ADVERTISEMENT

Disappointed

Tyler Chappel did not place(rough tournament) and I believe 2024 commit Jackson young from NJ placed 7th
Tyler chose to wrestle his weight this year, he could of gone to 121 where he would have won the WPIAL and most likely been top 3 at states, but he felt it was more advantageous to stay up on weight, get stronger and get ready for college. He discussed with coaches and they were ok with it. He knew it would probably effect his post season but at same time he didnt see the point to cut just to win. He weighs 130 still today and will continue to wrestle but also continue to lift and put on some weight for next season. Mature decision that will pay off after a redshirt season.

I should add, I was against it but as the year went on I understood his plan. He has transformed his body, and he defeated a number of opponents, and was in every match against opponents who were cutting 10-15 pounds.

Reactions: Chaos and Ryno53
I never alluded to that, youre putting words in my mouth. My actual point was, kids get in school with lower academics than non athletes on many occasions. Especially those that qualify for financial aid and dont eat up scholarship money. My third time going through this.
Yea trust me no one on here knows how the process works better than me. I replied to you accidentally, sorry about that.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT