ADVERTISEMENT

Do you guys even care about Pitt news?!

Local kids are barely even considering Pitt these days. I can't blame them.

We probably have the worst legacy recruit ratio in college football.
For those who say who cares. It’s obvious they are happy with what the status quo has been. Mediocre at best.

When our recruiting gets much better. Then we can expect much better than mediocre results every year. Until then ......,well.

The scary thing is the kid grew up as a die hard Pitt fan lol

He’s going to be much better.......Mark it down
He is about 240lbs right now. If he gains 50-60lbs, increases his strength, maintains his agility, and stays healthy. Then you will probably be right. I wish him well, but it is far from a guarantee. He is built more like a TE right now.

Reactions: BiggCliff412
Its not about who you dont get but who you get especially with Lineman. For years, WVU had lower ranked lineman but had far better Olines than Pitt. Brian ONeil was a three star recruit.
Nix, Malecki, Thomas, Jacobson, Pinkston, Clemmons, Biz, Dorian Johnson.

All 4 star recruits and by far our best olineman. To say recruiting highly recruited lineman doesn’t matter is simply incorrect

All 4 star recruits and by far our best olineman. To say recruiting highly recruited lineman doesn’t matter is simply incorrect
Unfortunately, how many of ^^^those^^^ guys (above) were recruited by the current coaching staff? :(

How did Dan Simelis, Nick Marmo, Luke Graham, Mark Farris, and Tom Ricketts turn out? They were all big-time local recruits who played OL and went elsewhere. It isn’t a slam dunk either way.

How did Dan Simelis, Nick Marmo, Luke Graham, Mark Farris, and Tom Ricketts turn out? They were all big-time local recruits who played OL and went elsewhere. It isn’t a slam dunk either way.
No idea. My point is PITT’s best lineman over the years were highly ranked kids. There’s no disputing this.

No idea. My point is PITT’s best lineman over the years were highly ranked kids. There’s no disputing this.
All the guys I listed were highly rated local OL who were flops in college.

Brian O’Neill was a lightly recruited TE out of Delaware. Russ Grimm was a lightly recruited QB/LB coming out of HS, Jim Sweeney was an underrated recruit, CJ Davis was underrated, Chas Alexcih was a walk-on OL/DL. I could go on and on.

There is constant negativity surrounding Pitt athletics. If it's not coming from the media and the trolls in the comment section of a Pitt article, it's coming from Pitt fans themselves. On top of that, the last time Pitt won at a high level, Larry Flynt was still walking...

With all that, it's not hard to figure out why the locals leave...

Reactions: widesideend
the ricketts kid wasn't a standout player in high school, just a kid thought to have potential

this kid is a standout athlete in both football and basketball

Standout in football, decent in basketball. FWIW, Ricketts was a higher ranked football player, but Kristofic will easily outproduce him.

For those who say who cares. It’s obvious they are happy with what the status quo has been. Mediocre at best.

When our recruiting gets much better. Then we can expect much better than mediocre results every year. Until then ......,well.

The scary thing is the kid grew up as a die hard Pitt fan lol
That's the problem with the majority of this fanbase. Lose a legacy recruit, a highly highly rated recruit that grew up a huge Pitt fan, and it's ho-hum, not that big of a deal, etc... It is a big deal. Narduzzi has not shown himself to be any kind of good recruiter and neither has his staff. And we won 5 measly games just last year. It sucks man. 1 four star guy each year isn't gonna cut it if we want to to the next level.

That's the problem with the majority of this fanbase. Lose a legacy recruit, a highly highly rated recruit that grew up a huge Pitt fan, and it's ho-hum, not that big of a deal, etc... It is a big deal. Narduzzi has not shown himself to be any kind of good recruiter and neither has his staff. And we won 5 measly games just last year. It sucks man. 1 four star guy each year isn't gonna cut it if we want to to the next level.
He is a 3 Star and 5.6 on the rating scale. This is what we have been landing.

Reactions: PittPoker
All the guys I listed were highly rated local OL who were flops in college.

Brian O’Neill was a lightly recruited TE out of Delaware. Russ Grimm was a lightly recruited QB/LB coming out of HS, Jim Sweeney was an underrated recruit, CJ Davis was underrated, Chas Alexcih was a walk-on OL/DL. I could go on and on.
I am talking over the last 8-10 years. Your naming guys from decades ago lol. Back then a offensive guard was no more than 250lbs and tackles were 270. Totally different now a days. Plus, back then kids flew under the radar a lot more than today. With all the combines and social media. It’s getting harder and harder to find a diamond in the ruff.

Reactions: cashisking884
Based on what you just said - a recruits rating is influenced by who he commits to. Then isn’t the system biased and therefore flawed?
They are pretty accurate. Why do you think teams like Clemson, FSU, OSU, Alabama, Georgia and others compete for championships every 3 or 4 years. Simply they get the most highly recruited players every year. The only way a team that recruits in the top 10 every year is no good is because they didn’t recruit a difference maker at QB or they are horribly coached

He doesn't even weigh 250 right now, so he has a ways to go. In addition, he's a composite 3-star. He's not going to wind up a high 4-star under any circumstances. He'll get the obligatory ND bump on Rivals, but don't follow that, follow the 247 composite. His offer sheet is good, but only a true fool would believe he's a take right now at Clemson, Georgia, or OSU.

Frankly, unless he really puts on a lot of weight, he looks more like a tight end.

He doesn't even weigh 250 right now, so he has a ways to go. In addition, he's a composite 3-star. He's not going to wind up a high 4-star under any circumstances. He'll get the obligatory ND bump on Rivals, but don't follow that, follow the 247 composite. His offer sheet is good, but only a true fool would believe he's a take right now at Clemson, Georgia, or OSU.

Frankly, unless he really puts on a lot of weight, he looks more like a tight end.

Nike scales and PSU scales must be wrong...

What does a "take" mean?

He played last year no higher than 240 according to most reports.

OSU, Georgia, and Clemson "offers" do not mean that they will take your commitment. This has been discussed before, and is irrefutable except among the true recruiting world virgins. You will note that among that group of schools, at least 2 will not in most cases allow an OV unless they would accept a commitment from said player. Remember that OV's are limited (I think 58), and this year with the new rules most schools are afraid they might run out of them later in the year, so they are being stingier right now. Otherwise, why wouldn't a kid take a free visit to a storied place like Georgia or Clemson, where it is said the OV experience is very memorable, shall we say? It's because they won't allow it.

Has this player taken any OV's this spring at all, besides I assume to ND?

At any rate, it's early and things can change. Narduzzi will come up with OL recruits that aren't much different than this kid, I am sure.

Reactions: DiehardPanther
He played last year no higher than 240 according to most reports.

OSU, Georgia, and Clemson "offers" do not mean that they will take your commitment. This has been discussed before, and is irrefutable except among the true recruiting world virgins. You will note that among that group of schools, at least 2 will not in most cases allow an OV unless they would accept a commitment from said player. Remember that OV's are limited (I think 58), and this year with the new rules most schools are afraid they might run out of them later in the year, so they are being stingier right now. Otherwise, why wouldn't a kid take a free visit to a storied place like Georgia or Clemson, where it is said the OV experience is very memorable, shall we say? It's because they won't allow it.

Has this player taken any OV's this spring at all, besides I assume to ND?

At any rate, it's early and things can change. Narduzzi will come up with OL recruits that aren't much different than this kid, I am sure.

I can only tell you what I've seen when he's been on college campuses. Virtually every single school measures you in a meat market fashion. A lot can change in a few months.

Are you trying to say he couldn't commit to some of the schools that offered? I can tell you that is probably bs. I know that Clemson and osu love him. He's been a very hot name on virtually every campus and combine we've been to in the past 3-4 months.

Reactions: sherepower
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT