ADVERTISEMENT

Chick Fil-A Drive Thru

The issue is the lines are too lot for the miniature lots they sit on. So traffic gets back up to the main road at some locations or they block entrances to other businesses. If they insist on not raising prices or building more locations, they have to have someone standing outside telling cars their lot is full, to come back another time.
l-intro-1616440239.jpg

Reactions: PittPharm2002
Yeah, I'm sure a great cataclysm is just waiting for SMF prophecy to come true.

SMFN will be airing Chick Fil A Prophecy End Times pastors in the mornings. For 4 easy payments of $49.99, you can get an SMFN End Times Book and all the money will go to SMF Charities after I take an 80% cut to pay myself as CEO of SMF Charities.

SMFN will be airing Chick Fil A Prophecy End Times pastors in the mornings. For 4 easy payments of $49.99, you can get an SMFN End Times Book and all the money will go to SMF Charities after I take an 80% cut to pay myself as CEO of SMF Charities.

images

That 1st new Taco Bell concept is open in Minnesota. This us exactly what CFA needs to do. BTW, what's going on with the West Mifflin CFA? Looks like its closed for construction. I guessed they listed to me and are putting in multiple drive through lines? Their footprint there is still so small. They should buy Century 3 Mall and put it there.

That 1st new Taco Bell concept is open in Minnesota. This us exactly what CFA needs to do. BTW, what's going on with the West Mifflin CFA? Looks like its closed for construction. I guessed they listed to me and are putting in multiple drive through lines? Their footprint there is still so small. They should buy Century 3 Mall and put it there.

Big diff....Taco Bell sux. I hope they just build a bigger CFA near you. Century 3 Mall ain't worth much. But CFA understands where to set up shop.
Some people prefer Buicks to Bentleys.

So true. There could be 15+ cars in line at CF and it will be faster.
I never do drive thrus unless there are only 1-2 cars ahead. I almost always walk in. It's always 10x faster and you can immediately tell if they screw up the order
Before driving away. It's a golden lesson my dad taught me that I am passing down to my son.

Big diff....Taco Bell sux. I hope they just build a bigger CFA near you. Century 3 Mall ain't worth much. But CFA understands where to set up shop.
Taco Bell seems to be growing. This is a good idea. I dont get CFA's growth model. There's too few of them and they're too small. Not saying they need to be in every town like McDonald's but having only what 7-8 in SW PA? That's just not enough.

• Haha
Reactions: FireballZ
I never do drive thrus unless there are only 1-2 cars ahead. I almost always walk in. It's always 10x faster and you can immediately tell if they screw up the order
Before driving away. It's a golden lesson my dad taught me that I am passing down to my son.

And then you get inside and there are 7 people ahead in the line!

I had Taco Bell for the first time in close to 20 years recently... And it was damn tasty. Not sure what I was eating.. but that horse meat was pretty good.

• Haha
Reactions: HailToPitt725
Taco Bell seems to be growing. This is a good idea. I dont get CFA's growth model. There's too few of them and they're too small. Not saying they need to be in every town like McDonald's but having only what 7-8 in SW PA? That's just not enough.
The Taco Bell in Wexford is deserted. CFA a mile North is always busy. Better food, best system.
Lots of fast food dumps are struggling.......why saturate a market? Much more efficient to have a couple spots than to have twelve that are frequently w/o patrons.

I had Taco Bell for the first time in close to 20 years recently... And it was damn tasty. Not sure what I was eating.. but that horse meat was pretty good.
Horse?? More likely to be a rescue dog.

• Sad
I dont get CFA's growth model. There's too few of them and they're too small. Not saying they need to be in every town like McDonald's but having only what 7-8 in SW PA? That's just not enough.
Says the guy who wants to build a band box stadium in Oakland and tarp the hell out of it to limit supply and increase demand.

Reactions: Joe the Panther Fan
i had a chx sandwich from CFA yesterday. it's ok but man i dont taste the difference at all from one of those better chx sandwiches from mcdonalds.. not the cheap mcchichen but their better ones.

I dont get the hype. I know they dominate in customer service in that industry though.

• Haha
i had a chx sandwich from CFA yesterday. it's ok but man i dont taste the difference at all from one of those better chx sandwiches from mcdonalds.. not the cheap mcchichen but their better ones.

I dont get the hype. I know they dominate in customer service in that industry though.

At McDonald's it's 50/50 as to if you get it fresh and hot. That goes for the fries, too. At CF it's better than 90/10 that it will be fresh and hot. And they are nicer.

No food is actually cooked at Taco Bell -
It’s all pre prepared and simply reheated

It’s fast food
Plain and simply
People are a bunch of weirdos acting like it’s something special
The original chicken sandwich at Burger King is still my favorite

It’s fast food
Plain and simply
I'm sure that police, firemen, veterans, and postal workers get thanked for their service at Chik Fil A. I suppose that's better than Mission BBQ who does the pledge of allegiance every hour

I became aware of CFA pretty early in the game. They opened up a location in the Santa Monica Mall food court when they first expanded in California. This was more than 20 years ago. They did well there because the food court was a popular place among Santa Monica High students and Santa Monica CC students looking for meals, and chicken sandwiches were a new fast food group back then. Being closed on Sundays didn’t really hurt their demographic.

I never particularly liked their food. I’ve never driven to one of their drive thru locations. I occasionally walk to a location in Perimeter Mall when I’m in Atlanta because I have convinced myself that chicken is a healthier fast food sandwich than a burger.

I love Popeyes and I have read two newspaper “fast food chicken sandwich showdowns” which have rated Popeye’s chicken sandwich higher. I wouldn’t know because I never order it. The Popeyes near me let you order white meat or dark meat only meals and since I don’t like dark meat, it was heaven sent. I love Popeyes chicken when I’m in the mood for fried chicken but not in the mood for the Nashville hot chicken sandwiches that are so popular in LA.

Unfortunately, my local Popeyes became a Starbucks 3 years ago and no other location is within 25 miles (maximum delivery distance for most delivery apps) so I only can get it when I travel. Vegas has a store in the Airport (Terminal C, Southwest Airlines). I stop there whenever I travel to Vegas and get some to eat in the hotel. They also let you order only white meat. Then I stop again when I’m leaving and buy more to take back to LA.

I became aware of CFA pretty early in the game. They opened up a location in the Santa Monica Mall food court when they first expanded in California. This was more than 20 years ago. They did well there because the food court was a popular place among Santa Monica High students and Santa Monica CC students looking for meals, and chicken sandwiches were a new fast food group back then. Being closed on Sundays didn’t really hurt their demographic.

I never particularly liked their food. I’ve never driven to one of their drive thru locations. I occasionally walk to a location in Perimeter Mall when I’m in Atlanta because I have convinced myself that chicken is a healthier fast food sandwich than a burger.

I love Popeyes and I have read two newspaper “fast food chicken sandwich showdowns” which have rated Popeye’s chicken sandwich higher. I wouldn’t know because I never order it. The Popeyes near me let you order white meat or dark meat only meals and since I don’t like dark meat, it was heaven sent. I love Popeyes chicken when I’m in the mood for fried chicken but not in the mood for the Nashville hot chicken sandwiches that are so popular in LA.

Unfortunately, my local Popeyes became a Starbucks 3 years ago and no other location is within 25 miles (maximum delivery distance for most delivery apps) so I only can get it when I travel. Vegas has a store in the Airport (Terminal C, Southwest Airlines). I stop there whenever I travel to Vegas and get some to eat in the hotel. They also let you order only white meat. Then I stop again when I’m leaving and buy more to take back to LA.

Spicy white from Popeye's is my go to. The problem with Popeye's is that the quality of each location can vary drastically. The locations near me a mostly poorly run.

The best fast food fried chicken I've had was called "Blue Ribbon" in Vegas. I think that location closed and there is only one left in NYC. They use Matza in the breading. Some people call that style "Yankee" fried chicken and it's damn good.

Says the guy who wants to build a band box stadium in Oakland and tarp the hell out of it to limit supply and increase demand.

I've said this before, but it's funny that he doesn't understand that what he posts in one thread frequently is in exact opposition to what he's posted in other threads.

Reactions: pittdan77
I dont get CFA's growth model. There's too few of them and they're too small.
It's because you don't get anything related to running a successful business. They've tripled their revenue since 2012 and have passed BK, Wendy's, Subway and Taco Bell in sales. Yet, you don't get it.

It’s fast food
Plain and simply
I tend to agree, it's ok. However, all three of my kids and my wife like it. It's pretty rare that all of them agree on any one fast food joint.

CFA is not a franchise. CFA builds and owns the property. They aren't expanding because every single site must meet a high bar for revenues.

Popeyes' biscuits are pretty good.

Reactions: HailtoPitt
CFA is not a franchise. CFA builds and owns the property. They aren't expanding because every single site must meet a high bar for revenues.

A quick way to destroy CFA would be to add a bunch more locations. Not everything needs to expand and grow at some huge rate. It would probably make some people a lot of money quickly, but would hurt the company longterm.

A quick way to destroy CFA would be to add a bunch more locations. Not everything needs to expand and grow at some huge rate. It would probably make some people a lot of money quickly, but would hurt the company longterm.
As they say in show business, "Always leave them wanting more". That's the CFA model.

There is probably some psychological effect, too. When people see a line a CFA all day long, they start to believe they must be missing out on something. They eventually join the line. That happens with fads that eventually fade away. But CFA is so consistent in its product and employee engagement that it avoids the fade effect.

I don’t even like CFA food all that much, but it’s better and much more consistent (very important) than its competitors.

As someone wrote above, other chains have taken up ‘premium’ chicken sandwiches. McDonald’s product isn’t all that bad, in the best situation. But in just the few times we have tried them, one sandwich was good, one was old and dried out, and the other actually was some amalgamation of half totally fried batter and the other half a swollen tumor of gelled up chicken matter nearly impossible to bite through. If it weren’t such a hassle to do we would have returned it.

Whether you love the CFA sandwich or not, the customer can at least be assured the quality will be pretty uniform time and again (and with consistently excellent service on top of that). That’s very important. Knowing the challenge to get good (or even just enough) fast food workers who can execute properly and consistently, even the CFA haters (because of their “hateful politics”, I guess) should be willing to concede that they somehow manage to do it much better than their competitors. Hate them if you must, but try to emulate how they perform!

Reactions: Rupart33
i thought they franchise out but hold a very high standard to be a franchisee (but i could be off on that). Whatever model they do is working quite well so i wouldnt change it..

I read that In and Out burger wont franchise anything east of denver. SOmething about not being close enough to their Distribution HUB and sacrificing quality. Again, maybe just a myth but damned if i wouldnt want them in the east coast..

Reactions: xslfyk4
If i never eat a taco bell again, it will be too soon. And this is from someone that used to love taco bell. i dont know what the heck happened but every dang store went to hell in the last 10-15 years. I literally cant eat there without getting sick. Im talking eating and being on the toilet within 10 minutes later hating life.

ADVERTISEMENT