ADVERTISEMENT

Friermuth is ass

he's an average te, cant really block but decent route runner with average hands. def belongs on an nfl roster, but we over drafted him and really shouldnt have extended him.

he's a dime a dozen tight end - six for a nickel.
Agree and Agree and Agree!!

he's an average te, cant really block but decent route runner with average hands. def belongs on an nfl roster, but we over drafted him and really shouldnt have extended him.

he's a dime a dozen tight end.
I can't bury him too much as a decent receiver on a table that lacks them. He's not explosive but he's generally solid and I'd really like him if he was a better blocker. The fan base overrates him. But I dunno if he's really one of their issues, you know? The guy would probably thrive with a top QB throwing to him.

To me, Darnell Washington and Calvin Austin were both wildly overdrafted. And yes, I know each has scored 1 of their few TDs this year. But they spent a 3rd round pick on a blocking tight end with a bum knee. And Austin is just too tiny to really ever be a consistent weapon as a receiver. He'll do what he did this week and then be invisible for the next 5 games.

I was at the game and glad they took the cuffs off Fields as the game went on. I don't like him at all as a player...but he's a vet with 40-odd starts in the NFL. Calling plays like he was a 6th round rookie was insanity. He turns the ball over no doubt, but you also have to let your QB throw it around. Tomlin has gotten exceedingly risk-adverse as he's gotten older, and I just don't know if they're ever really going to have a lot of offensive success under his watch again. Killer Bs seems like 20 years ago.

I can't bury him too much as a decent receiver on a table that lacks them. He's not explosive but he's generally solid and I'd really like him if he was a better blocker. The fan base overrates him. But I dunno if he's really one of their issues, you know? The guy would probably thrive with a top QB throwing to him.

To me, Darnell Washington and Calvin Austin were both wildly overdrafted. And yes, I know each has scored 1 of their few TDs this year. But they spent a 3rd round pick on a blocking tight end with a bum knee. And Austin is just too tiny to really ever be a consistent weapon as a receiver. He'll do what he did this week and then be invisible for the next 5 games.

I was at the game and glad they took the cuffs off Fields as the game went on. I don't like him at all as a player...but he's a vet with 40-odd starts in the NFL. Calling plays like he was a 6th round rookie was insanity. He turns the ball over no doubt, but you also have to let your QB throw it around. Tomlin has gotten exceedingly risk-adverse as he's gotten older, and I just don't know if they're ever really going to have a lot of offensive success under his watch again. Killer Bs seems like 20 years ago.
Or it’s simply QBs who lack the ability to throw down field consistently with accuracy ?

Coaches play to the strengths and weaknesses of their personnel and the opponent .

Its not a coincidence we threw to win when facing 9 in the box -
Then they backed out and we ran down their throats .

no one said to bury him but just that he's about as vanilla a TE as you will see. just another example in a long list of bad draft picks by our beloved steelers..

no clue why we double downed on this and extended him. you could have gotten the same value and production for a much lesser price..

several media outlets ranked him the 15th best TE in the league coming into this season. Yet the stinking media in this town somehow convinced themselves that he was actually a viable #2 wide reciever after the ayuk debacle occurred

several media outlets ranked him the 15th best TE in the league coming into this season. Yet the stinking media in this town somehow convinced themselves that he was actually a viable #2 wide reciever after the ayuk debacle occurred
well in all fairness, being the steelers second Receiving option isnt saying much since we really dont have a WR besides pickens..

i called Van Jefferson just this year's version of Allen Robinson and man, that seems to be actually highballing Jefferson as he cant even be that. loved seeing CA3 break one but he's not a WR2.. Roman Wilson cant get healthy soon enough.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT