ADVERTISEMENT

Danny Hurley

columbus mike

Freshman
Dec 6, 2002
Nobody hates the yappy rat hurley brothers more than i do. Wonder what kind of chance we had with Danny who has Uconn winning titles & perennial top 10, while Pitt get one tourney appearance with Capel.

Nobody hates the yappy rat hurley brothers more than i do. Wonder what kind of chance we had with Danny who has Uconn winning titles & perennial top 10, while Pitt get one tourney appearance with Capel.

Probably needed to pay around $5 million at the time.

Reactions: jctrack
Pitt went with the "regular" package instead of "premium", but is getting the "value pack" results....

If he wanted the Pitt job it was his !

While Pitt had a great run in BB UConn’s was better .

Think he wastes a second of his time thinking , boy I wonder what I could’ve done at Pitt !

If Pitt and its BIG BOOSTERS really want to win national championships you can buy them now . I don’t see that happening in BB and Fb . Now woman’s volleyball look out !

I think sometimes is mere mortals don’t understand that the more money you make the more free you may be to take a job you prefer.

For instance if someone is making 75k and they get job offers for 125 or 150 probably more likely to go for the 150.

But if it’s a contract for 4 mil or 5 mil per year for 5-6 years I could easily accept the lower amount for a job I think I’d like more. Don’t get me wrong - that’s still leaving huge money on the table and certainly some will also go for every penny. In this circumstance I wouldn’t.

Also bigger chance of success at UConn so long term may end up being better anyway.

He was never serious about us. If anything, he used our offer to get a better offer from UConn.

Reactions: USAF Phantom
I think sometimes is mere mortals don’t understand that the more money you make the more free you may be to take a job you prefer.

For instance if someone is making 75k and they get job offers for 125 or 150 probably more likely to go for the 150.

But if it’s a contract for 4 mil or 5 mil per year for 5-6 years I could easily accept the lower amount for a job I think I’d like more. Don’t get me wrong - that’s still leaving huge money on the table and certainly some will also go for every penny. In this circumstance I wouldn’t.

Also bigger chance of success at UConn so long term may end up being better anyway.
I’ve personally turned down job offers for more money in my career for jobs I felt I was a better fit for .

And I sure make a lot less than multiple millions per year

I’ve personally turned down job offers for more money in my career for jobs I felt I was a better fit for .

And I sure make a lot less than multiple millions per year
Don’t doubt it at all. I’ve been in a role for a LONG time because it suits my lifestyle and a personal situation. And even if the personal situation didn’t exist I’m not sure it would change anything. Schedule, workload, free time mean more at this point to me and have for a long time. It would probably take more money than what’s realistic for me to make a move.

I make enough to do what I enjoy and put away for the future. Haven’t even looked around internally for quite a while.

But in typical SMF fashion he thinks everyone views the world the way he does.

Don’t doubt it at all. I’ve been in a role for a LONG time because it suits my lifestyle and a personal situation. And even if the personal situation didn’t exist I’m not sure it would change anything. Schedule, workload, free time mean more at this point to me and have for a long time. It would probably take more money than what’s realistic for me to make a move.

I make enough to do what I enjoy and put away for the future. Haven’t even looked around internally for quite a while.

But in typical SMF fashion he thinks everyone views the world the way he does.
Well - he’s so unemployable , he likely would jump at any offer

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT