ADVERTISEMENT

Carr is leaving per Evan Daniels

Who are they Going to lose Playing Time To?

Do you think before you Post? So hey are going to transfer to a Better program with Better Players, yet they are Leaving Pitt because they are worried about playing time?

God we have Petty and Stupid fans!!
Who are they going to help this year then? Other than Luther who basically hasn’t played in 2 years the others all sit out a year in hopes of seeing decent playing time. And, they didn’t win last year regardless. There are a lot of one and dones and freshman who actually won some games. If they really think they are that good why not stay and play for a better attuned younger coach with possibly better players and pedigree? They have a chance to possibly become a part of something good. Why not think yourself before posting?

Reactions: FieldHouse12
Capel was not recruiting over Marcus. That's just a factually inaccurate assertion.

Not from what I've been hearing and seeing. Capel is a very smart man. He knew this was happening. And even if he didn't, he knew he had to get top guards in here quickly, regardless of whether Carr would be here or not. Knowing most or all of them would be an upgrade and Carr would see diminished minutes as a result. His offense was inconsistent and his defense was suspect.

Stewart will be a player someone can use to throw up some points, if he's hot. But since he can't play defense and his game is based only on streaky offense, I just don't see him as a major contributor anywhere. He gave up more points than he scored in most games. Most coaches don't like that. Stallings didn't know any better.

I have to think that if Capel really wanted Carr he would have convinced him to stay. I just dont see what Carr has to gain by transferring IF Capel really indicated he wanted him.

Luther is another story. I can see why hed want to go somewhere where hed have a better shot at Winning.

I have to think that if Capel really wanted Carr he would have convinced him to stay. I just dont see what Carr has to gain by transferring IF Capel really indicated he wanted him.

Luther is another story. I can see why hed want to go somewhere where hed have a better shot at Winning.

Carr is obviously leaving for the same reasons. He wants a chance to win too.

I go back to Capel's comments at the Blue - Gold game. He will build the program with guys who WANT to be here.

If Carr does not want to be here, goodbye. I won't hate him but I sure as hell won't cheer for him. I cheered a lot for him this past season. If he is not a Pitt Panther I won't really care a lot about him or where he goes.

It's pretty simple. I root for Pitt Men. If Carr is, great, if not, see ya.

I go back to Capel's comments at the Blue - Gold game. He will build the program with guys who WANT to be here.

If Carr does not want to be here, goodbye. I won't hate him but I sure as hell won't cheer for him. I cheered a lot for him this past season. If he is not a Pitt Panther I won't really care a lot about him or where he goes.

It's pretty simple. I root for Pitt Men. If Carr is, great, if not, see ya.

-Im ok with wiping out the entire roster and forgetting the entire Stallings time and players here. But we have to field a team next year.

-If you believe or if anyone believes Capel can recruit, why on earth would anyone care about Carr or Stewart? Seriously?

-Let's say Pitt lands the following 2 or 3 players within the next few weeks.

Trey Mcgowens- 4 Star Guard
Xavier Johnson- 4 Star Guard
Aundre Hyatt- 4 Star guard / wing

-That's 2 or 3 four stars within a month. A partial rebuild within a month. And open slots galore for 2019 to load up the roster. And there appears we have a good chance to get visits from 2 five star players with Cole Anthony and Precious Achiuwa. We have more legit interest from Top players within a month then the last 5+ years at this program.

-Getting Ethan Morton is big too. The way his recruiting is taking off, Kentucky and Calipari just visiting him, his stock is going up.

-I didnt think we had a legit chance within any good players in 2018. Now we have a potential legit chance with 3 as I know of.

-Im ok with wiping out the entire roster and forgetting the entire Stallings time and players here. But we have to field a team next year.

-If you believe or if anyone believes Capel can recruit, why on earth would anyone care about Carr or Stewart? Seriously?

-Let's say Pitt lands the following 2 or 3 players within the next few weeks.

Trey Mcgowens- 4 Star Guard
Xavier Johnson- 4 Star Guard
Aundre Hyatt- 4 Star guard / wing

-That's 2 or 3 four stars within a month. A partial rebuild within a month. And open slots galore for 2019 to load up the roster. And there appears we have a good chance to get visits from 2 five star players with Cole Anthony and Precious Achiuwa. We have more legit interest from Top players within a month then the last 5+ years at this program.

-Getting Ethan Morton is big too. The way his recruiting is taking off, Kentucky and Calipari just visiting him, his stock is going up.

-I didnt think we had a legit chance within any good players in 2018. Now we have a potential legit chance with 3 as I know of.
I "think" what you will see is that freshman (outside the one and dones) will struggle with starting in the ACC.

I may be wrong, but that is what I would expect.

I "think" what you will see is that freshman (outside the one and dones) will struggle with starting in the ACC.

I may be wrong, but that is what I would expect.

-I look at our situation like I looked at it with Georgia Tech with Josh Pastner when he lost most of his roster. Tech still won 13 games and 6 Acc games and were competitive with a rebuild. And Tech's recruiting isnt even good. This year, Pitt wasnt even competitive. It was routine 15-20-30+ point blowout beatings put on us. Stallings stinks, but the roster while young was not talented either.

-Just getting talent here will right this ship and be competitive in year 1 and 2. Last year we were not even competitive.

Reactions: HOF Coach
It will be interesting to see where these players end up:

Luther - Arizona
Stewart - ?
Carr - ?
Golden - ?
Kingsby - ?

I think they all would have been helpful.

Starting from scratch again. Still - 4 returning (so far) for next season is better than 2 for last season. Hopefully Capel can pull 2 or 3 rabbits out of the hat. We now have (at least) 5 open scholarships. I would be OK with an 11 man roster and saving 2 for next years recruiting.

Biggest needs are 2 players that can play the point and a physical big. (I am assuming Ellison stays)
Good point...One thing I don't understand is,why would Luther go to Arizona if they have the possibility of ending up in trouble? Seems if you had to leave find a place that didn't have that hanging over their head.Nobody wanted Miller due to the possible baggage.So why go there? If they get slapped he wont see an NCAA tournament there either.

Nope. Would rather sit a year and maybe go to 3 NCAAT's then rebuild for another 2 years and maybe go to the NCAAT as seniors.
Nah that’s not it. He’s afraid of all the reduced playing time minutes he’s going to see because of the stiff competition facing him from the currently invisible new recruits Capel has incoming.

Steel, Pitt will not be competitive next year. That's asking the impossible. You are assuming all the recruiting battles fall Pitts way. It never works out that way.

-Ill wait and see who Capel signs before agreeing about being not competitive.

Good point...One thing I don't understand is,why would Luther go to Arizona if they have the possibility of ending up in trouble? Seems if you had to leave find a place that didn't have that hanging over their head.Nobody wanted Miller due to the possible baggage.So why go there? If they get slapped he wont see an NCAA tournament there either.

Keep in mind the pace the NCAA works. I haven't been keeping up, but they aren't officially under investigation yet are they?

He wants a chance to win? How about play better. Stop turning the ball over and missing open shots over and over again. Play one ounce of defense.

He played well enough to draw interest from programs that have a chance to win. That's what he has chosen to do.

Reactions: gary2
Keep in mind the pace the NCAA works. I haven't been keeping up, but they aren't officially under investigation yet are they?
No,I don't think so.But nobody wanted to touch Miller due to something possibly coming down the line.Still seems like a risk.But who knows...And what I saw of the ariz tournament game this year, they acted like they didn't want to be there.Seemed like a team that knew the gig was up.But that's just me.

Being recruited over, or the potential to be, was likely also in play given Capel's remarks a short while back made about making recruiting guards a priority.

I doubt Capel is surprised by this at all. Wojo has Been talking to Carr for awhile.

As you know, I’m a big Carr fan think he can be a great player as evidenced by the national runner up wanting him.

But I don’t think this is the worst thing ever. You want kids that want to be here, we are trying to build something. You are either all in or not effective.

I have no doubt Capel will recruit talent here.

He'll have to wait a year to do so. If Capel recruits the way he appears to be able to recruit Pitt will be competitive in year 2 when Carr will be able to play again. I guess time will tell whether he made the right decision but its not a slam dunk

I like this. This is funny and true.
And the whiners and cry babies on this board are sad the players from the fabulous Stallings era are leaving.

And there are quite a few of those whiners and crybabies who yearn for the Stallings era to not end and for his players to stick around. Why would they? They would more than likely be on the bench most of the time if Capel does what what appears to be happening with his recruiting.

I like this. This is funny and true.
And the whiners and cry babies on this board are sad the players from the fabulous Stallings era are leaving.
What's your previous handle? Are you embarrassed that you're an adult that gets banned from message boards? You certainly should be.

BTW - what is the difference b/w the Stallings and Capel era if they both go 0-19 in the face of rebuilding? At least Capel had young talent to keep around. I'm a Pitt fan, not a Dixon, Stallings or Capel fan, but the way people are spinning the start to the Capel era is ridiculous. If Stallings had gotten this kind of blind support he'd likely still be here.

What's your previous handle? Are you embarrassed that you're an adult that gets banned from message boards? You certainly should be.
Whats yours ? You act like you are the chosen one and this is your forum and no one else can be on here . You are a Stallings clown and you know nothing.

And there are quite a few of those whiners and crybabies who yearn for the Stallings era to not end and for his players to stick around. Why would they? They would more than likely be on the bench most of the time if Capel does what what appears to be happening with his recruiting.

I am certainly hopeful Capel will be a very good recruiter, but lets not wear him out patting him on the back until he lands some recruits and fills a roster.

Anyone can go see a recruit play. Anyone can make an offer. Unless I missed something, there have been no official visits (or even unofficial visits) and only 1 in home visit (to the RMU transfer). We have been mentioned with players. We have received the usual "great" updates after the contacts. How much more than that has actually happened?

Has Luther ever played in the NCAAT?

Cuz if he hasn’t, I can’t blame him for leaving as next year it is highly unlikely we even make the NIT rn...

BTW - what is the difference b/w the Stallings and Capel era if they both go 0-19 in the face of rebuilding? At least Capel had young talent to keep around. I'm a Pitt fan, not a Dixon, Stallings or Capel fan, but the way people are spinning the start to the Capel era is ridiculous. If Stallings had gotten this kind of blind support he'd likely still be here.

I know what u mean. I’m not happy either that he hasn’t gotten a single recruit yet but he could change that soon and sign 2 or 3 players in 1 week so we’ll see. Time is a ticking tho.

-For one Stallings lost an entire recruiting class, lost top players to transfer, his best recruit decommited and never came, then blew up the entire roster and started completely over. And there are pictures of him sleeping at high school gyms. And he has a record of 4-36 in ACC play in 2 years, the saddest start ever.

-Every single day I do a Capel search he's recruiting. Today, watched another pair of 5 Star guards that are teammates in the 2019 class. He has had contact with what seems like half the entire Top 100 2019 class already. Ill just throw this out there and guarantee Capel recruits better then Dixon and Stallings ever did. He's aggressive, he's loose, and he can talk and people like him. Our basketball program has had contact with at least 4 Top 10 Nationally rated 5 star recruits in the last week. And at least 2 of them are interested. And every Top player in NY and NJ is getting recruited hard.

I know what u mean. I’m not happy either that he hasn’t gotten a single recruit yet but he could change that soon and sign 2 or 3 players in 1 week so we’ll see. Time is a ticking tho.
I did not expect any recruits at this point. I would expect 2 or 3 between now and mid-May and another 1 or 2 after that. Absolutely a good point guard, a backup for that point and a decent physical big PF/C. The other 1 or 2 could be roster filling grad transfers. Maybe someone falls into our lap very late, maybe not.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT