ADVERTISEMENT

Chick Fil-A Drive Thru

Popeyes has the best fried chicken but they need to do a better job running their franchises.
Popeyes closed in Hilton Head. Zillion vacationers, and they can’t make it work?
Zaxby’s killing it across the street.

Bojangles is much superior, in both categories, but especially in the quality of their product.

Their restaurants are always well staffed and clean, too.
I had a Bojangles ham biscuit. The amount of sodium in that thing would kill a horse. One and done there.

Popeyes closed in Hilton Head. Zillion vacationers, and they can’t make it work?
Zaxby’s killing it across the street.
Zaxby's > Raising Canes. Similar chicken but way more sauces. Raising Cane's is too arrogant about only offering one sauce. They think it is so special that no other choices are necessary. They're wrong.

You mentioned Bojangles in another post. Bojangles is good, but not as good as Popeye's.

And speaking of Popeyes, here is one of my favorite viral video's off all time. Hope yinz enjoy it.

Not sure. Coming back to Pgh from HHI before I moved here. Stopped on I26 Orangeburg. Golf trip. Was awful..
My SC son in law loves Bojangles…..
The reason I ask is because that’s what Country Ham is. It’s salt cured. It would taste that way wherever you bought it.

I don’t know if they offer any other ham biscuit, so I’m not sure if it wasn’t country ham.

Because the donuts aren’t very good
True Story. And you are right by the way, they suck. Anyways........I can remember waking up and getting ready for work and having KDKA (Channel 2) on and they are having some news segment on the first Krispy Kreme opening in the area. And it may even been on these forums. I railed against such trivial news being covered like it is important.

About 90 minutes later..................and I am not making this up...................the first plane hit the South Tower in Manhattan.

True Story. And you are right by the way, they suck. Anyways........I can remember waking up and getting ready for work and having KDKA (Channel 2) on and they are having some news segment on the first Krispy Kreme opening in the area. And it may even been on these forums. I railed against such trivial news being covered like it is important.

About 90 minutes later..................and I am not making this up...................the first plane hit the South Tower in Manhattan.

So you are saying that the Krispy Kreme people are terrorists?

Interesting theory. I'm in.

Another W for the 🐐

have to give this franchise credit, they are decades above the competition with customer service.

my kids love it, i dont know, tastes like chicken to me, good but so is any fast food chicken sandwich, good but forgettable. but like i said, they are light years ahead of everyone else when it comes to customer service, efficiency, cleansiness, and overall experience.

I think this whole conversation started by SMF asking about drive thru's a year or two ago and i asked a question. there is a Duncin Donuts on 51, down by baldwin. Older store, crappy building and in the mornings, their drive thru is so backed up that it spills out onto 51, blocking the right lane. so if you arent paying attention in morning rush hour, drinking your coffee, listening to music, whatever, you could easily rear end someone.

obviously it would be your fault but the question remains, at what point do these fast food joints get held accountable for screwing up traffic on the main roads?

Last edited:
have to give this franchise credit, they are decades above the competition with customer service.

my kids love it, i dont know, tastes like chicken to me, good but so is any fast food chicken sandwich, good but forgettable. but like i said, they are light years ahead of everyone else when it comes to customer service, efficiency, cleansiness, and overall experience.

I think this whole conversation started by SMF asking about drive thru's a year or two ago and i asked a question. there is a Duncin Donuts on 51, down by baldwin. Older store, crappy building and in the mornings, their drive thru is so backed up that it spills out onto 51, blocking the right lane. so if you arent paying attention in morning rush hour, drinking your coffee, listening to music, whatever, you could easily rear end someone.

obviously it would be your fault but the question remains, at what point do these fast food joints get held accountable for screwing up traffic on the main roads?
Capitalists don't mind a little body work with their 6 Boston Creme donuts.

Guessing you've never been to an In-N-Out Burger in Cali. I'm going to go out on a limb and suggest their business model is doing just fine.
they actually just started to franchise in the east. i believe the ceo for years if not decades, never wanted to franchise east of Denver, in fear of the product going downhill.

I'll be curious to see if that's the case. no expert but you see some of these chains having very high standards for getting a franchise, your In and out burgers, Chick Fil A's, and they are almost always very successful.

on flip side, you see the standards or qualifications for some of these other chains being lax and well the quality drops dramatically. Look no further than what subway has become from 20 years ago to today. burger kings, even mcdonalds, which was once impossible to fail at, is now just truly bad..

Seeing 4 cars at a Wendy’s or McDonald’s scares me. That could be 20 minutes.
the mcD's around me in the south hills seems pretty good, except the one in bethel park (near south hills village). that could be the worst run mcdonalds in america. check out who owns it and well it makes sense..

no clue what happened to wendys, 2 cars in the drive thru and you might as well go home and forget about it cause you'll be there all day..

Reactions: Dan1911
the mcD's around me in the south hills seems pretty good, except the one in bethel park (near south hills village). that could be the worst run mcdonalds in america. check out who owns it and well it makes sense..

no clue what happened to wendys, 2 cars in the drive thru and you might as well go home and forget about it cause you'll be there all day..
Worst McD's is in Bridgeville or Belle Vernon Take your pick. Filthy. Awful service.

the one in bethel park had a 14 year old girl working with the manager, who was a convicted pedophile, by themselves at night closing up and she got raped.

Recently? What did I tell you about Bethel Park. They need to get rid of that town. Let South Park absorb them and then we can build a highway through it.

Recently? What did I tell you about Bethel Park. They need to get rid of that town. Let South Park absorb them and then we can build a highway through it.
i blame the company (From clairton, nuff said) who franchises this one.

Rice enterprises llc, look up the company and the owner and like i said, it doesnt surprise me that they failed at running a mcd's..

Last edited:
This thread should have ended after the first two posts. That's all that needed to be said.

Is it just me or does Chick Fil A desperately need a new business model? While they have always been popular, they seem to have just exploded in the last few years. They either need to double the number of locations, significantly raise prices, or commit to some type of 3-4 lane drive thru system, which I know will take more land but I'm not sure their current model is sustainable. These locations have teams of traffic directors, people outside taking orders on ipads, runners, etc. Every visit is like queuing to get into an amusement park parking lot

It’s just you.

i blame the company (From clairton, nuff said) who franchises this one.

Rice enterprises llc, look up the company and the owner and like i said, it doesnt surprise me that they failed at running a mcd's..

I didnt know Rice owned CFA's. Didnt he play at Ohio State? Someone told me that.

Basically Country Ham is the greatest Goddamn thing ever created. If you live in Raleigh google Biscuitville Get a country ham Biscuit… Large Iced Tea…
Drive to chapel hill and go to Sunrise Biscuits, instead
Biscuitville is a chain

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT