ADVERTISEMENT

Cin, Hou, UCF, BYU, and WVU

Sean Miller Fan

Lair Hall of Famer
Oct 30, 2001
The 4 new B12 schools went a combined 8-28. 4 of the 8 wins were against each other. WVU went 3-1 vs those schools. Their other 3 wins came vs 2-7 Baylor, 3-6 TCU, and 5-4 Texas Tech. Their 2 OOC wins were vs Duquesne and barely over one of the worst Pitt teams of all time. Maybe the easiest WVU schedule ever. And congratulations to Rodney Gallagher for his 10 reception, 74 yard performance.....on the season.

We debated this a few weeks ago, but those teams do not have P5 rosters yet. They have some P5 players, but they don't have P5 depth. It's the reason I argue against the G5 teams who beat 10 equal or lesser teams and only had to get up for two P5 games all season. Most teams have no problem giving a good effort vs a couple highpoints on their schedule; it's the week to week grind that gets them.

So when UCF goes 13-0 with wins over Maryland and an uninspired Auburn team that didn't want to be in that bowl and then slays 11 bums... no, they're not the national champions.

The 4 new B12 schools went a combined 8-28. 4 of the 8 wins were against each other. WVU went 3-1 vs those schools. Their other 3 wins came vs 2-7 Baylor, 3-6 TCU, and 5-4 Texas Tech. Their 2 OOC wins were vs Duquesne and barely over one of the worst Pitt teams of all time. Maybe the,easiest WVU schedule ever. And congratulations to Rodney Gallagher for his 10 reception, 74 yard performance.....on the season.
Look, we don't like WVU. I get it, but
given where we were pre season, and
how bad they were supposed to be,
they're looking pretty good at this
point. Their coach was on the hot
seat, They were picked at the
bottom of B -12. They finished
8-4. Gallagher who picked WVU
over us saw the field as a true
frosh. BTW, their going to a bowl.

Yet with all this you're dumping on
them. But then again, par for the
course.

How did they compare vs. Big East Teams that went to the ACC. VT. Miami, Louisville, Pitt, Syracuse? although at the time BE was considered P6.

WVU had a good year considering they were predicted to be the worst team in the Big 12 and have their worst team in a long time.
Wvcc didn't have to play Texas, Kansas, Kansas St. Iowa St. Schedule was very conducive for those hicks. SMF just wanted to gloat about them. He's a closet wvcc fan.

Wvcc didn't have to play Texas, Kansas, Kansas St. Iowa St. Schedule was very conducive for those hicks. SMF just wanted to gloat about them. He's a closet wvcc fan.

Talk about a favorable schedule, they went 0-1 vs the TOP SIX teams in the Big 12. Congratulations to them for not absolutely sucking and being able to beat really had teams. But they weren't good. Least talented WVU team I have seen in many years. Luckily for us, it saved Neal Brown.

Reactions: jctrack
No he didnt. For a couple sporadic plays. He sucks. Was beat out by a freshman walk-on.
He's highly recruited, but SMF says "No he didn't,
he sucks." He "didn't" what? Slow day for me
today, thought I'd entertainment myself with
some enlightening discourse with you. LOL

He's highly recruited, but SMF says "No he didn't,
he sucks." He "didn't" what? Slow day for me
today, thought I'd entertainment myself with
some enlightening discourse with you. LOL

He didn't really "play." He was in for sporadic plays throughout the season. Mostly like a jet sweep package to keep the NIL folks happy because he's making $200K. He blows. Couldn't even will LH to wins over Derry, McGuffey, and Southmoreland

The 4 new B12 schools went a combined 8-28. 4 of the 8 wins were against each other. WVU went 3-1 vs those schools. Their other 3 wins came vs 2-7 Baylor, 3-6 TCU, and 5-4 Texas Tech. Their 2 OOC wins were vs Duquesne and barely over one of the worst Pitt teams of all time. Maybe the easiest WVU schedule ever. And congratulations to Rodney Gallagher for his 10 reception, 74 yard performance.....on the season.
This reminds me of something I saw years ago on of all places, the Temple board. Rutgers Al got in a pi$$ing match with some WVU fans. Al taunted the Hoopies that they had only won three games the preceding season, conveniently ignoring that one of those three wins . . . was 80-7.

And Houston fired Holgorsen.

WVU had a young team that got better as the year progressed. 39 of their top 44 players return next year and NOT ONE of those 39 in the two-deep has hit the portal as of today. Mark it down, WVU will be in some pre-season Top 25's next season. Neal Brown publicly stated just yesterday that WVU now has enough resources (NIL $$) to hold on to our roster for next year.

So, how are things working out for Pitt? Or did SMF already hit the portal too?

Reactions: LSWHIP23
WVU had a young team that got better as the year progressed. 39 of their top 44 players return next year and NOT ONE of those 39 in the two-deep has hit the portal as of today. Mark it down, WVU will be in some pre-season Top 25's next season. Neal Brown publicly stated just yesterday that WVU now has enough resources (NIL $$) to hold on to our roster for next year.

OK whatever now leave. Best team u beat had 5 wins. Smh 😂

Reactions: bschulter
OK whatever now leave. Best team u beat had 5 wins. Smh 😂
The only need to use the 😂 emoji is when thinking back to reading this board prior to the season getting underway and seeing some of you knuckleheads predicting a 10+ win season for Pitt. Now THAT is worthy of a 😂

Your team was terrible. You beat Duquesne and a bunch of bad Big East teams (Pitt included)

Reactions: pierre93
The only need to use the 😂 emoji is when thinking back to reading this board prior to the season getting underway and seeing some of you knuckleheads predicting a 10+ win season for Pitt. Now THAT is worthy of a 😂
Same thing your doing now before your season???? Now go urinate or vomit on people u Neanderthal

I haven’t heard anyone in WV bragging about an 8-4 season and yes this years schedule was very favorable. My apologies to the OP and Pierre, I didn’t know I was supposed to be upset with the way our season turned out.

He didn't really "play." He was in for sporadic plays throughout the season. Mostly like a jet sweep package to keep the NIL folks happy because he's making $200K. He blows. Couldn't even will LH to wins over Derry, McGuffey, and Southmoreland
Again, LH doesn’t play those schools, no matter how many times you repeat it.

Funny thing is the kid from York high wasn't good enough for Powell but put up comic book numbers for them as a true freshman.

I haven’t heard anyone in WV bragging about an 8-4 season and yes this years schedule was very favorable. My apologies to the OP and Pierre, I didn’t know I was supposed to be upset with the way our season turned out.
Well isn't it the anonymous little weasel. You wouldn't dare tell us your real addy because your such a wimpshit. Run along little boy and I'm sure you'll be banned and make another fake addy. Your a nobody!!!!! Zero!!!!

Your team was terrible. You beat Duquesne and a bunch of bad Big East teams (Pitt included)
Right. 8-4 is terrible and Gallagher sucks. A true freshman who was hurt for a few games but played in nearly every game. A true freshman. Do you have the same expectations for yourself? I didn't think so.

WVU beat who they beat. You could argue that their wretched win over an even more wretched Pitt turned around their season. Credit to the Hoopies. We have ZERO room to criticize them this year. They overachieved. Pitt underachievedTM, as usual.

Reactions: LSWHIP23 and Pitt79
Right. 8-4 is terrible and Gallagher sucks. A true freshman who was hurt for a few games but played in nearly every game. A true freshman. Do you have the same expectations for yourself? I didn't think so.
Weren't u hicks in the same situation last year? Wanted ole Brownie gone and players transferring out??? Keep rambling and also to our luke warm bleeding heart Pitt fans to the wvcc faithful. Smh H2P!!!

A guy making 200K/year on the least talented team in decades. And yes, 8-4 is terrible considering you played a mid-major schedule.

Weren't u hicks in the same situation last year? Wanted ole Brownie gone and players transferring out??? Keep rambling and also to our luke warm bleeding heart Pitt fans to the wvcc faithful. Smh H2P!!!

Actually, WVU was in the exact same situation. No bowl season. 20+ transfers. Brought in some average portal dudes and proceeded to beat some really terrible teams. We can do the same thing.

He's a true freshman for crying out loud. If anything, he's being a bit under used.

Plenty of true freshmen play, especially on teams with very little talent like WVU. He was beat out by a freshman walk-on from Martinsburg, WV. Its entirely possible that Gallagher sucks.

And yes, 8-4 is terrible considering you played a mid-major schedule.
They had way more fun than we did. I'd rather trade schedules with them or have an even weaker schedule and be 8-4, than play a tough schedule, see marquee teams and go 3-9.

They had way more fun than we did. I'd rather trade schedules with them or have an even weaker schedule and be 8-4, than play a tough schedule, see marquee teams and go 3-9.

Yea, 8-4 is better than 3-9 but they had a really bad team. Unbelievable great schedule though. 6 wins over teams with losing records. 2 wins over teams with 6-6 records. Only played 1 game vs Big 12 top 6 and lost

When the ACC implodes, hope there is another alternative for Pitt. Basically anything else.

Yea, 8-4 is better than 3-9 but they had a really bad team. Unbelievable great schedule though. 6 wins over teams with losing records. 2 wins over teams with 6-6 records. Only played 1 game vs Big 12 top 6 and lost
That's fine, I'd take that over 3-9. 99% of people just see 8-4 and don't care to dig any deeper.

Absolutely cannot lose to them another year…. Have to win the next 2 games.

Narduzzi is 1-3 vs Penn St
0-4 vs ND
1-1 vs WV.

2-8 vs your biggest rivals is unacceptable

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT