ADVERTISEMENT

Did Miles Sanders play college football?

Yes, you're a vegan. You eat nothing made with egg. Congratulations on your dedication to such a strict lifestyle. I am equally impressed with Miles Sanders who made time to hold another backs jockstrap while still appearing in TWENTY SIX games. Nice twist at the end. He's a pussy, but follows your advice. Just thinking out loud, I wonder what that means about you.

I eat some things that contain eggs but I had no clue prices went up. I guess my finances arent dependent on egg prices. Eggs wont be forcing me into bankruptcy like you apparently. And spare me the 26 game part. Getting 2 carries at the end of the game doesn't count. He was sniffing Barkley's jock on the sideline almost his whole career. A total pussy. I hope nothing but the worst for him professionally.

I eat some things that contain eggs but I had no clue prices went up. I guess my finances arent dependent on egg prices. Eggs wont be forcing me into bankruptcy like you apparently. And spare me the 26 game part. Getting 2 carries at the end of the game doesn't count. He was sniffing Barkley's jock on the sideline almost his whole career. A total pussy. I hope nothing but the worst for him professionally.
Yes, it's just that we're all broke, it's not that you're a clueless moron. Let me know when you want to compare Tax Returns. Yes, PSU had 26 games in 2 years with garbage time. And I'm sure he would've started at Pitt as a true freshman. Most backs do right? The only pussy here is you. Every single NFL player would beat you to a pulp. You have literally zero self awareness. I'll patiently wait for you to move the goal posts again.

Yes, it's just that we're all broke, it's not that you're a clueless moron. Let me know when you want to compare Tax Returns. Yes, PSU had 26 games in 2 years with garbage time. And I'm sure he would've started at Pitt as a true freshman. Most backs do right? The only pussy here is you. Every single NFL player would beat you to a pulp. You have literally zero self awareness. I'll patiently wait for you to move the goal posts again.

Did I offend you by insulting your boyfriend? Sanders is a pussy. Not a competitor. Deal with it. And you are broke as sh*t if eggs are causing you a financial burden.

Did I offend you by insulting your boyfriend? Sanders is a pussy. Not a competitor. Deal with it. And you are broke as sh*t if eggs are causing you a financial burden.
I know you would love for me to be offended. Unfortunately, just like you are in life, you're a total zero to me too. As far as Sanders, I could really care less. I didn't even watch the super bowl. I'm just someone who read your comment and immediately knew it was going to be completely wrong. I looked it up an I was right. I'm sure you'd love to know what it feels like to be right, but unfortunately you're just going to have to wonder.....again.

I can remember mama Sanders trashing Pitt during the recruiting process. I was rooting for KC as well.

You couldn't hold anyone's jock that made a college roster. Don't talk crap about things you couldn't begin to understand.

Reactions: PSU621 and mlvnsmly
I can admit that I hate on all the guys that don’t go to Pitt who are local and should ;but man Sanders has actually been a good NFL back since he’s been in the league. At least running back is a position that we know we can always recruit, even if we don’t get the WPI AL kids. I mean heck we have another kid coming out this year at a Pitt who I think is actually going to be a better NFL back than miles ……..And we didn’t have the kiss up to his mom to get him to come here. He only just broke Tony Dorsett single-game rushing record lol so I don’t think we were really hurting after he didn’t go to Pitt. I actually would like to investigate though why it seems like his soon as a guy is good locally he feels like he’s cool to diss Pitt in spite of the fact that Pitt guys have a record of success getting into and being successful in the league.

You couldn't hold anyone's jock that made a college roster. Don't talk crap about things you couldn't begin to understand.

Well we agree because Miles certainly held Barkley's jock on the sidelines for 2 years better than I could. He held it, sniffed it, took selfies with it. I probably would have dropped it.

Ok, my bad, I must have missed his 3 month college career. I think I was cleaning my garage. Hope it was worth holding Barkley's jock strap on the sidelines for 2 years. I love guys who aren't competitive and are content warming benches.

This is silly. I know it’s PSU, but the kid had a good college season, and is now a very effective NFL back whose team almost won a Super Bowl.

That path worked out perfectly well for him.

I’d save threads like this for guys that snub Pitt and flame out (but even then, maybe it’s best to move on)

This is silly. I know it’s PSU, but the kid had a good college season, and is now a very effective NFL back whose team almost won a Super Bowl.

That path worked out perfectly well for him.

I’d save threads like this for guys that snub Pitt and flame out (but even then, maybe it’s best to move on)

I didn't say it didn't work out. I sarcastically questioned if he played college football. He opted to ride the pine for 2 years. In the end, was it a good decision financially? Probably. But everyone says guys shouldnt opt out. He did for 2 years.

I didn't say it didn't work out. I sarcastically questioned if he played college football. He opted to ride the pine for 2 years. In the end, was it a good decision financially? Probably. But everyone says guys shouldnt opt out. He did for 2 years.
opting out and playing behind someone who is better than you, is not the same..

Reactions: pittdan77
How? He knew he wasnt going to play for 2 years. He decided he didnt want to play college football as a FR and SO. That's opting out in my book.
ok. had he come to pitt, his ass would have been opting out behind conner and in 2018, he wasnt doing any better than hall or Ollison..

I see, so he was sure to start at Pitt out of high school, but chose to sit on the bench instead? Is it your passive aggressive troll that Pitt, Conner, and Ollison are trash compared to PSU scrubs and none of us are supposed to notice the subliminal insult? Pitts the same as Akron after all, right?

ok. had he come to pitt, his ass would have been opting out behind conner and in 2018, he wasnt doing any better than hall or Ollison..

It was not known if Conner was going to be healthy enough to play in 2016 so Sanders would have thought he had a legit shot to be RB1. And as a sophomore, he 100% beats out Hall and Ollison. Listen, I love Hall and Ollison. I dont like Sanders. But Sanders is light years better than those 2. And why did it have to be Pitt or PSU? There was no other P5s where he could have played football his first 2 years? He HAD to opt out behind a future HOFer (which I predicted in his FR year, Barkley is special).

It was not known if Conner was going to be healthy enough to play in 2016 so Sanders would have thought he had a legit shot to be RB1. And as a sophomore, he 100% beats out Hall and Ollison. Listen, I love Hall and Ollison. I dont like Sanders. But Sanders is light years better than those 2. And why did it have to be Pitt or PSU? There was no other P5s where he could have played football his first 2 years? He HAD to opt out behind a future HOFer (which I predicted in his FR year, Barkley is special).
I think this is the right take but I would take Ollison over Sanders

He sat behind a #2 draft pick for 2 years then started one year and got taken in the 2nd round. That's a pretty good way to do it.

Not being sour grapes or anything- I don't think he's a special talent. He is fast and strong but he isn't a skilled pass catcher, can't block and he has a bit of a fumbling problem. He's a decent rotational back. In Philly that's essentially what he is- he runs up the gut when defenses key on Hurts, who is the real focal point.

Worked out well for Sanders, didn't take a lot of wear & tear in college. Supposedly liked Pitt and would have been interesting if Gailey wouldn't have left and if Narduzzi started his recruitment (committed when Chryst was coach here). But as Burgh mentioned the mom was the problem and firmly in the Franklin camp

Interesting consideration. I don’t know that someone as slight as Sanders could have done a while lot of anything with the lunch pail OL we typically had those years (ok, these years too).

Sanders of course was/is a fine athlete and good back but he’s nothing like a Barkley or Shady or similarly more sublime back. Not many are, so it’s not an insult. He played solidly behind a highly remunerated 5 star OL at PSU, and with some of the better OL in the NFL as a pro. Could he have survived playing with the Steelers crappy OL in the same period as a pro? Doubtful. Conner, Snell, McFarland, all similar quality to Sanders out of college, went bust here. Najee Harris, a far superior back, barely has been serviceable

Ollison and Hall were slower and less shifty, but more rugged, critical to make yards on their own playing for us.

Ok, my bad, I must have missed his 3 month college career. I think I was cleaning my garage. Hope it was worth holding Barkley's jock strap on the sidelines for 2 years. I love guys who aren't competitive and are content warming benches.
He's an NFL player making millions that started in the SB. I don't get the venom.

Reactions: noelr
He's an NFL player making millions that started in the SB. I don't get the venom.

Local kid dissed Pitt to barely play college football. My guess is that for all 1st/2nd Round RBs, his college carries have to rank near the fewest of all time for players who played at least 3 seasons. Now, financially, that may have not been a bad thing and if the kid truly thought that he didnt want to play the 1st 2 years so he would be more valuable to scouts due to his light workload, maybe he's smarter than I give him credit for.

Local kid dissed Pitt to barely play college football. My guess is that for all 1st/2nd Round RBs, his college carries have to rank near the fewest of all time for players who played at least 3 seasons. Now, financially, that may have not been a bad thing and if the kid truly thought that he didnt want to play the 1st 2 years so he would be more valuable to scouts due to his light workload, maybe he's smarter than I give him credit for.
No, no. Don't sell yourself short. You obviously know what's better for him.

Reactions: sdnp
Miles Sanders didn't play much his first two years for two reasons: Barkley was one of the best backs in the country and Miles fumbled the ball often, like every eight carries or so. He cleaned the fumble-itis up his third year.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT