ADVERTISEMENT

DJ Burns

Fk_Pitt

Lair Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Dec 3, 2007
Who was it who just in the last 48 hours tried to argue that Fede’s metrics are more meaningful than than anything DJ Burns provides?

This is no knock on Fede, but come on….DJ Burns is a damn good college player.

Reactions: jctrack
Who was it who just in the last 48 hours tried to argue that Fede’s metrics are more meaningful than than anything DJ Burns provides?

Kid is a smart player..

Wasn’t always a “little chunky”.

SP_DJBURNS_WinthropAthletics.jpg

At the college level it’s hard to find 5 players that can defend him without help. Bacot is no little guy and he was bullied by DJB. Besides strength, his footwork is excellent and his passing makes you pay for the double.

At the college level it’s hard to find 5 players that can defend him without help. Bacot is no little guy and he was bullied by DJB. Besides strength, his footwork is excellent and his passing makes you pay for the double.

Nobody in college basketball can guard him. It depends on how good of a look he can get.

If there’s a metric that shows Fede as having greater effectiveness than Burns I will show you a metric that is meaningless.

Reactions: Fk_Pitt
If there’s a metric that shows Fede as having greater effectiveness than Burns I will show you a metric that is meaningless.
The argument was made here. I’m not going to dig up the thread. I don’t remember if it was the pay or free board. But yes, there was a poster or two. lol.

Burns should foul out with offensive fouls only, the fouls that they don’t call, he plows his body into the defensive players vertical positioning

Reactions: TreesHero
Burns should foul out with offensive fouls only, the fouls that they don’t call, he plows his body into the defensive players vertical positioning
He uses his giant ass to hide the elbows that he throws.

He picks up his pivot foot a lot too

I am ok with trying to upgrade over Fede, but Fede has taken quite a bit of $hit on here. He has been one of the few defenders recently who has neutralized Burns.

In their last game, Burns only had nine points vs Fede and GDG. They both did a nice job taking away his move to his “ right shoulder” (I.e. take away his left hand). Oakland coach saw that too and came right out and said it during in-game interview.

I am ok with trying to upgrade over Fede, but Fede has taken quite a bit of $hit on here. He has been one of the few defenders recently who has neutralized Burns.

In their last game, Burns only had nine points vs Fede and GDG. They both did a nice job taking away his move to his “ right shoulder” (I.e. take away his left hand). Oakland coach saw that too and came right out and said it during in-game interview.

He's definitely had some successful defensive outings against stout competition.

That said, I'm sick of our five existing strictly to try and neutralize the other team's much better five. It's about time we get some actual production down there ourselves.

And Capel also sent him to the bench for long stretches because the game plan was to wear him out. You can contain him at times but every coach is game planning to try and limit his production. He’s #1 on the game plan and the Oakland coach said so. And he was still player of the game.

Part of the reason why we were successful against Burns is that we had two bigs who could wear him out. Fede runs him up and down the court, and then we brought in Guillermo to force him to close out on the three point line on every offensive possession. There aren’t a ton of teams who have the personnel to do that.

He's a damn good offensive player with elite feet and hands for the position.

He's a liability on defense though, and spends most of the game standing around.

I wonder how good he'd be if he dropped 30-40 pounds.

I see all the bigs slamming shoulders into defenders to create space then going to the free throw line after a little ticky tack foul against them. Every game that happens.

Reactions: Atlanta Panther
He's a damn good offensive player with elite feet and hands for the position.

He's a liability on defense though, and spends most of the game standing around.

I wonder how good he'd be if he dropped 30-40 pounds.
He’s not the best rebounder that’s for sure. Any rebound he gets, his feet are still on the floor when he gets it. In other words the ball falls right to him. But again, is there a coach in America who wouldn’t want him?

Fede and DJ hit the portal at the same time. Who is lining up to get them and who is getting a 7 figure deal?

Again no knock at all on Fede. But stating he’s more valuable than DJ is preposterous.

Burns is a difference maker. He is a point forward/center, that is almost unheard of. They run everything through him, and it is a rather unique approach that can only be successful when you have a player with his skill set. One could argue that Keats and NC ST underachieved all year until now. Think about it. 3 good guards in Thomas, Morselle, and Horne and a quality center in Burns. Plus the guy I think has really elevated them recently in Diarra. He does a little bit of everything. NC ST is a complete team that could possibly win a couple more.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT