ADVERTISEMENT

Florida State

Oct 25, 2021
Would a close loss to Louisville or beating Louisville in an ugly game and getting left out of the playoff be more heartbreaking? Trying to decide what I should be rooting for to maximize those Neanderthals' disappointment.

I think FSU is in with a win even if it’s the ugliest 1 point win possible. Will add that Louisville was briefly a 1 point favorite earlier, now I pretty much see the game at even everywhere.

I still can’t believe a team with Jack Plummer at QB is playing for a conference title.

I want fsu to win so we get complete choas and the sec hopefully left out of the playoff. We want the acc extra money
The SeC will get two teams in. The committee can make the case that Georgia and bama are both better than fsu at this point in time with a third string qb. Just because you go undefeated doesn’t make you a top 4 team. I would also argue Texas should go ahead of FSU.

• Haha
Reactions: MorningCoffee13
The SeC will get two teams in. The committee can make the case that Georgia and bama are both better than fsu at this point in time with a third string qb. Just because you go undefeated doesn’t make you a top 4 team. I would also argue Texas should go ahead of FSU.
I won't disagree with your take. You are probably going to be correct. My take is who I am rooting for as a pitt fan. I want the acc getting the extra playoff money.

Reactions: sjw5065
I think FSU is in with a win even if it’s the ugliest 1 point win possible. Will add that Louisville was briefly a 1 point favorite earlier, now I pretty much see the game at even everywhere.

I still can’t believe a team with Jack Plummer at QB is playing for a conference title.

Is this his last season? Plummer's Plumbing might be up and running by the Spring.

I won't disagree with your take. You are probably going to be correct. My take is who I am rooting for as a pitt fan. I want the acc getting the extra playoff money.
Absolutely. I want the money and chaos. Honestly, if they want to up ratings and hope for future they go mich, wash, fsu, Texas. If they want strictly blue bloods then mich, wash, Bama, Georgia.

Rodemaker would likely be back for the CFP Semifinal.

Playoffs
1. Michigan
2. Washington
3. Alabama
4. Texas

NY6
Orange- FSU vs Ohio State
Fiesta- Oregon vs SMU over Liberty
Sugar- Georgia vs Oklahoma
Peach- Penn State vs Missouri

FSU wins tonight but are the worst conference champions (do to Jordan Travis injury) sucks but it’s factual.
I also predict them getting left out reignites speculation that they’ll want out of the ACC

Reactions: jctrack
Booger just said at halftime what really matters..which is the results on the field...not who espn wants nor which team "looks the best."

So Texas beats the #19 team and FSU beats the #14 team so Texas jumps FSU? That doesn’t add up.

I agree. Although the win over Alabama also got a little more juice today. The only way it's possible is if the FSU game plays out... just about exactly how it is so far. Still unlikely.

So Michigan, Washington, FSU (with a win), and Liberty.
FSU will have 3 top 25 wins, the same number as Michigan, Alabama and Texas, if they win tonight. Florida State has the third highest strength of schedule in the country. Liberty has (not exaggerating) the worst strength of schedule in the country 130 of 130. That is apples and oranges.

Reactions: Parkview57
Playoffs
1. Michigan
2. Washington
3. Alabama
4. Texas

NY6
Orange- FSU vs Ohio State
Fiesta- Oregon vs SMU over Liberty
Sugar- Georgia vs Oklahoma
Peach- Penn State vs Missouri

FSU wins tonight but are the worst conference champions (do to Jordan Travis injury) sucks but it’s factual.
I also predict them getting left out reignites speculation that they’ll want out of the ACC

Updating my predictions

Sugar. Michigan vs Alabama
Rose. Washington vs Texas

Orange. FSU vs Georgia
Cotton. Mizzou vs Oklahoma
Fiesta. Oregon vs Ohio State
Peach. Penn State vs SMU

Same team’s different matchups

FSU will have 3 top 25 wins, the same number as Michigan, Alabama and Texas, if they win tonight. Florida State has the third highest strength of schedule in the country. Liberty has (not exaggerating) the worst strength of schedule in the country 130 of 130. That is apples and oranges.

Top 25 has always been an arbitrary number to me. It changes if you use top 10... or top 40, for that matter.

I know, but it's really silly. At the very least, beating Ohio State or Alabama should be weighted a hell of a lot differently from beating Louisville.
FSU has the third best strength of schedule and they are undefeated. I think it is a tough argument that they aren't one of the four most deserving teams if they win tonight. With that said, I don't think they are one of the best four without Travis.

Even though I am in the camp that an undefeated fsu should be in....our man Louis does make a valid point about the entire ranking system

FSU has the third best strength of schedule and they are undefeated. I think it is a tough argument that they aren't one of the four most deserving teams if they win tonight. With that said, I don't think they are one of the best four without Travis.

I don't know where you're getting that stat. They don't have anything remotely close to the 3rd highest SOS.

Wow, Iowa just got screwed. Arm coming forward or not, the refs blew the play dead. Yet gave Michigan the ball.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT