ADVERTISEMENT

Did Miles Sanders play college football?

Sean Miller Fan

Lair Hall of Famer
Oct 30, 2001
He signed up to warm the bench for a couple years instead of playing football since they had Barkley. I guess in the end it worked out since he didnt risk an injury by actually playing.

He signed up to warm the bench for a couple years instead of playing football since they had Barkley. I guess in the end it worked out since he didnt risk an injury by actually playing.
Pretty sure he played a year after Saquan left.

He was backup and then started his junior year with over 1200 yards. Then went to the NFL. Not bad.

Hus judgement on going to a cult university, another story.

Another Pittsburgh kid who snubbed Pitt for Penn State. I ran into his mom in a restaurant during his recruiting process, i had Pitt gear on, she made it clear to me that her son wasn't coming to Pitt. I didn't know the lady from a can of paint and thought, how rude-main reason why i was rooting for the Chiefs in the super bowl.

Lot of unnecessary salt in this thread.

Sanders ran for 1,649 yards, scored 12 touchdowns and averaged 6 yards per carry in college. He sat behind Barkley for two years and then started every game as a junior before going to the draft.

He ran for a career high 1,269 yards and 11 touchdowns this season.

Who knows why he had a limited role in the Super Bowl or where he will head next, but there is no disputing that he's an effective NFL running back.

Who knows why he had a limited role in the Super Bowl
I do. He is the 2nd best RB on his own team. By the looks of about the # 3- #4 RB in that game. Sorta like dear ole Alma mater claiming to be a great program that regularly is 3rd in their own conference.

Sanders ran for 1,649 yards, scored 12 touchdowns and averaged 6 yards per carry in college.

Ok, my bad, I must have missed his 3 month college career. I think I was cleaning my garage. Hope it was worth holding Barkley's jock strap on the sidelines for 2 years. I love guys who aren't competitive and are content warming benches.

• Haha
Reactions: Fk_Pitt
Another Pittsburgh kid who snubbed Pitt for Penn State. I ran into his mom in a restaurant during his recruiting process, i had Pitt gear on, she made it clear to me that her son wasn't coming to Pitt. I didn't know the lady from a can of paint and thought, how rude-main reason why i was rooting for the Chiefs in the super bowl.
That's because not only was she banging Terry Smith's brother (smart move Terry), but they gave her a sweet Caddy.

He's not playing tonight that's for sure
Tell me about it. I took him in a WPIAL player bet that would have paid me 4k on a $10 bet if he, Sky Moore and the backup TE from KC (Watson) would have scored a TD. But I knew that one wasn’t happening. What’s funny is Watson had more yards receiving than Sanders had rushing.

But on my big parlay, I hit on everything …except all I needed was 25 yards rushing from him and he failed to do that. He stood between me and 5K.

Apparently 25 total yards rushing was too much to ask of him.

Last edited:
Ok, my bad, I must have missed his 3 month college career. I think I was cleaning my garage. Hope it was worth holding Barkley's jock strap on the sidelines for 2 years. I love guys who aren't competitive and are content warming benches.
To be honest I think he will be just fine. Yeah he didn’t do much in college, but he did get to the NFL. And now that his NFL career looks to be on the downswing, he is going to have to turn to that massive jock sniffing alumni base sooner than later to help him with his life’s work. He will be fine if his head is on straight.

Reactions: JohnnyGossamer
Tell me about it. I took him in a WPIAL player bet that would have paid me 4k on a $10 bet if he, Sky Moore and the backup TE from KC (Watson) would have scored a TD. But I knew that one wasn’t happening. What’s funny is Watson had more yards receiving than Sanders had rushing.
I think both Watson and Moore had the talent to play at Pitt. But to the point of this thread related to Sanders, they probably would have been in back-up roles at Pitt for large portions of their careers (or assigned different positions), instead of getting to be major stars on their teams starting their freshman years at WMU and Penn.

Reactions: Fk_Pitt
And hey how good did Avonte Maddux look chasing after Sky Moore on his touch down
Back to the point of this thread of playing versus being on the bench, if someone is a true competitor, they'd rather be in the game and play -- and risking getting beat and even getting beat -- than not playing.

Aren’t you the guy that said Barkley and AJ Dillon were dumb for playing for free and suggesting they sit out as juniors to train for the combine?

Sanders skipped the pounding for two years, balled out and got drafted without the extra mileage. What’s the difference?

Reactions: 4382 and cbpitt2
Sanders sat for two years and started one year and then skipped his senior year and was taken in the second round and I'm guessing has made 5 to 6 million dollars. We all know running backs want to avoid the beating. Sounds like a pretty good decision on his part

Sanders sat for two years and started one year and then skipped his senior year and was taken in the second round and I'm guessing has made 5 to 6 million dollars. We all know running backs want to avoid the beating. Sounds like a pretty good decision on his part
And hey how good did Avonte Maddux look chasing after Sky Moore on his touch down
i’M a pITt FaN

Posts like these are why I love this board.
That tidbit came from someone in the Pitt program, so it is legit.

Wise use of resources on PSU's part...and why Mama Sanders "shut it down" after Vuk blabbed publicly that Sanders and Khaleke Hudson were at Pitt for a private MMA fight watch, so that he could get clicks.

I do. He is the 2nd best RB on his own team. By the looks of about the # 3- #4 RB in that game. Sorta like dear ole Alma mater claiming to be a great program that regularly is 3rd in their own conference.
Maybe third best after Gainwell (what a name for a running back) and Boston Scott.

Reactions: Parkview57
Lot of unnecessary salt in this thread.

Sanders ran for 1,649 yards, scored 12 touchdowns and averaged 6 yards per carry in college. He sat behind Barkley for two years and then started every game as a junior before going to the draft.

He ran for a career high 1,269 yards and 11 touchdowns this season.

Who knows why he had a limited role in the Super Bowl or where he will head next, but there is no disputing that he's an effective NFL running back.

Yeah, tough to say any running back who got drafted in the second round (high for the position) did it wrong. Especially while not taking a ton of hits in the process.

That tidbit came from someone in the Pitt program, so it is legit.

Wise use of resources on PSU's part...and why Mama Sanders "shut it down" after Vuk blabbed publicly that Sanders and Khaleke Hudson were at Pitt for a private MMA fight watch, so that he could get clicks.

We didn't really miss Miles Sanders too much. 2016 we had Connor (took him a little while to get going again, but he did). 2017 - we were going to suck with or without Miles. 2018 we has two 1,000-yard rushers. He's a solid back, but he's not special to a point where he would have made one iota of difference for Pitt.

Aren’t you the guy that said Barkley and AJ Dillon were dumb for playing for free and suggesting they sit out as juniors to train for the combine?

Sanders skipped the pounding for two years, balled out and got drafted without the extra mileage. What’s the difference?

Yes, so in that sense I really dont blame Sanders for opting to not play college football. However, NOBODY agrees with me when I say a guy like Barkley should have sat out so he wouldn't risk injury. Everyone says these guys are competitors, they want to play and should play. Well then what is Sanders? A guy that everyone on Earth knew was going to hold Barkley's jock for 2 full years. He isnt a competitor. He was happy to warm the bench which makes him a p.....nevermind

Reactions: Celtsfan
Yes, so in that sense I really dont blame Sanders for opting to not play college football. However, NOBODY agrees with me when I say a guy like Barkley should have sat out so he wouldn't risk injury. Everyone says these guys are competitors, they want to play and should play. Well then what is Sanders? A guy that everyone on Earth knew was going to hold Barkley's jock for 2 full years. He isnt a competitor. He was happy to warm the bench which makes him a p.....nevermind
Was Mac Jones also that? He basically had the same college career. I assume Alabama will take the national championship, though.

Reactions: pittdan77
he came out after his junior year...lack of a college career is on him....seems like he landed on his feet though Skippy..

Yet another gem from the guy that brought us "egg prices don't affect me because I don't eat eggs" and "people are donating to WVU nil over Pitt" because "the websites better". Here we have a guy who played in 36 games in college and was a second round pick that "didn't play in college" and liked "riding the bench" this year despite ending the season 5th in the league in rushing. I see you have yet again fooled some of the masses into agreeing with you, so more power to you. I hope they have your bust in the troll HOF.

Last edited:

A guy that everyone on Earth knew was going to hold Barkley's jock for 2 full years. He isnt a competitor. He was happy to warm the bench which makes him a p.....nevermind

You probably wouldn't have a been a fan of PITT from 1976-1985..

Spoken like someone who has never competed for anything.

At least once a month you say something that is just over the top in terms of stupidity and yet I'm still surprised when you find a way to top yourself.

Reactions: mlvnsmly
Yet another gem from the guy that brought us "egg prices don't affect me because I don't eat eggs" and "people are donating to WVU nil over Pitt" because "the websites better". Here we have a guy who played in 36 games in college and was a second round pick that "didn't play in college" and liked "riding the bench" this year despite ending the season 5th in the league in rushing. I see you have yet again fooled some of the masses into agreeing with you, so more power to you. I hope they have your bust in the troll HOF.

Bingo. Egg prices dont affect me in the least. Had no idea their prices were up. WVU's NIL is better because they are marketing it. And Miles Sanders isnt a competitor. He signed up to hold a jock strap. That is pussyass shit. I get that it ended up being ok because he didn't risk injury but he isnt a competitor. He did what I tell other NFL bound players to do: sit out.

Bingo. Egg prices dont affect me in the least. Had no idea their prices were up. WVU's NIL is better because they are marketing it. And Miles Sanders isnt a competitor. He signed up to hold a jock strap. That is pussyass shit. I get that it ended up being ok because he didn't risk injury but he isnt a competitor. He did what I tell other NFL bound players to do: sit out.

I have heard that argument used in the reverse sense - guys going to lesser schools because they didn't want to compete for playing time at the big boy schools. I believe this is the first time I've heard it made in this direction. Damned if you do; damned if you don't, I suppose.

Reactions: pittdan77
F this kid. After he and that Smurf from Clairton mocked Pitt while they were at Pitt’s facility, I lost all respect for both and will never wish them well.
Was happy to see him get his ass kicked on their first offensive snap. Was also hoping that incomplete pass would have been ruled a fumble - which it was - so he would have been the heel and would have been vilified by the Eagles fans. 😂🤣

He sat behind a #2 draft pick for 2 years then started one year and got taken in the 2nd round. That's a pretty good way to do it.

Not being sour grapes or anything- I don't think he's a special talent. He is fast and strong but he isn't a skilled pass catcher, can't block and he has a bit of a fumbling problem. He's a decent rotational back. In Philly that's essentially what he is- he runs up the gut when defenses key on Hurts, who is the real focal point.

Yes, you're a vegan. You eat nothing made with egg. Congratulations on your dedication to such a strict lifestyle. I am equally impressed with Miles Sanders who made time to hold another backs jockstrap while still appearing in TWENTY SIX games. Nice twist at the end. He's a pussy, but follows your advice. Just thinking out loud, I wonder what that means about you.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT