ADVERTISEMENT

Duzz time to go

She said last year was extremely disappointing. Can’t imagine what she thinks about this year.

What a disaster. We can't afford to fire him but this program will be in horrible shape if we don't.

He's horrible and next year is going to be a bonfire if he returns and firing him even then will be a huge financial disaster for Pitt athletics.

On top of all that, Pitt can only afford flashy coordinators as coaching hires. That clearly doesn't work. We need a proven HC but we won't have the resources to do that.

There really is no hope. He'll be back and whichever unproven guy we get in 2025 will be looking at a total rebuild, something that only incompetent organizations like Pitt put in the hands of unproven leadership.

Remember when you bozos were begging for an extension after the ACC Championship?

There was a reason the guy who just won that was still showing up 6th or 7th on some of these "ACC Coach Rankings" list. Everybody and their mother who have an ounce of objectivity knows a doofus caught lightning in a bottle.

He's going nowhere for at least three years. We could win zero games the next two years, and he'll be back in 2026. We just can't afford to burn $5.5M/year.

What a disaster. We can't afford to fire him but this program will be in horrible shape if we don't.

He's horrible and next year is going to be a bonfire if he returns and firing him even then will be a huge financial disaster for Pitt athletics.

On top of all that, Pitt can only afford flashy coordinators as coaching hires. That clearly doesn't work. We need a proven HC but we won't have the resources to do that.

There really is no hope. He'll be back and whichever unproven guy we get in 2025 will be looking at a total rebuild, something that only incompetent organizations like Pitt put in the hands of unproven leadership.

Lyke looks like a rock star because of the total ineptitude in that position for the past 40 years. In actuality she is average, just like the football coaches the past 40 years.

We don't know the details of the Narduzzi contract. I'm hoping she wasn't dumb enough to sign him to a one-sided deal with no hopes of escape. If so, she vaults to #1 on list of idiot AD's, which is really something given that Ed Bozik once sat in that chair.

Have you ever had a leak in your roof where the roofer says, we have to replace the roof, it’s the only way? You say to yourself, I can’t afford that, but you find a way because it’s your house. Use that logic here. I’m tired of hearing Pitt can’t afford things, and if Heather signed him to an extension she couldn’t afford to get out of, that’s on her.

Reactions: PittMiamiRivalry
Lyke looks like a rock star because of the total ineptitude in that position for the past 40 years. In actuality she is average, just like the football coaches the past 40 years.

We don't know the details of the Narduzzi contract. I'm hoping she wasn't dumb enough to sign him to a one-sided deal with no hopes of escape. If so, she vaults to #1 on list of idiot AD's, which is really something given that Ed Bozik once sat in that chair.
Jaynes and Barnes say “hold our beers. Our very expensive import beers, paid for by the moronic Pitt administration even as we fleeced it silly”

Remember when you bozos were begging for an extension after the ACC Championship?

There was a reason the guy who just won that was still showing up 6th or 7th on some of these "ACC Coach Rankings" list. Everybody and their mother who have an ounce of objectivity knows a doofus caught lightning in a bottle.

He's going nowhere for at least three years. We could win zero games the next two years, and he'll be back in 2026. We just can't afford to burn $5.5M/year.
There is 0 chance his contract is $5.5m/year. It was that amount before his extension. I guarantee he's got $45+ million left on his contract, if not $50+.

There is 0 chance his contract is $5.5m/year. It was that amount before his extension. I guarantee he's got $45+ million left on his contract, if not $50+.

There is a guaranteed portion and then bonuses and incentives. He supposedly made 4.8 total in 2021. He probably makes like 6.2 after everything now, but it shouldn't all be guaranteed.

Amen. We’ll see if this university is serious about really winning. Opinions abound, but fact is this HC and the [like 5th?] OC he chose (no disrespect to Powell who he’s held onto for too long and no apparent reason) have established their apex.
My opinion, and I’m an expert in my opinion…pay up and pay out, and…let’s go

And replace him with who!?

Answer that!

Who is coming to Pitt after you fire one of the most winning coaches in program history.

Nobody wanted the job before and nobody is going to want the job now.

And when I say nobody, I mean no ready-made coaches.

Reactions: CaptainMurphy
And replace him with who!?

Answer that!

Who is coming to Pitt after you fire one of the most winning coaches in program history.

Nobody wanted the job before and nobody is going to want the job now.

And when I say nobody, I mean no ready-made coaches.

It is a P5 job. Plenty will want it. It just won't be a big splashy hire. Just please no more coordinators from the big 10 who can barely put a sentence together in a press conference

It is a P5 job. Plenty will want it. It just won't be a big splashy hire. Just please no more coordinators from the big 10 who can barely put a sentence together in a press conference
That's what I'm saying. People are always quit to want to fire a guy and don't think of how hard it is to replace that position

Those 5+ years between Wanny and Duzz felt like 10!! And that's not even talking about the 90's where the program is still trying to find its footing

First off OSU isn't judging Heather on a bad football season. Pat unless something changes will be back he has been given an ultimatium that changes on the entire staff have to be made if he refuses then he will be replaced.

Reactions: pierre93
All the Lyle lovers can sleep easy after football goes 2-10; there’s no way Ohio St hires an AD coming off a 2-10 year.
She wasn't getting hired by O$U anyway. Let's bash her and don't even know what goes on behind the scenes.

Reactions: bschulter
And letsface it as a mid level donor. 6k a year duzz treats us like a steaming pile of feces. Hey duzz you better be damn good if you treat tbe donor base shitty

• Haha
Reactions: FireballZ
They've been getting evaluated
I'll take your word for it, I have zero information. But it seems odd to me that with his recent success here, that Lyke was anticipating the need to run /interfere with Narduzzi's program before this last couple games.

It's just all about dollars and cents. Pitt needs what it always needed, a strong player incentive program to get the best players every recruiting cycle.

Narduzzi is the right guy for this job. I've always stood by that

But he does need a strong conservation about who coaches the offensive side of the ball.

*Kind of like what Mr. Rooney needs to do with Tomlin*

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT