ADVERTISEMENT

Decided not post last night

I don't understand your point- I think we all realize last night's game doesn't totally define the quality of the team. People are rightly angsty because the team was almost guaranteed a tourney bid with a win last night, and now that is not true.

I don't understand your point- I think we all realize last night's game doesn't totally define the quality of the team. People are rightly angsty because the team was almost guaranteed a tourney bid with a win last night, and now that is not true.

Yeah, I've seen a few people post about overreactions...

But I haven't really seen any overreactions.

Reactions: FreeportPanther
We have a good team; last night they were completely unprepared for even a bottom feeder ACC team. We have Saturday to prepare for, lets go Pitt!

Even if Pitt misses the Tourney this has been a terrific year, given that they were picked to finish 14th and have sucked the last 6 or 7 years.

Yeah, I've seen a few people post about overreactions...

But I haven't really seen any overreactions.
That’s a good point. I think pitt fans handled a terrible loss pretty well actually. People are understandably frustrated but I haven’t seen any fire capel posts!

Can’t choke games in a P6 league away vs bottom of the conference teams like VT & ND

No matter their talent level, ND only had 2 wins until last night

Reactions: PittPoker
We have a good team; last night they were completely unprepared for even a bottom feeder ACC team. We have Saturday to prepare for, lets go Pitt!

What does preparation have to do with missing free throws or shooting poorly from the 3? I’ll give you preparation might have contributed to our defense. Look, if you played any sports, you know that some times you don’t play well.

I was never a great athlete but I loved sports and played as much as possible. I used to play racquetball a lot and was fair at it. One day I played my boss during a company outing. He was a pretty good athlete but not near as good at racquetball as me. Somehow, he beat me by a mile. I couldn’t make a shot. I don’t know why but know if i played him 10 times, I’d win 8. He killed me. It wasn’t preparation, it wasn’t effort, it wasn’t luck.

Another time, I took my kid and a few of his friends to the Pittsburgh Y to exercise. When we were done, we went up to play some basketball. While there, I made about 6 3 point shots and a half point shot in a row. That’s better than I could typically do on layups.

Sometimes, you are on, sometimes you aren’t. It isn’t effort, preparation, luck but something, it happens. I’m not neglecting the importance of skill, effort and preparation. But random chance plays some role in winning and loosing.

Let’s hope they are on against Miami.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT