ADVERTISEMENT

Freshman Question

rockypanther

Athletic Director
Gold Member
Aug 10, 2001
@Vader_Storm @Chris Peak Could you see a lineup used at times next year with Lowe, Dior, Carrington, Hinson and G Diaz?

Or Lowe, Dior, Carrington, G Diaz and Fede.

Lowe and Dior seem similar to me. Pretty quick but not super fast first steps. Good body control and can finish. Good 3 point shooters. Can see the court to pass. Good in transition. I only saw a little of Carrington’s videos but he looks a few inches taller and more physically stronger than the other two freshman. Can shoot from outside and seems to have a nice little pull up mid range game. Plays with nice pace. A young Burton with a better outside shot.

Guess I worry about defense. But with the two bigs in we could still protect the rim.

@Vader_Storm @Chris Peak Could you see a lineup used at times next year with Lowe, Dior, Carrington, Hinson and G Diaz?

Lowe and Dior seem similar to me. Pretty quick but not super fast first steps. Good body control and can finish. Good 3 point shooters. Can see the court to pass. Good in transition. I only saw a little of Carrington’s videos but he looks a few inches taller and more physically stronger than the other two freshman. Can shoot from outside and seems to have a nice little pull up mid range game. Plays with nice pace. A young Burton with a better outside shot.

Guess I worry about defense. But with the two bigs in we could still protect the rim.
Sure. Maybe not a starting lineup but with how positions are interchangeable now we are liable to see anything during the course of a given game.

Sure. Maybe not a starting lineup but with how positions are interchangeable now we are liable to see anything during the course of a given game.
Yeah that’s what I was thinking maybe like 10-12 minutes a game. Because we obviously need a good 25 minutes with Hinson out there too. And 1-2 transfer guard/wings. But I think those 3 freshman could be nice with Asia and Fede not next year but the year after when Fede is a senior. But always also depends on the stupid postal.

As you said, depends on who they land in the portal. But if they don't land a PG, I would think we'll definitely see a good amount of Dior and Lowe on the court together, and if that's the case I'm sure we'll at times see Carrington out there with them.

Last edited:

We are a long way from having next year’s roster set. Conjecture at this time really not warranted.

We are a long way from having next year’s roster set. Conjecture at this time really not warranted.
Regardless, my questions was can three three play on the court for extended situations in a game. I know we will probably get a starting point guard out of the postal but they aren’t playing 40 minutes a game.

Regardless, my questions was can three three play on the court for extended situations in a game. I know we will probably get a starting point guard out of the postal but they aren’t playing 40 minutes a game.

We don't even know who is going to be here next year. Johnson may not be here and the freshmen haven't been on the court in Pitt uniforms yet and may never get here. Until all of that is settled in this goofy college sports environment, I don't count on anything happening or anyone being here. It's all speculation.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT