ADVERTISEMENT

Do Pickett a favor

Dec 20, 2019
Trade him out of Pittsburgh for whatever you can get and let this kid try to salvage his career. I have never seen a city do a complete 180 on a person so fast in my life. It will only be a matter of time before they turn on Rudolph again. Social media is a cess pool nowadays. Local media wants to bury this kid in his second year. This is bigger than football this is toxic stuff. Kenny and his wife are good people. The media was obsessed with him all summer. I would never want my kid in the NFL. It's like people forget they are talking about people.

I’m actually after the past week at the point of avoiding social media entirely and not giving a f@k what happens with the rest of the Stillers season honestly. If they beat Baltimore it’s because they rested players Baltimore is easily the hottest team going right now.

This is “ Kordell in the park bad” or “ ODonnell got paid to throw the Super Bowl” bad…

It’s obnoxious

The NFL is just an excuse for rich owners to push their influence onto teams to satisfy their egos. It means nothing as far as what the better teams are.

• Haha
Reactions: jtownknowitall
Trade him out of Pittsburgh for whatever you can get and let this kid try to salvage his career. I have never seen a city do a complete 180 on a person so fast in my life. It will only be a matter of time before they turn on Rudolph again. Social media is a cess pool nowadays. Local media wants to bury this kid in his second year. This is bigger than football this is toxic stuff. Kenny and his wife are good people. The media was obsessed with him all summer. I would never want my kid in the NFL. It's like people forget they are talking about people.
While regular Joe's are not under the spot light by as many people, the trails and tribulations a regular Joe faces is way worse than a NFL QB needing to tune out naysayers. Even the training camp UDFA QB didn't get there by being so soft that outside criticism tears them down.

I’m actually after the past week at the point of avoiding social media entirely and not giving a f@k what happens with the rest of the Stillers season honestly. If they beat Baltimore it’s because they rested players Baltimore is easily the hottest team going right now.

This is “ Kordell in the park bad” or “ ODonnell got paid to throw the Super Bowl” bad…

It’s obnoxious

For anyone that wasn't around to know the story about Stewart, his players tribune from a few years ago is an excellent read.

It’s obnoxious
Kordell was beloved and then the mob turned on him. That fat blob Madden made up the story regarding Kordell in Schenley Park.

This can be said about every starting qb ever in every city that didn’t produce on the field. As adversity goes what he has endured so far is very minor, he’ll get another shot next season to prove whether he can be an NFL starting QB or not. That’s all any professional athlete can ask for.

Kordell was beloved and then the mob turned on him. That fat blob Madden made up the story regarding Kordell in Schenley Park.
Madden and Kaboly leading the charge… look like two barflies… lol

maxresdefault.jpg

Meh, if he comes back in and wins a game then all will be forgotten.
See that's my point. What the hell happened to football. Every Tom Dick and Harry with an X account is an expert now. I think about him as a person. Hell yeah he needs to improve in some areas but the personal attacks on his character and just who he is. I would hate this city right now.

It’s obnoxious
Wow it's weird that I forgot about all of that crap. It's like the whole city has this weird fetish with him even when he was "hurt". Like who TF do you remember having media availability when they were hurt to field the weird questions they asked him. Kenny knew he was healthy and that they were jerking him around. The Steelers made this thing so much more weird than it has to be. I'm not a Steelers fan anymore after this. They treated him like crap. If you're gonna bench him then bench him but don't be a pxss about it while he is hurt and basically have auditions for his job.

• Haha
Reactions: jtownknowitall
This can be said about every starting qb ever in every city that didn’t produce on the field. As adversity goes what he has endured so far is very minor, he’ll get another shot next season to prove whether he can be an NFL starting QB or not. That’s all any professional athlete can ask for.
No bro it's the way everything went down. Teammates talking crap about him behind his back. Not giving a full effort while on the field with him. Having to play for Canada...not to mention the fact that Mike T probably is the reason he turned into a check down machine. They screwed him for no reason. If you thought he wasn't progressing send him to the bench don't pull this oh he is still hurt crap.

What you do is whatever is BEST FOR THE TEAM, if keeping him around and ruining his NFL career is BEST FOR THE TEAM, that's what you do. I'm concerned about the Steelers having a good QB not the individual Kenny. I'm a fan of THE STEELERS TEAM, OVER THE INDIVIDUAL KENNY PICKETT.

Reactions: Weavedog469
Not in this city. If he's from Pitt, the hometown team, he will be crucified. Remember, these are nitters and hoopies that are Stiller fans. They want him to fail. But they're very stupid. That's the reason I won't be caught dead in a Stiller gathering. They're disgusting nitters and hoopies.
This^^^ is FCKNG STUPID, I'm a huge Steelers fan, and a huge Pitt fan, same with a lot of my friends, almost every Pitt fan that I know personally is also a Steelers fan, you are insane or an idiot if you think most Pitt fans aren't Steelers fans too. what planet are you from? you must not be from Western PA, maybe you're a Pitt alumni from somewhere else.

Reactions: ialwaysknow
I can't agree more. The guy needs to get as far away as he can from tomlin ASAP. The steelers (of which I am no fan) should never have drafted him. He is not the proper type of QB for that asinine offense that canada ran.

If people turned on Kenny, it's because Kenny has the lowest TD% in NFL history for a QB with 500 pass attempts and passes for like 150 yards per game, and leads the NFL in 3 and outs, and leads the team to 16ppg, those are the reasons people may have turned on Kenny, not because Madden and the media said something, if Kenny was playing good, no words from the media could hurt him, it's because he isn't living up to being a #1 pick, quit being Pitt homers and look at it objectively.

If people turned on Kenny, it's because Kenny has the lowest TD% in NFL history for a QB with 500 pass attempts and passes for like 150 yards per game, and leads the NFL in 3 and outs, and leads the team to 16ppg, those are the reasons people may have turned on Kenny, not because Madden and the media said something, if Kenny was playing good, no words from the media could hurt him, it's because he isn't living up to being a #1 pick, quit being Pitt homers and look at it objectively.
Some people seem to think Rudolph is the only variable for success. They are wrong. Canada is gone. More importantly Tomlin has changed.Passing late in half from deep ahead 21. Going for it4th and medium, 0-0 in first quarter. Throwing on 1st down, up 7, less than 2 minutes left.

There is no way we lose to Cleveland 10-13 with Pickett at QB if Tomlin coached that game as he has coached the last 2 games.Tomlin finally quit "living in his fears"

It’s obnoxious
I wanted KP to be drafted by any other team besides the stillers knowing how all this would shake down if he struggled. Go Ravens

I wanted KP to be drafted by any other team besides the stillers knowing how all this would shake down if he struggled. Go Ravens
So you’re saying you want the Steelers to lose unless Kenny Pickett is at quarterback?

Pickett regressed this year. He has 6 TDs in 12 games. It's not hard to understand why fans have turned on him. They want better play from a first-round QB. Pickett has played one good game in two years. That's it.

I wanted him drafted by any other team too, because I felt he was never that great to begin with. He was a slightly above average college QB ( which is a compliment) that had too low of a ceiling to be a 1st round NFL pick. But because he was the top rated QB in one of the worst years of QB options he got elevated as a first rounder.

I say that and the following knowing how bad Canada was as an OC, and how that hampered KP.

The rub is, no matter who KP played for in the NFL, he was never going to be more than serviceable. It was always going to be a struggle for him to perform in the top half of the league based off his talent alone. Now if he found a super talented team and he was a good fit in the system (ie Prudy/49ers) that may change the story. But his talent compared to most starting QBs is limited.

Bottomline, if he gone to any other college instead of Pitt, no one on this board who be complaining on how he is being treated.

It’s obnoxious
Quitting social media was the best decision I made in 2023. There's nothing of value there.

Reactions: Parkview57
I've been watching football long enough to know you don't get rid of a QB after 20 starts over 2 seasons. Even Rudolf who was a 2nd round pick had his detractors and questions why the Steelers kept him. Now he is a hero. Pickett will be on the Steelers next year, maybe not the starter but he will be on the team. Everyone forgets Bradshaw lost his starting job to Terry Hanratty and then to Joe Jefferson. He came back to start and the rest is history.

Not in this city. If he's from Pitt, the hometown team, he will be crucified. Remember, these are nitters and hoopies that are Stiller fans. They want him to fail. But they're very stupid. That's the reason I won't be caught dead in a Stiller gathering. They're disgusting nitters and hoopies.
Marcia Marcia Marcia

I've been watching football long enough to know you don't get rid of a QB after 20 starts over 2 seasons. Even Rudolf who was a 2nd round pick had his detractors and questions why the Steelers kept him. Now he is a hero. Pickett will be on the Steelers next year, maybe not the starter but he will be on the team. Everyone forgets Bradshaw lost his starting job to Terry Hanratty and then to Joe Jefferson. He came back to start and the rest is history.
I agree with most of what you say, but the Bradshaw comment is irrelevant. Bradshaw had a much stronger arm and he played on one of the most if not the most talented NFL teams in history. He is/was a prime example of a QB getting too much credit, especially in that era.

Do you think Kenny pays attention to social media and local Pgh media. I dont so why would he? He's a millionaire with plenty of other things to do. Its pretty easy to not read Twitter or listen to local talk radio. The only reason I know that some fans or radio people dont like him is because of what is posted here. So I doubt he cares at all about any of this. I am sure he is upset to lose his starting job but this is the NFL. You have to produce and while he wasnt bad, he wasnt good either. Now I would blame a lot of that on Canada and having terrible offensive players but those same players have played well the last few weeks.

Do you think Kenny pays attention to social media and local Pgh media. I dont so why would he? He's a millionaire with plenty of other things to do. Its pretty easy to not read Twitter or listen to local talk radio. The only reason I know that some fans or radio people dont like him is because of what is posted here. So I doubt he cares at all about any of this. I am sure he is upset to lose his starting job but this is the NFL. You have to produce and while he wasnt bad, he wasnt good either. Now I would blame a lot of that on Canada and having terrible offensive players but those same players have played well the last few weeks.
In one line you’ve summed yourself up perfectly.

Reactions: USAF Phantom
I grew up 2 hrs north of Pittsburgh and would have been in high school and college during kordells time with the stillers and I can tell you in high school we knew about this rumor...and that's despite the fact we were not in the Pittsburgh media where I grew up. So I can't speak for if madden specifically talked about that rumor years ago but everyone knew it.

Back to Kenny, Dejan actually had a good podcast on this issue this morning.

Reactions: ialwaysknow
play well, fans like you. Play poorly, they dont. it's not that complicated.. it's not about pickett or pitt, its what fans do.

but the point is valid, he would be better off with a new team, under a new staff. still holding out hope a new OC can turn it around. wishful thinking with Tomlins' history of hiring coordinators but stranger things have happened.

Reactions: Pitt79
So you’re saying you want the Steelers to lose unless Kenny Pickett is at quarterback?
A lot of these people on this message board are fans of Pitt alumni players over their favorite NFL teams, and many just hate the Steelers because the Steelers HIGHLY DESERVE AND RIGHTFULLY GET more and better local media coverage than Pitt does.

Some people seem to think Rudolph is the only variable for success. They are wrong. Canada is gone. More importantly Tomlin has changed.Passing late in half from deep ahead 21. Going for it4th and medium, 0-0 in first quarter. Throwing on 1st down, up 7, less than 2 minutes left.

There is no way we lose to Cleveland 10-13 with Pickett at QB if Tomlin coached that game as he has coached the last 2 games.Tomlin finally quit "living in his fears"
i like pickett but i dont see Pickett staying in the pocket and making the throws that Rudolph made the last two weeks. he is spinning out of the pocket a full two seconds before Rudolph makes those throws.. that pass to Pickens against seattle, never in a million years does pickett stay and even attempt that throw..

but pickett's ceiling is higher than rudolph. I am loving rudolph now but even i dont want him as my every day starter for '24, i do think he's a very very good backup nfl qb though.

So with that said, i just really think we need a miracle hire at OC to bring pickett back to nfl caliber. he's broken, and well i dont blame him with the poor OL and coaching. he can and will fix his career, i just hope it's in pittsburgh..

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT