ADVERTISEMENT

Chick Fil-A Drive Thru

CFA is franchise model. People post flat out lies and it becomes truth, just like our media.

https://www.chick-fil-a.com/franchise

I will say that many are owned by Southern Baptists and typically the teenagers of that church often work there.
yeah, i knew it was. i think they are real picky with who they give it out too. Need like 10+ years of previous franchisee experience and on and on. again, just what i heard.

a poorly run restaurant can really sour the brand name. There is a wendys here in bethel that is absolutely abysmal and it just turned me off to all wendys. I feel like burger king actually has decent food (relatively speaking) but every single one is run poorly that it again, gives the franchise a bad name.

Like everywhere else, there is one across the street from mcdonalds near me and the drive thru line will be wrapped around the parking lot and burger king will be empty and it's not the quality of food with one over the other.

yeah, i knew it was. i think they are real picky with who they give it out too. Need like 10+ years of previous franchisee experience and on and on. again, just what i heard.
A cousin’s kid worked for them in HS and college. When he got out of school he got into management with them. The next thing I knew, he was an “owner / operator” of a restaurant. I have no idea about the specifics, but I do know that he didn’t have the cash needed to buy a franchise.

Last edited:
i thought they franchise out but hold a very high standard to be a franchisee (but i could be off on that). Whatever model they do is working quite well so i wouldnt change it..

I read that In and Out burger wont franchise anything east of denver. SOmething about not being close enough to their Distribution HUB and sacrificing quality. Again, maybe just a myth but damned if i wouldnt want them in the east coast..
The CFA franchise model is unique in the fast food world. Franchisees typically own the business and pay the parent company a franchise for its name and products. CFA doesn't play that way. Here is a description:

Chick-fil-A has a distinct franchise business model. The franchise fee to join Chick-fil-A is a very accessible $10,000. Chick-fil-A corporation will pay for land, construction and equipment for a restaurant, then rent it to the franchisee for 15% of sales plus 50% of pretax profit remaining. Therefore, startup costs are very low, in exchange for higher-than-usual monthly payments.

CFA calls its "franchise" owners "operators and not franchisees.

a poorly run restaurant can really sour the brand name. There is a wendys here in bethel that is absolutely abysmal and it just turned me off to all wendys. I feel like burger king actually has decent food (relatively speaking) but every single one is run poorly that it again, gives the franchise a bad name.

Like everywhere else, there is one across the street from mcdonalds near me and the drive thru line will be wrapped around the parking lot and burger king will be empty and it's not the quality of food with one over the other.
None are great but my experience has been that nobody “tops” McD’s for horrible service. I don’t know why, I presume they aren’t paid less than other fast food purveyors and I can almost get that they’d stink due to that pittance, but then, the other chains seem almost exponentially better than those McD in my area (the Northern burbs of Pgh).

None are great but my experience has been that nobody “tops” McD’s for horrible service. I don’t know why, I presume they aren’t paid less than other fast food purveyors and I can almost get that they’d stink due to that pittance, but then, the other chains seem almost exponentially better than those McD in my area (the Northern burbs of Pgh).
the one by my house is a smooth well oiled running machine. They pump out the food real quick and are always busy. Of course the other one in bethel (By south hills village mall) is awful in every aspect and they even had a very young teenage girl get assaulted by a felon co-worker on site.

was really a disgusting story and why a 14 year old was working late at night with a felon man without anyone else is a real head scratcher..

So i guess it just depends on the specific location.. They all vary i guess.

The CFA franchise model is unique in the fast food world. Franchisees typically own the business and pay the parent company a franchise for its name and products. CFA doesn't play that way. Here is a description:

Chick-fil-A has a distinct franchise business model. The franchise fee to join Chick-fil-A is a very accessible $10,000. Chick-fil-A corporation will pay for land, construction and equipment for a restaurant, then rent it to the franchisee for 15% of sales plus 50% of pretax profit remaining. Therefore, startup costs are very low, in exchange for higher-than-usual monthly payments.

CFA calls its "franchise" owners "operators and not franchisees.
The other thing to add is that I believe an "operator" can only have a maximum of 2 (maybe 3 franchises). They also are required to work IN THE STORE a minimum number of hours each week which is why you see the service that you do, bathrooms are clean, etc. I have yet to be in a CFA where the service wasn't warm and friendly. Their prices aren't cheap either, but I think its an example of people will pay for quality and a good experience.

Reactions: Farnox
The other thing to add is that I believe an "operator" can only have a maximum of 2 (maybe 3 franchises). They also are required to work IN THE STORE a minimum number of hours each week which is why you see the service that you do, bathrooms are clean, etc. I have yet to be in a CFA where the service wasn't warm and friendly. Their prices aren't cheap either, but I think its an example of people will pay for quality and a good experience.
Yep. I think it is a minimum of 40 hrs/week and may be slightly more. The operator here in Hendersonville recently opened his second location in town. He advertised beginning pay of $18 per hour as I recall. I posted it somewhere here before and someone can correct me if my memory failed.

When the franchisor is taking 15% of sales plus 50% of net profits, the franchisee really is an operator and not the owner. But, that doesn’t bother me. They still are giving working class people a chance to become successful business people. I believe Dominos Pizza has a similar plan for employees to become franchise owners, but their franchisees have a much lower success rate.

CFA’s politics are miles from mine, but that doesn’t prevent me from buying their food. I don’t consider their decision not to be open on Sundays to be political, but consistent with a deeply held religious belief. I admire that because they do it knowing it is costing them beaucoup money.

Reactions: Atlanta Panther
When the franchisor is taking 15% of sales plus 50% of net profits, the franchisee really is an operator and not the owner. But, that doesn’t bother me. They still are giving working class people a chance to become successful business people. I believe Dominos Pizza has a similar plan for employees to become franchise owners, but their franchisees have a much lower success rate.

CFA’s politics are miles from mine, but that doesn’t prevent me from buying their food. I don’t consider their decision not to be open on Sundays to be political, but consistent with a deeply held religious belief. I admire that because they do it knowing it is costing them beaucoup money.
closing for sundays is very respectful and has to be appreciative by their employees. Hobby Lobby does it around here, a craft store. How people are offended by this is absurd..

I do question why CFA wont operate sundays and still are in some NFL Stadiums. That doesnt make much sense to me considering 95% of NFL Games are on sunday.

closing for sundays is very respectful and has to be appreciative by their employees. Hobby Lobby does it around here, a craft store. How people are offended by this is absurd..

I do question why CFA wont operate sundays and still are in some NFL Stadiums. That doesnt make much sense to me considering 95% of NFL Games are on Sunday
Hobby Lobby is a seriously religious company. I had no idea until I was in a store last year and they had a huge Mike Lindell (my Pillow guy) display for his book. I thought wow that was odd so I googled it.

How bout CFA having a location inside CNN Center though? I was going to get food there before the Peach Bowl but they were closed. I asked one of the other vendors why and they said all the employees went over to MBS to work the game. So I had to resort to Subway.

They are NOT a franchise by the typical definition as I described above.
Sure they are
There is a great biscuit and donut place called Rise which started in Durham .

they’ve moved into franchising but their entrance criteria is substantial for a new market (plans to open 3 in the near future - $100k liquidity .
The original location was opened by a Duke Fuqua grad who is as a passion project -
But it’s been exploding since

Chick Fil A in Lebo/USC closing for a complete rebuild to handle the traffic. Also, the one in Pleasant Hills is closed, I am guessing for a similar renovation. While this is good news and another problem solved by SMF, I still think these CFA's need to be on very large grocery store-sized lots with 4-8 drive thru lanes like an amusement park.

Chick Fil A in Lebo/USC closing for a complete rebuild to handle the traffic. Also, the one in Pleasant Hills is closed, I am guessing for a similar renovation. While this is good news and another problem solved by SMF, I still think these CFA's need to be on very large grocery store-sized lots with 4-8 drive thru lanes like an amusement park.
The one being built in bridgeville looks like it’s going to be a traffic nightmare.

That area of Pleasant hills is so depressing. I remember the good ol days of Century Ill Mall.

They do a lot with small spaces. Some locations better than others but they certainly don't need 8 drive thru lanes.

The one being built in bridgeville looks like it’s going to be a traffic nightmare
Wait, they're actually building more CFA's like I said? They finally realized they needed more than 1 for the 200K people who live in Lebo, USC, SF PT, CM, CV, KO, Brookline/Beechview. They really do listen to me

Wait, they're actually building more CFA's like I said? They finally realized they needed more than 1 for the 200K people who live in Lebo, USC, SF PT, CM, CV, KO, Brookline/Beechview. They really do listen to me
Popeye’s is requesting your phone #.

You should call In-N-Out Burger. I bet they need your advise too...

A brand new CFA was just built near my house. It has their new layout that works really well. There are 2 drive-through lanes but one is a pre-order through the app lane. The other is order on-site. The preorder lane is enforced so you have to wait and go around if you decide it might be quicker. The layout is such that entry is from a grocery/strip mall side so the street isn't impacted. The lanes run around the perimeter of the lot so in-store customers can park park and walk without crossing drive-through lanes. Genius.

A brand new CFA was just built near my house. It has their new layout that works really well. There are 2 drive-through lanes but one is a pre-order through the app lane. The other is order on-site. The preorder lane is enforced so you have to wait and go around if you decide it might be quicker. The layout is such that entry is from a grocery/strip mall side so the street isn't impacted. The lanes run around the perimeter of the lot so in-store customers can park park and walk without crossing drive-through lanes. Genius.
EXACTLY as SMF designed it!

Bojangles is much superior, in both categories, but especially in the quality of their product.

Their restaurants are always well staffed and clean, too.

It's tough to beat the Popeyes spicy breast/wing meal.

There is a place in NYC called Blue Ribbon fried chicken. They make "Yankee style" fried chicken with matzah. It's the best I have had.

In my day there was a Chick Fil A in student dining. I think it was in the cathedral? You could use dining dollars, lol

My god, I have been to a couple of McDonald's in some areas (inner city) that are just complete and utter shitshows. I mean, ridiculous it was like a bad Coen Brothers movie.

Oh man, I would take Bojangles over Chick Fil A everyday. I miss Bojangles, I think the closest one is in Princeton, WV.
We stopped in a Bojangles in Northern North Carolina on the Sunday after the ACC Championship and there had to be 30 Pitt fans there. Those workers had to be so confused.

Oh man, I would take Bojangles over Chick Fil A everyday. I miss Bojangles, I think the closest one is in Princeton, WV.
We hit up a Bojangles outside of Charlotte and then on the way home in WV after ACC championship game (place was loaded with Pitt fans). I like Bojangles better as well, but the chicken noodle soup at Chick Fila is good. I always get it with my order now.

We hit up a Bojangles outside of Charlotte and then on the way home in WV after ACC championship game (place was loaded with Pitt fans). I like Bojangles better as well, but the chicken noodle soup at Chick Fila is good. I always get it with my order now.
Never had. And I am a huge fan of chicken noodle soup (or pretty much any soup). Soup is truly good food.

My god, I have been to a couple of McDonald's in some areas (inner city) that are just complete and utter shitshows. I mean, ridiculous it was like a bad Coen Brothers movie.
There is no place worse in earth then the McDonald’s downtown by the point.

I’d rather eat out if the breezewood sheets bathroom garbage can then order and eat from that McDonald’s.

Yeah
I almost appreciate the “I don’t give an eff!” Attitude from my local one in east liberty - because it’s authentic while working fast food.
Just book a substantial more time in the drive thru

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT