ADVERTISEMENT

The ACC problem

I like a lot of teams. Kentucky, UVA, Pitt, Alabama, Florida. Those are probably my favorites in order. I actually like every program. I don't necessarily ride or die with any of them.

That's really weird. How could you have an emotional interest in 5 different teams? You're really getting upset if Florida drops one to Ole Miss?

That's really weird. How could you have an emotional interest in 5 different teams? You're really getting upset if Florida drops one to Ole Miss?

It's just a game and I enjoy watching it. I wouldn't say I have much of a emotional interest or investment in any of them.

Several of my friends are coaches and I had a cousin that played AAU,, HS ball & got to know a few players through them as they were growing up. This is back when I lived in Alcoa, TN. I still have a lot of ties to that area, and just rented out a house there back in December. (Took a few trips to see Bama & Florida play back in the day).

FWIW, A current UVA player grew up there and played with for 2 years & they have a kid that is a senior this year signed to go to PSU.

It's just a game and I enjoy watching it. I wouldn't say I have much of a emotional interest or investment in any of them.

Several of my friends are coaches and I had a cousin that played AAU,, HS ball & got to know a few players through them as they were growing up. This is back when I lived in Alcoa, TN. I still have a lot of ties to that area, and just rented out a house there back in December. (Took a few trips to see Bama & Florida play back in the day).

FWIW, A current UVA player grew up there and played with for 2 years & they have a kid that is a senior this year signed to go to PSU.
Great news, join the Blue & White board. Why true Pitt fans on this board argue with you is mind blowing to me. Especially when you just admitted your knowledge set is limited to “Several of my friends are coaches and I had a cousin that played AAU.” Are you fxxxing kidding me, get lost and have a conversation with your cousin...
Please guys, put this guy on ignore, he doesn’t even know the game and is just busting your chops

Reactions: TheSpecialSauce
Great news, join the Blue & White board. Why true Pitt fans on this board argue with you is mind blowing to me. Especially when you just admitted your knowledge set is limited to “Several of my friends are coaches and I had a cousin that played AAU.” Are you fxxxing kidding me, get lost and have a conversation with your cousin...
Please guys, put this guy on ignore, he doesn’t even know the game and is just busting your chops
I’ve had him on ignore for weeks. Couldn’t stand it anymore. I have probably 3 people on ignore and he’s one.

Reactions: pierre93

I like Pitt.

Does that make me somehow obligated to think this team was good or deserved a NCAA bid?

I like Pitt.

Does that make me somehow obligated to think this team was good or deserved a NCAA bid?

Over Virginia? Yes. There was no comparison in their game for game resumes. If you line up each game Pitt played against each game Virginia played and feel that UVa was more deserving, then you are obligated to think Pitt was more deserving.

Reactions: TheSpecialSauce
Over Virginia? Yes. There was no comparison in their game for game resumes. If you line up each game Pitt played against each game Virginia played and feel that UVa was more deserving, then you are obligated to think Pitt was more deserving.

No, you aren't. It's totally subjective & everyone knew the committee's slant on OOC scheduling. They didn't pull that criteria out of their ass at the beginning of March.

It's weird that you seem to be hung up over Virginia. Both were bubble teams with mediocre rosters that had very little chance of doing anything in the tournament. You can literally combine Pitt & Virginia's roster and there isn't a single quality big to be found.

I have never put anyone on ignore, but if you are getting this message, I am now gonna give it a try with that guy...6082, thanks
Same here, first ever ignore. I for some reason actually thought he was a fan. I think that's why he's the first. Other fans and alumni can be infuriating. But at least we have a common shared interest and love. But I didn't realize he was Virginia fan just pretending to be a fan and trolling despite his best efforts to gaslight us otherwise. At least with almost all others troll you know they are a troll fairly quickly. This somehow is worse.

No, you aren't. It's totally subjective & everyone knew the committee's slant on OOC scheduling. They didn't pull that criteria out of their ass at the beginning of March.

It's weird that you seem to be hung up over Virginia. Both were bubble teams with mediocre rosters that had very little chance of doing anything in the tournament. You can literally combine Pitt & Virginia's roster and there isn't a single quality big to be found.

And if you compare JUST Pitt and UVa, considering the teams played remarkably similar overall schedules (Pitt SOS 79, UVa SOS 80) you would have to be an utter moron to think UVa's game by game resume was better. The only way to argue UVa over Pitt is this:

"We were too lazy to understand that the teams played the same overall schedule and look at it game for game"

That's it. And that's what you did because you keep citing that their 11 game non-con SOS was better than ours but fail to understand that our 22 game ACC SOS was better than theirs.

Its just lazy. They saw UVa's non-con SOS and were literally too stupid and lazy to realize that was utterly meaning less when comparing Pitt and UVa because Pitt's ACC SOS was so much more difficult and the 2 teams overall schedules were very similar since they played many of the same teams......and um, Pitt beat UVa at UVa.

But, we get it. The committee are complete idiots. Its a 5 day job for them where they look at the team sheets while ESPN is on in the background lobbying for Pitt to get left out.

And if you compare JUST Pitt and UVa, considering the teams played remarkably similar overall schedules (Pitt SOS 79, UVa SOS 80) you would have to be an utter moron to think UVa's game by game resume was better. The only way to argue UVa over Pitt is this:

"We were too lazy to understand that the teams played the same overall schedule and look at it game for game"

That's it. And that's what you did because you keep citing that their 11 game non-con SOS was better than ours but fail to understand that our 22 game ACC SOS was better than theirs.

Its just lazy. They saw UVa's non-con SOS and were literally too stupid and lazy to realize that was utterly meaning less when comparing Pitt and UVa because Pitt's ACC SOS was so much more difficult and the 2 teams overall schedules were very similar since they played many of the same teams......and um, Pitt beat UVa at UVa.

But, we get it. The committee are complete idiots. Its a 5 day job for them where they look at the team sheets while ESPN is on in the background lobbying for Pitt to get left out.

Both teams are mediocre and not worthy of discussion in a tournament to determine a champion.

Both teams are mediocre and not worthy of discussion in a tournament to determine a champion.

And yet Pitt has 2 wins over a team who is 2 wins away from winning the championship.

And its never been about just winning a championship. The tournament is an accomplishment whether its for 1 game, 2 games, or 6. Making it an playing in it is a reward.

And yet Pitt has 2 wins over a team who is 2 wins away from winning the championship.

And its never been about just winning a championship. The tournament is an accomplishment whether its for 1 game, 2 games, or 6. Making it an playing in it is a reward.

Maybe. I guess it depends on the program as to whether just making the tournament is an accomplishment or not.

So now you are the dictator of what people have to believe. so does that mean you have moved on from your hatreds of women in authority and women athletes to being the god of people beliefs? wow. You need a long long long rest.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT