ADVERTISEMENT

Disappointing but

As much as I love this team. To lose two very winnable games the way they did is completely deflating. And to pass back to almost half court at the end was almost unforgivable. I love this team and want to be optimist. But it’s going to be on the bubble unless they get to the ACC semifinals.

Reactions: SteelBowl70
As much as I love this team. To lose two very winnable games the way they did is completely deflating. And to pass back to almost half court at the end was almost unforgivable. I love this team and want to be optimist. But it’s going to be on the bubble unless they get to the ACC semifinals.
Every team has bad loses and in no way could anyone ever thought this season would be so successful. Miami is a more talented team than Pitt and Pitt almost won on their home court .

Second guessing how they played the last 13 seconds is pointless, it’s helter skelter time and it just didn’t pan out .

Last edited:
Maybe Fede is playing sick?
Fede is an athletic 5 and Miami’s guys were just too strong .

My fear all season long has been playing a team with a strong inside game , Pitt just doesn’t have the horses to stand up to it and tonight was a perfect example. Of course the anti Hugley guys just don’t seem to get it . His presence is noticed , no one’s bumping into him and knocking him down . He’d have helped big time tonight .

My fear all season long has been playing a team with a strong inside game , Pitt just doesn’t have the horses to stand up to it and tonight was a perfect example. Of course the anti Hugley guys just don’t seem to get it . His presence is noticed , no one’s bumping into him and knocking him down . He’d have helped big time tonight .

It's as if you didn't watch John Hugley play any this season.

I think out rebounded by 21 and had chance to win at end. Pretty amazing

We aren't really talking about it, but what kept us in the game was turnovers. They outscored us on second chance points 25-7. We outscored them in points off turnovers 23-6. They had 16 turnovers and we only had 7 (two of which were those stupid offensive fouls by Burton).

Agree they wouldn't knock him down.

... They would just make a very minimal effort to go around him like he was a mannequin at Bloomingdale's.

• Haha
Reactions: TheSpecialSauce
We aren't really talking about it, but what kept us in the game was turnovers. They outscored us on second chance points 25-7. We outscored them in points off turnovers 23-6. They had 16 turnovers and we only had 7 (two of which were those stupid offensive fouls by Burton).
The two turnovers by Nelly when he passed up open 3’s are freaking killers!!!

This is all we wanted , a team that is competitive playing meaningful games late in the season . Job accomplished . Now go out and win the ACC tournament.
I And others thought it would have been nice to have seen a acc regular season championship first, then an acc tourney championship, then possibly a ncaa tourney championship, It was just a thought!!!!!

Big picture - The last 2 games won’t matter if we make the NCAA Tournament. Just get in and you never know what could happen.
Depends what Pitt does in the NCAA tournament (if Pitt gets in). Dismissing any championship is dumb. Championships are what you play for. This week was a kick in the nuts to any Pitt hoops fan.

Last edited:
It's as if you didn't watch John Hugley play any this season.
Judging a guy who played in part of 3 games with a bum knee and mental health issues isn’t the John Hugley I’m referring to . I’m talking about a healthy John Hugley which we didn’t see .

Maybe we never see a healthy Big John again , but Pitt needs another guy next season that can battle stronger bigs . The twins aren’t the answer and tonight showed that Fede’s got a ways to go too .

I And others thought it would have been nice to have seen a acc regular season championship first, then an acc tourney championship, then possibly a ncaa tourney championship, It was just a thought!!!!!
Who didn’t ?

Can’t see this team being a true contender for a national championship under any circumstances , sweet sixteen is where I think they max out . Obviously it depends on who they play .

Reactions: alsporsche
Depends what Pitt does in the NCAA tournament (if Pitt gets in). Dismissing any championship is dumb. Championships are what you play for. This week was a kick in the nuts to any Pitt hoops fan.
We’ll see how it plays out, but if they learn from it and use it as fuel to make a run in the tournament then it could be a silver lining in disguise.

Big picture - The last 2 games won’t matter if we make the NCAA Tournament. Just get in and you never know what could happen.
Umm, you forgot the fact that the last 2 games wiped out an ACC regular season championship. That’s fairly significant.

But yeah, as far as making the NCAA tourney, they’ll be forgotten real quick n easy if/when we make it

Reactions: SteelBowl70
Umm, you forgot the fact that the last 2 games wiped out an ACC regular season championship. That’s fairly significant.

But yeah, as far as making the NCAA tourney, they’ll be forgotten real quick n easy if/when we make it
Obviously everyone would like to win the ACC regular season, ACC tournament, and the NCAA tournament. If given a choice - I’d prefer making a run in the NCAA tournament to winning the regular season title and then getting bounced in the 1st round.

Obviously everyone would like to win the ACC regular season, ACC tournament, and the NCAA tournament. If given a choice - I’d prefer making a run in the NCAA tournament to winning the regular season title and then getting bounced in the 1st round.
Doesn’t change the fact that the last 2 games definitely mattered for something.

I think the rational Pitt fan should have been mentally prepared to lose this game on the road against a team that is better in most measurable ways.. That same rational fan should have expected a win at ND against that putrid ND team 99 times out of 100.

ND was the real kick in the nuts IMO.

Doesn’t change the fact that the last 2 games definitely mattered for something.
EVERY game matters if you want to dissect it along those lines, but the NCAA Tournament is what really matters the most. We remember the Elite 8 team the most because of how far they advanced.

I think the rational Pitt fan should have been mentally prepared to lose this game on the road against a team that is better in most measurable ways.. That same rational fan should have expected a win at ND against that putrid ND team 99 times out of 100.

ND was the real kick in the nuts IMO.
Yes. Pitt was a 4.5 point favorite for N.D. and a 7.5 underdog for Miami/

Yes. Pitt was a 4.5 point favorite for N.D. and a 7.5 underdog for Miami/
And maybe it’s just my own inherent bias, but I had us at more like a 14.5 favorite against ND. That one, given what was on the line, was a very very bitter pill to swallow. A turd of epic proportions laid by a team that, despite its undeniable flaws, is a hell of a lot better than it played Wed night, and a hell of a lot better than the team that beat them. .

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT