ADVERTISEMENT

Coach Duzz meeting w/AD Lyke

If Lyke has any managerial skill she will review his year with PN and give him a Below Expectations rating. We all know what that means, well most of us on the site do, some probably don't.

That means you're on the clock, and you have one more year to show significant improvement or you are out the door.

So she'll ask Narduzzi to submit his narrative of expectations for next year and two years out and after she reads that she'll provide him with her and PITT's expectations for next year and two years out.

If they don't match up trouble in River City for PN.

If I was Lyke he gets next year to have a 8 min - 9 or 10 win season and a ACC Coastal Div championship or he will be out.
Good aggressive goal for PN. If he gets close she can always back off on the ACC Coastal Div Champion but its a weak division and an attainable goal for the PITT hc.

PN needs some official motivation, he's way to comfortable and flip.

Oh yea I'd also tell him to "shut up and coach" until you reach greater heights in college football.
People hate to listen to others in the basement complaining about things.

I am with you entirely on the spirit of your post except for on the finite expectations front. I just don’t think that’s the proper way to look at it.

You have to ask if the program getting better or is it stagnating or even declining? If it is getting better but just not at the pace you would like to see, you can’t fire the guy. We have to have learned something from the Wannstedt debacle.

Wins and losses are one metric but it’s also easily defined by a number of other areas. Also, you have no idea what the injury situation is going to be in Pittsburgh or anywhere else. You also don’t know what the development situation is going to be for other teams

That is also why conditioning a Coastal division championship on it doesn’t make any real sense. We can’t control what happens in Miami, Blacksburg, Charlottesville, Chapel Hill, etc.

It is just never a good idea to fire your coach because another school has a special season.

I trust Heather to make a sound decision based on next year's performance. What I do hope she considers is what the 2021 recruiting class looks like at that time. I think Narduzzi has been FAR from great during his time here, so I don't mean to sound like I'm reaching for reasons to keep him. But it kind of sucks saying "well, we have these holes, because we basically have zero contributors remaining from this recruiting class four years ago" every season.

I'll probably feel differently if we have another 6-6 or 7-5 season, but we're off to a pretty good start for 2021. If we can add Donald and a few other notable pieces, I would hate to risk losing them.

If Lyke has any managerial skill she will review his year with PN and give him a Below Expectations rating. We all know what that means, well most of us on the site do, some probably don't.

That means you're on the clock, and you have one more year to show significant improvement or you are out the door.

So she'll ask Narduzzi to submit his narrative of expectations for next year and two years out and after she reads that she'll provide him with her and PITT's expectations for next year and two years out.

If they don't match up trouble in River City for PN.

If I was Lyke he gets next year to have a 8 min - 9 or 10 win season and a ACC Coastal Div championship or he will be out.
Good aggressive goal for PN. If he gets close she can always back off on the ACC Coastal Div Champion but its a weak division and an attainable goal for the PITT hc.

PN needs some official motivation, he's way to comfortable and flip.

Oh yea I'd also tell him to "shut up and coach" until you reach greater heights in college football.
People hate to listen to others in the basement complaining about things.
Would it be a minimum 8, 9 or 10 win season?

PN reports to Lyke.
Heather likes to emphasize that reporting relationship.
Btw - That's her Easton Enforcer her favorite softball bat.
Great for straightening out Foul Balls.
stock-photo-stunning-young-blonde-female-softball-player-standing-with-an-orange-baseball-bat-over-her-112270490.jpg

Here’s the problem. If you want to truly play big time football, the AD needs to report to the head coach.

Reactions: Dr. von Yinzer
On the post game show on the way home after the BC game either Billy or Pat (I'm pretty sure it was Pat) said that according to the ACC Network heading into the games this weekend Pitt was leading the FBS in dropped passes.
That's bad.
But its a start we're leading in something.

Coach will bring his goals to this meeting for the off season as well as next season. I would think that 9 wins next year is the minimal number of wins to stay in his position for next year! I also say he achieves this

I am with you entirely on the spirit of your post except for on the finite expectations front. I just don’t think that’s the proper way to look at it.

You have to ask if the program getting better or is it stagnating or even declining? If it is getting better but just not at the pace you would like to see, you can’t fire the guy. We have to have learned something from the Wannstedt debacle.

Wins and losses are one metric but it’s also easily defined by a number of other areas. Also, you have no idea what the injury situation is going to be in Pittsburgh or anywhere else. You also don’t know what the development situation is going to be for other teams

That is also why conditioning a Coastal division championship on it doesn’t make any real sense. We can’t control what happens in Miami, Blacksburg, Charlottesville, Chapel Hill, etc.

It is just never a good idea to fire your coach because another school has a special season.

Good Points.

When you have good long term Coaches who wants to be at Pitt (Dave Wannstedt and Jamie Dixon) and want to let them go (some delusional fans and AD) disaster strikes.

Narduzzi is a good coach who gets Pitt to a Bowl game most years and is on the verge of bringing Pitt to winning 8-9 games a year.

Wondering how many years it will take for Pitt Basketball to again make the NCAA Tourney. Jamie was allowed to go by an AD who then left Pitt and some on the Board applauded that move (So much damage in so short a time!!!!!). Some of those fans are the same ones who now want Narduzzi replaced.

HAIL TO PITT!!!!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT