ADVERTISEMENT

GAME THREAD - Pitt vs UNC ......

I don't want any of Dixons recruits, haven't for years , this pg will be serviceable next year, the rest are same old same old. Time to hire Archie.

Reactions: PittPoker
A big contract won't buy Dixon more than one more year, sorry fanboys
Actually why do we need a head coach when the players play this poorly turnovers, missed shots, missed ft's. poor decisions, lack of effort, etc.
Save the bucks going forward and just put them out there!
Just kidding but the staff doesn't seem to be making much of a difference!

17 offensive rebounds and losing by 20. We have the worst offensive scheme as 8've ever seen,

Nice comment on tv, no-one out there playing defense. That's our Pitt team.

Young and Artis, please leave after the season and go overseas and play. This program needs to flush three juniors out along with the seniors who are departing. Bring in some tougher kids and rebuild for two years. Bringing these clowns back will only produce the same results next year.

How do you get 17 offensive rebounds and turn those into only 6 points?

That's freaking amazing.

By turning the ball over 19 times, 6 by Young, and not having a clue how to play defense (60% shooting for UNC).

Seriously, if I were Dixon, I'd not start either Young or Artis for the rest of the season until they figure out how to play defense. If they can't figure it out, use them sparingly unless we are up by 20+ on somebody. Someone needs to light a fire under these guys. Start Jeter, Maia, Luther, Wilson and Robinson. At least I see these guys giving an effort and trying to play some defense sometimes. Then first off the bench would be Johnson, Nelson-Ododa.

Reactions: Pav9870
Bullshit- no one wanted Artis and Young - what they wanted was a Nasir with BB skills
The knock on Robinson was that he was too small and could not shoot. Artis and Young both fit the bill of taller players who can shoot. And Nasir had plenty of basketball skills - shooting was not his strong suit.

The knock on Robinson was that he was too small and could not shoot. Artis and Young both fit the bill of taller players who can shoot. And Nasir had plenty of basketball skills - shooting was not his strong suit.

The knock on Robinson was that he didn't have either the shot or the handle to play the game further than five feet from the basket and he didn't have the height to play the game within five feet of the basket. He gave us everything he had, but given his talent he didn't have any position on the court that he could play other than the four and he was way too small to be an effective four.

]The knock on Robinson was that he didn't have either the shot or the handle to play the game further than five feet from the basket and he didn't have the height to play the game within five feet of the basket. He gave us everything he had, but given his talent he didn't have any position on the court that he could play other than the four and he was way too small to be an effective four.[/QUOTE]
I didn't mean to get into an analysis of Nasir's game, just wanted to point out the irony of people now wanting players more like him, when at the time many wanted players more like the ones we have now. There are very few players who do everything well, and it is easy to complain about what a player can't do

]The knock on Robinson was that he didn't have either the shot or the handle to play the game further than five feet from the basket and he didn't have the height to play the game within five feet of the basket. He gave us everything he had, but given his talent he didn't have any position on the court that he could play other than the four and he was way too small to be an effective four.
I didn't mean to get into an analysis of Nasir's game, just wanted to point out the irony of people now wanting players more like him, when at the time many wanted players more like the ones we have now. There are very few players who do everything well, and it is easy to complain about what a player can't do[/QUOTE]
If MY and JA had Nasir's desire, we may actually be good.

Robinson is a big PG. His size is certainly not a detriment and you're the first person to ever suggest that as a "knock" against him. Artis is a wing who should be able to shoot and Young is a 4. WTF are you talking about?

Reactions: The Sisco Kid
Robinson is a big PG. His size is certainly not a detriment and you're the first person to ever suggest that as a "knock" against him. Artis is a wing who should be able to shoot and Young is a 4. WTF are you talking about?

He's talking about Naz Robinson, not James Robinson. Hence why the second sentence there says "Nasir" in it.

D'oh!

Ahhhhhhhhhh......I see.........

Question-was Nas referenced in another post before that? Or did he just throw that name out there?
Someone mentioned that we need tough players like Chevy and Nasir, and I was pointing out that when we had Nasir, some wanted more skilled and bigger players. Now that we have them, we want what Nasir had and that they don't.

Someone mentioned that we need tough players like Chevy and Nasir, and I was pointing out that when we had Nasir, some wanted more skilled and bigger players. Now that we have them, we want what Nasir had and that they don't.
Missed all that completely. My bad.

Dave,
We are some of the most ardent Jamie supporters around but it's hard to defend this roster he has assembled, this completely clueless coaching staff and the precipitous fall from a #1 seed to this performance where our guys look absolutely scared to death and cant make a layup to save their live's. If Barnes and Gallagher don't INSIST that a veteran, former HC with recruiting ties in Philly, NY and DC is added in the offseason I'll be completely stunned. Hard to watch this mess. This ain't the Pitt basketball I'm used to: a bunch a soft as tissue paper, finger-pointin finesse players gettin pushed around the ACC. Wow!

And the hired gun recruiting guy that we got is from Detroit/Big Ten country. What the hell Jamie?

When is the last time we had a PG that can cross over dribble? No penetration so you have to rely on the outside shot and that is never going to work once the opposition realizes this!

And the hired gun recruiting guy that we got is from Detroit/Big Ten country. What the hell Jamie?
Inexcusable poor hire in my opinion. What has Smoke done? Zero Family recruits. Zero buzz around him. Tired of the "give the guy 4 years" crap. You can either recruit or you can't. Pretty simple.

When is the last time we had a PG that can cross over dribble? No penetration so you have to rely on the outside shot and that is never going to work once the opposition realizes this!
We've got G's who go sideways off picks at the FT line rather than attacking the basket & finesse forwards who set picks a 5 year old girl could get through. I'm sure Lett is throwing up in his mouth watching this bunch a Mr. Softies play Pitt basketball.

Putting the cart before the horse a bit -- you increase the amount of shots that go in by making sure you get quality shot opportunities, THEN hitting said shots. The REAL question is why AREN'T the Panthers getting those quality looks?

Artis has been the worst Panther today.
He's been the biggest waste of talent Pitt has ever had. So lazy. Props to Jamie for sending a message sitting Young to start the game, but no way in hell Artis deserves to keep starting. Totally agree with you there.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT