ADVERTISEMENT

Encouraging bracketology update from Jerry Palm

UPitt '89

Board of Trustee
Gold Member
Mar 14, 2002
He has Pitt as an 8th-seed in St. Louis after last night's game and their bubble status is "in for now".

The bad news is that he has us paired with one of the hottest teams in the nation, 9-seed Wisconsin.

And if we win that, we get one of the other hottest teams in the nation... 1-seed Xavier.

But still.... an 8-seed is a better spot than I thought we'd be in.

http://www.cbssports.com/collegebasketball/bracketology

Reactions: Cavalier Panther
Xavier would finish 5th or 6th in the ACC. However, matchups on this stuff is for amusement only for now.

I'd much rather be an 11 or 12 unless we can get a Big East team as a 1, who are more like a 3 or 4 seed. For example, aint no way Xavier or Nova is better than Louisville.

He has Pitt as an 8th-seed in St. Louis after last night's game and their bubble status is "in for now".

The bad news is that he has us paired with one of the hottest teams in the nation, 9-seed Wisconsin.

And if we win that, we get one of the other hottest teams in the nation... 1-seed Xavier.

But still.... an 8-seed is a better spot than I thought we'd be in.

http://www.cbssports.com/collegebasketball/bracketology

Same exact spot as last year.

Just need to win.

We need to win games we can win.

Reactions: Cavalier Panther

Just need to win.

We need to win games we can win.

One big difference.... we went into the final three games last year pretty much needing to win all 3.

This year, we probably only need to win 2... and maybe only 1, if it is Duke.

Reactions: cabe23
One big difference.... we went into the final three games last year pretty much needing to win all 3.

I know this sounds crazy and I have nothing statistically to back it up but I think Pitt might get in with just the one win at Vir,Tech. The ACC will get 7 teams. Louis is out - FSU is probably out - Clem if they lose to UVA is probably put - We beat Syr twice - Just can not let Vir.Tech or Geo.Tech back in - NC St, Wake and BC bottom dwellers. That puts us 6th or at worst 7th.

I believe we are more talented than Vir.Tech. With that being said, it will not be easy. They will be at home and Buzz can coach.

I'll take being an 8 seed and playing Xavier if we win our first game. Still a lot of work to be done but still another great opportunity this weekend for Pitt to make a statement and put a stamp on a decent seed in the NCCA's.

Yea, last year we needed to win all 3 and probably an ACCT game. This year, we need to go 2-2. But, also, the schedule was much easier LAST year

@ Wake vs Duke: no questiob

Miami vs @ VT: I think @ VT with Buzz is tougher

@ FSU vs @ GT: GT isnt too far from the bubble. FSU was bad last year.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT