'm wrong about both.

I think Lowe is the better college level player with his vision and leadership. But TBH, I don't think either of them will be back. I think Bub does jump for the NBA and I think Lowe gets huge NIL offers from blue bloods like Kansas or Kentucky and leaves Pitt. I hope I'm wrong about both.

Lowe being from Texas was always something that concerned me. Not sure if it means anything or not. I know it's been said on this board that his dad is tight with Capel, so hopefully that's enough.

Bub will get 7 figures in NIL if he comes back next year.

It is a different reality now.

Pitt was an elite program getting 12500 every game and about to enter the ACC. Adams would've gotten 7 figures.
Bub will get 7 figures at Pitt? I don't know man (honestly really do not know). If Pitt boosters (NIL) can swing that I will be impressed.

Who is getting 7 figures in NIL now? Caleb Williams, Caitlin Clark, Olivia Dunne and who else?

Clark and Dunne are earning it legitimately. Real, actual NIL $ which has nothing to do with whether they are pro, amateur, etc. National brands pay them for their name, image, likeness. Caleb Williams and others would be the comps you are looking for because the majority of their earnings are booster pay for play. Williams has those Fansville and Heisman House commercials but I wouldn't "count" that.

I'd be surprised if he's back. For a guy his size he has special traits. How many more assists would he have had if Federiko had hands? Bubs shot got better as the year went on. He will be drafted early

Bub is saying exactly what he should at this time. His goal is to get a first round guarantee and he wants these NBA teams to think he is willing to go back to college if that doesn't happen. Last year, the last pick in the first round signed a 3 year 12.2 million contract with two years guaranteed. He's not walking away from that. H2P!

Maybe I’m just being negative this morning, but Bub playing so well in a loss that may keep us out of the tournament against UNC is just about the worst outcome I can imagine.

But yeah, best case for Bub would be going in the 1st outside the lottery to a team that isn’t garbage.

Actually, I kept telling people on this board that he was leaving because he was going to be a lottery pick, and a whole bunch of people here thought I was nuts.

Well, OK, maybe I am nuts. But way more people here thought he was coming back than thought he was going to the NBA at the end of his freshman year.
It was obvious to anyone who watches a lick of NBA that Adams was a lottery pick from day one.

Maybe I’m just being negative this morning, but Bub playing so well in a loss that may keep us out of the tournament against UNC is just about the worst outcome I can imagine.

But yeah, best case for Bub would be going in the 1st outside the lottery to a team that isn’t garbage.

It was obvious to anyone who watches a lick of NBA that Adams was a lottery pick from day one.
Yeah, I think you're just being too negative. Scouts are going to know his game inside-out. One performance isn't really going to move the needle. I think the only reservations on Bub is that they would like to see him a little more aggressive attacking the basket and finishing when he does.

Tbh, there were three or four times last night when it felt like UNC was starting to pull away for good and then Carrington would step up and bury a tough shot. He was absolutely spectacular last night.

Reactions: Parkview57
He was absolutely spectacular last night.
Which is why I was so frustrated with all the worries about Blake's offense. At half-time up by two the narrative should have been, "Keep the same flow, Bub and Lowe you have the hot hand keep finding those shots, Blake be ready, when the time comes because if we keep this going it's coming down to the last 9 seconds and you may be the guy." Instead of "Blake's gotta score for us (Pitt) to win." The start of the second half Pitt gave up about six possessions of which 3-4 were forced shots by Blake and Fede's 2 or so fumbles, get those six possessions back and there is 8-9 points spread between Bub and Lowe, IMHO.

I am not saying that is what happens for sure at half-time but it sure felt like it.

Alliance and Pitt fans need to step up if they want these guys back. I saw right now only 500 members and making a push for 1k members.

Our NIL pool absent a couple whale donors can’t be more than like $1.5M for ALL SPORTS

I remember he left Pgh after the last game and never came back . He hated his time at Pitt and openly has said so .
And he said after the last game he wasn’t going pro. That’s all I said. Which is documented. You people need to start reading comprehension classes.

If Bub isn’t a lottery pick this year he should come back because as he improves with age and gets stronger he will be one . Whatever amount of money it takes it will get done .

Jaland Lowe isn’t far behind Bub , but both really need to get stronger and improve their 3 ball .
If both come back next yr can be special!

ps …Olivia Dunne isn’t getting paid millions by LSU boosters , she’s getting paid by companies to represent their brands because she is an incredible looking young girl who also happens to be a gymnast . She has used social media better than anyone . For those that don’t know her boyfriend is Paul Skenes ( 102 fastball Paul )

And he said after the last game he wasn’t going pro. That’s all I said. Which is documented. You people need to start reading comprehension classes.
I read better than most , just telling you he never returned to Pitt and left his stuff here . Doesn’t sound like he was returning to me .

Which is why I was so frustrated with all the worries about Blake's offense. At half-time up by two the narrative should have been, "Keep the same flow, Bub and Lowe you have the hot hand keep finding those shots, Blake be ready, when the time comes because if we keep this going it's coming down to the last 9 seconds and you may be the guy." Instead of "Blake's gotta score for us (Pitt) to win." The start of the second half Pitt gave up about six possessions of which 3-4 were forced shots by Blake and Fede's 2 or so fumbles, get those six possessions back and there is 8-9 points spread between Bub and Lowe, IMHO.

I am not saying that is what happens for sure at half-time but it sure felt like it.
If anything, I thought Pitt should have tried to get GDG more looks from 3 in the second half. Other than that, really no complaints from last night's game.

Pitt fought hard, but UNC was just too much. They just simply couldn't match up with Bacot. It's like Bilas said at one point last night. "UNC is having to work hard for easy shots, while PItt is having to work hard for tough shots."

But Pitt was able to keep it close for the entire 40 minutes thanks to Bub, Lowe, and Cormac Ryan.

Can people stop questioning me about something I didn’t say yet? Here he is, plain as day, saying the exact same thing.
I never said he didn’t say that , can you read ? I said he never returned to Pgh and left his possessions here . Actions speak louder than words .

If anything, I thought Pitt should have tried to get GDG more looks from 3 in the second half. Other than that, really no complaints from last night's game.

Pitt fought hard, but UNC was just too much. They just simply couldn't match up with Bacot. It's like Bilas said at one point last night. "UNC is having to work hard for easy shots, while PItt is having to work hard for tough shots."

But Pitt was able to keep it close for the entire 40 minutes thanks to Bub, Lowe, and Cormac Ryan.
Yeah, I think Pitt’s pretty good. A tournament-quality team that’s figured things out and is playing pretty good basketball.

But UNC is a different type of team - they were really impressive and look every bit of FF caliber. There aren’t many teams with the horses to make life as difficult for Pitt as UNC did last night. They were just really impressive.

Reactions: FireballZ
Yeah, I think Pitt’s pretty good. A tournament-quality team that’s figured things out and is playing pretty good basketball.

But UNC is a different type of team - they were really impressive and look every bit of FF caliber. There aren’t many teams with the horses to make life as difficult for Pitt as UNC did last night. They were just really impressive.
I didn’t think UNC played particularly well either. Davis and Bacot were solid, but their tertiary guys weren’t that good. They are definitely the second team I’d bet on behind UConn to win it all

I would think that everyone who thinks they have a realistic chance should at least go through the process. If nothing else, you can get some NBA scouts and personnel people to tell you what you need to work on.
As much as we all want Bub to stay, I think even Capel will tell him after the season that he needs to test the NBA waters and see what's best for him.

If Blake could have even scored half his avg Pitt wins.

I didn’t think UNC played particularly well either. Davis and Bacot were solid, but their tertiary guys weren’t that good. They are definitely the second team I’d bet on behind UConn to win it all
I thought that was mostly due to gameplan. Jeff did a great job of eliminating Davis in the first by allowing Cadeau to have as much space as he wanted. Cadeau bit a few times and I think Hubert told him to pass the ball at half.

If Blake could have even scored half his avg Pitt wins.
We also blew at least 4 easy layups. Just can't see opportunities like that get away when playing one of the best teams. The Fede/GDG foul trouble also hurt. They couldn't defend the post the way they otherwise would, and we had to start doubling quite a bit, which opened the floor. The two straight turnovers in the second half also stand out. Ish literally gave the ball away which led to a 3-point play by Davis. Then Bacot stole the inbound pass and scored. We literally gave 5 points away in 2 possessions.

Reactions: PittPoker
We also blew at least 4 easy layups. Just can't see opportunities like that get away when playing one of the best teams. The Fede/GDG foul trouble also hurt. They couldn't defend the post the way they otherwise would, and we had to start doubling quite a bit, which opened the floor. The two straight turnovers in the second half also stand out. Ish literally gave the ball away which led to a 3-point play by Davis. Then Bacot stole the inbound pass and scored. We literally gave 5 points away in 2 possessions.
To say it from another thread, it's hard to compete against the athleticism of this level of play when you have bigs who HAVE TO gather on an alley oop. Neither DG nor Fede put one alley oop in off the pass.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT