ADVERTISEMENT

Fargo rosters

Going through the lists today on Flo and was very surprised Pitt wrestlers were going. Maybe a few more than Dylan will get signed up.

PA is not busing kids this year. Not sure how much that has to do with it.
PA never has the turnout for Fargo that it could. Not sure if it's just because we still tend to stress folkstyle over international styles or if it's that we're not as well-organized at the state level as others, like Illinois.
At any rate, the lack of buses definitely hurt this year. Fargo isn't an easy (or cheap) place to get to. I know a WPIAL mom who said it was $5,000 for her and two wrestlers to get there.

Last edited:
PA never has the turnout for Fargo that it could. Not sure if just because we still tend to stress folkstyle of international styles or if it's that we're not as well-organized at the state level as others, like Illinois.
At any rate, the lack of buses definitely hurt this year. Fargo isn't an easy (or cheap) place to get to. I know a WPIAL mom who said it was $5,000 for her and two wrestlers to get there.
There are a lot of things pulling PA wrestlers away from Fargo every year, just more this year.

Reactions: Eric_Knopsnyder
I was pushing Tebo to do Fargo, sometimes its just not in the cards due to timing, work, other family commitments, etc... I was shocked when both Yianni nad Burroughs posted on Twitter that they never did Fargo. Sometimes training for your personal goals > competing.

Was it pricey this year, yes, but same people I see complaining about cost also post about their vacations to Italy, Ireland, beach, and other places I can’t afford to go,lol.

Reactions: lucac
PA never has the turnout for Fargo that it could. Not sure if it's just because we still tend to stress folkstyle over international styles or if it's that we're not as well-organized at the state level as others, like Illinois.
That is not true. Back in the early 2000s we would send the likes of Jarrod King, Coleman Scott, and other top flight talent. In the last 20 years or so we do send less.

That is not true. Back in the early 2000s we would send the likes of Jarrod King, Coleman Scott, and other top flight talent. In the last 20 years or so we do send less.
I'm not saying we don't send any top-flight guys; we obviously do. I'm saying we don't send as many of our top guys as some states do. PA set Cadet scoring records the past two years, so we're very strong there, but there's a dropoff when it comes to Juniors.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT