ADVERTISEMENT

Does tOSU Have Pictures

TFBaum

Junior
Jan 22, 2020
The announcer on ND game keep trying to justify tOSU. Give me a break tOSU looked like crap today. On a aside note the Pitt lost to Clemson doesn’t look that bad.

Who did Northwestern beat to really be ranked 14, in an inflated rank, covid season?
Not sure. If only there was some sort of online resource where you could access information on a database somewhere. Then we could find out.

Some sort of World Wide Web of endless data that we could access from our home computer or cell phone. We should invent something like this then we could get answers to questions like this.

Reactions: Joe the Panther Fan
Not sure. If only there was some sort of online resource where you could access information on a database somewhere. Then we could find out.

Some sort of World Wide Web of endless data that we could access from our home computer or cell phone. We should invent something like this then we could get answers to questions like this.

Ok, this definitely made me laugh.

As to Northwestern and their merits the fact that they had only one loss and were ranked #14 behind multiple 2 loss teams shows you all you need to know about how people regard them. All of those 2 loss teams would be double digit favorites over Northwestern and would quite probably beat them worse than OSU did today.

Ok, this definitely made me laugh.

As to Northwestern and their merits the fact that they had only one loss and were ranked #14 behind multiple 2 loss teams shows you all you need to know about how people regard them. All of those 2 loss teams would be double digit favorites over Northwestern and would quite probably beat them worse than OSU did today.
I’m no tosu fan so I don’t want to defend them. I just think they are one of 4 best teams but if they were left out, I wouldn’t lose sleep.

It kinda sux they only played 5-6 games but that’s on big 10 leadership, not them. Whether or not NW is over rated, again, not my battle.

We all know bama and Clemson are two best teams. We knew this a week ago, a month ago, we know this 6 months ago.

hey dip*hit it was a rhetorical question, the answer is no one!

I’m no tosu fan so I don’t want to defend them. I just think they are one of 4 best teams but if they were left out, I wouldn’t lose sleep.

It kinda sux they only played 5-6 games but that’s on big 10 leadership, not them. Whether or not NW is over rated, again, not my battle.

We all know bama and Clemson are two best teams. We knew this a week ago, a month ago, we know this 6 months ago.
so you do half the work and take half the risk as your co-worker, and get the same rewards? sound fair?

Reactions: Dan1911

Too bad. Al Gore beat you to it.

Ohio State would kick the ever living shit out of Cincinnati. It would not be close. And 6-0 against Ohio State's schedule is still more impressive than 9-0 against Cincinnati's.

If you want to argue six games isn't enough, okay. But let's please not extrapolate this to say Cincinnati is the better team (and no one is in this thread, but I've seen that sentiment in other threads). They are not.

Reactions: Ski11585
Ohio State would kick the ever living shit out of Cincinnati. It would not be close. And 6-0 against Ohio State's schedule is still more impressive than 9-0 against Cincinnati's.

If you want to argue six games isn't enough, okay. But let's please not extrapolate this to say Cincinnati is the better team (and no one is in this thread, but I've seen that sentiment in other threads). They are not.
That’s the argument. If not tosu, then who? Again, I’m no fan but this team, using the eye test, looks like a top 4 team.

It’s sucks the whole 6 game season thing, I get it but that’s on big 10.

Reactions: PharMorNightStocker
Can't wait to see what the committee decides. Ohio st has a nice offense, but, I don't believe they have a defense that compares to Clemson or Bama. I sort of hope they are left out so those that run that conference are made out to be idiots for trying to be leaders and cancel the season, only to come back and play, after the other major conferences did not follow suit.

Notre Dame once again checks in as pretenders, no surprise there. They just can't hang with the big boys. Everytime the believers get behind them, they get their hopes dashed. I have to say it makes me pretty happy. I guess they will get in. Although, a 1 loss A&M team played Alabama a much better game than the pretenders played against Clemson today.

Tired of the same ole same ole, but looks like we probably get no changes and wind up with the 4 that were expected to make it. Bama, Clemson, Ohio St., and ND. Undoubtedly, Clemson and Bama should be one and two, and should roll over either of the other two. Leaving us with a repeat of prior title games, with the exception of last year, where Joe Burrow got LSU to the top.

I like Clemson if it comes down to them and Bama. Only because I give them an edge on defense. Whose with me?

The teams that play 10-11 games have a much greater chance to get key players hurt than a team that plays 6 games. The big 10 thought that if they did not play this season no one else would, when they saw the interest from TV for the other conferences they said uh oh we better play. O$U would not have made the conference championship game in the SEC.

Reactions: WVUinColumbus
That’s the argument. If not tosu, then who? Again, I’m no fan but this team, using the eye test, looks like a top 4 team.

It’s sucks the whole 6 game season thing, I get it but that’s on big 10.
It may be on the B1G but that should be OSU’s problem. They are in the conference. It is a significant competitive disadvantage to conferences like ACC and XII who played 9-11 games and had markedly more opportunity for season ending injuries.

The teams that play 10-11 games have a much greater chance to get key players hurt than a team that plays 6 games. The big 10 thought that if they did not play this season no one else would, when they saw the interest from TV for the other conferences they said uh oh we better play. O$U would not have made the conference championship game in the SEC.
^^this

The announcer on ND game keep trying to justify tOSU. Give me a break tOSU looked like crap today. On a aside note the Pitt lost to Clemson doesn’t look that bad.
no, but their loss to ND sure does...

Although, a 1 loss A&M team played Alabama a much better game than the pretenders played against Clemson today.

Did they really? At the end of the first quarter Clemson led 7-3, Alabama led 14-7. At halftime Clemson led 24-3, Alabama led 35-14. At the end of the third quarter Clemson led 31-3, Alabama led 42-17. The final scores were Clemson 34-10 and Alabama 52-24.

I mean if you want to say that Texas A&M's offense at least looked like it could score some points then, yeah, I guess so. But then you would also have to say that it also looked like A&M's defense didn't have a snowballs chance in Hades of standing up to a good offense.

And then of course there is the fact that the Notre Dame - Clemson game last night wasn't actually the first time those teams played this season, and you have to take that into account as well. I am firmly in the Notre Dame hater club, but if the choice is between Notre Dame and Texas A&M this year there is one clear winner in that debate. And the committee got it right.

Reactions: TFBaum

I actually think Cincy would give them a much better game. Did you watch the game yesterday?
I don’t know that NW is better than Cincy.
But I do think OSU is one of the 4 best teams. I also don’t think they should be in the playoff for the reason you mentioned. This is obviously a strange season, and it’s not there fault they only
played 6 games. But it is also blatantly unfair to the other teams that did play 11 or 12 games.
From a common sense trying to be fair standpoint, I just don’t think they should have been eligible.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT