ADVERTISEMENT

Coaching Hot Seat

Thought this would be interesting to share since there are some names on here that have/have had some relevance to Pitt over the years. And also because it's not about tarps.

http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/08/17/cft-2017-preseason-previews-coaching-hot-seat/
Great link. Thanks for posting.

I went to grad school at Tulsa, where Todd Graham is still highly thought of, but lost a lot of respect for him after how he treated you guys. Jump ship once (Rice) for a better job? OK, it's good to be ambitious. Twice (Pitt)? Your ambition is looking more like a lack of character.

Guess his chickens are coming home to roost at ASU.

Todd Graham probably should be out of a job at the end of this season. Brian Kelly though? He's only on the hot seat because some Irish boosters still think it's 1966.

Reactions: caleco's
Todd Graham probably should be out of a job at the end of this season. Brian Kelly though? He's only on the hot seat because some Irish boosters still think it's 1966.

Plus he is an embarrassing ass and he managed to win only four games with a team of 4/5 star recruits deep into his tenure. His BS was tolerable for them when they were doing solid. Now the negatives are outweighing the positives and they suck with what was supposedly elite talent and one of the most expensive coaching staffs in the country.

Maybe he can go humiliate one of his players for making him look stupid in advance. He'd be on the hot seat anywhere.

Plus he is an embarrassing ass and he managed to win only four games with a team of 4/5 star recruits deep into his tenure. His BS was tolerable for them when they were doing solid. Now the negatives are outweighing the positives and they suck with what was supposedly elite talent and one of the most expensive coaching staffs in the country.

Maybe he can go humiliate one of his players for making him look stupid in advance. He'd be on the hot seat anywhere.

Looks like your coach isn't on any hot seat. He got paid and negotiated a favorable buyout.

Reactions: PSUriseANDfire
Looks like your coach isn't on any hot seat. He got paid and negotiated a favorable buyout.

Yep, it's nice to get that out of the way. He had all of the leverage. He also is getting all of the facility upgrades that he wanted also.

Malzahn would be who's seat I think is the maybe the hottest. They are probably going to be good again this year though now that they have a good QB.

Yep, it's nice to get that out of the way. He had all of the leverage. He also is getting all of the facility upgrades that he wanted also.

Malzahn would be who's seat I think is the maybe the hottest. They are probably going to be good again this year though now that they have a good QB.
I think Kelly by far is the hottest. The only thing that kept him there after last season was the stupid extension he was given in January 2016. He is thoroughly disliked by almost all the alumni at this point and that's a LOT of $$ speaking.

Mike Gundy hurt Graham a bit back in February. Left Graham with some egg on his face. Josh Henson, who was the Missouri OC under Gary Pinkel was out of a job in 2016, so since he was a former Cowboy lineman, Gundy gave him a job as an offensive analyst.

In January, Graham hired Henson to be his OL coach and run game coordinator. He lasted less than a month, before Gundy offered him our OL coach position.

Henson took a pay cut to come home to Stillwater.

"Josh Henson is leaving Arizona State’s football staff after less than a month to become Oklahoma State offensive line coach.

Henson was hired Jan. 17 at ASU as offensive line coach/run game coordinator. Instead, he is returning to his alma mater, where he was offensive analyst last year and tight ends coach/recruiting coordinator from 2001-04. Henson played at Oklahoma State from 1994-97 and was a graduate assistant in 1999."

Word was, Graham was pretty PO'd.

Reactions: WiseAndGlorious

I don't like the guy at all either. So yeah I can kind of get on board with what you're saying about all his B.S. But he certainly would not be on the hot seat anywhere. I don't even know if you could say the negatives outweigh the positives. In his third year they went undefeated and went to the title game. Just two seasons ago they lost 2 games by a combined 4 points and were a last second FG away from the playoffs. That is a massive overreaction to say he hasn't produced after one bad season, he's been more successful than any other recent ND coach.

On the other hand though, like you said embarrassing players, if they would've fired him for that this offseason it would've been justifiable. But even with last year's disastrous season that is insane to say he hasn't been successful at Notre Dame.

how can we forget that Kelly killed a kid???? far worse than him banging his sippy cup at players on the sidelines

Reactions: pitt-girl
I remember a couple years ago when some people on here were pushing Doc Holliday for the Pitt job.

I remember a couple years ago when some people on here were pushing Doc Holliday for the Pitt job.

Doc had one down season , what he has done at Marshall is a miracle. You don't know what you are talking about. He has a horrible relationship with the governor, who has lots of pull in the state. Stick to blowing smoke up our avg assssss

Reactions: HailToPitt725
Doc had one down season , what he has done at Marshall is a miracle. You don't know what you are talking about. He has a horrible relationship with the governor, who has lots of pull in the state. Stick to blowing smoke up our avg assssss
Bob Pruett had a far better record. He was 94-23. Put the clown shoes away.

A miracle? Let's not go overboard. He's in an awful conference. They lost 4 of their better programs in 2013.

And they haven't really been any good for 4 out of his 7 seasons

I think Kelly by far is the hottest. The only thing that kept him there after last season was the stupid extension he was given in January 2016. He is thoroughly disliked by almost all the alumni at this point and that's a LOT of $$ speaking.

Yeah, it is not just the fact that Kelly hasn't been that successful on the field lately. Add that to the fact he is the most contemptible, obnoxious, asshole as head coach in college football and those two do not add up to a long tenure.

Reactions: HailToPitt725
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT