ADVERTISEMENT

GAME THREAD - Pitt vs UNC ......

We are currently 2-6 from the line, 33%. Obviously that is why we are losing.
No. It's not why we're losing.... it's not close. But FT misses at critical times swing momentum. And JRob's misses ended our little run and killed our momentum.

It's not the points that were lost alone... it is the swing in momentum it caused back to UNC.

The game effectively ended with those misses and the 30 seconds that followed.

It was a pivotal point in the game.

You do realize that offensive rebounding can lead to the scoring you're referring to I hope? I realize he's not walking on to that floor any time soon nor is anyone like him but see Blair, DeJuan. Ultimately scoreboard counts but rebounding is important.
Sure it's important but guess what.... If you make the shot you don't need a rebound, so ultimately scoring is more important than rebounding.

No. It's not why we're losing.... it's not close. But FT misses at critical times swing momentum. And JRob's misses ended our little run and killed our momentum.

It's not the points that were lost alone... it is the swing in momentum it caused back to UNC.

The game effectively ended with those misses and the 30 seconds that followed.

It was a pivotal point in the game.
Lousy teams find a new way to lose every game

When the 2 players that have been your best players all year and have been recognized as the core of this team just become awful defenders and turnover machines and can't score, then you need to bench them and play the kids who want to play the game.

2-9 from Free throw land...remember when they were leading the nation?...what a freakin joke.

A 30-11 run happened following the two misses by Robinson.

That moment was the high water mark of the game for Pitt... it all went down hill from there.

so many unforced turnovers, just play the young guys the rest of this game.

Young has had the worst 15-PT performance I've ever seen.

I think the message next game needs to be Artis and Young on the bench for the first 10 minutes of the game.

They are selfish and soft. They are not taking advantage of their natural talent.

A closer score puts game pressure on the opposition. . Something experts talk about all the time.

The misses deflate your team at a time when the points are critical, and help the other team relax.

Of course that's true. But the idea that missing those foul shots had anything to do with what happened two possessions later is silly. How do you know if he had made those foul shots that North Carolina wouldn't have come down and hit two threes in a row instead of two twos? Or any of a myriad of other possibilities? I could see if Pitt missed a long three that turned into a long rebound that caused a runout for a fast break layup saying that the missed shot was partly responsible for the next basket. But that isn't what happened at all. After the missed foul shot Pitt was back in plenty of time playing defense. The problem is that they can't play defense, not that they missed the foul shot.

Hey thanks for the enlightenment there Joe. Don't think I was suggesting FTs have much bearing on why we're losing today.
We have the best FT% of any recent Pitt team, how good is this team because of that? Game, set, match. I would rather shoot 65% and have the Blair, Young, LeVance team.

A big contract won't buy Dixon more than one more year, sorry fanboys

Where's the money gonna come from to but him out AND get that great coach?

Listen I'm as po'ed as anyone right now but the only way Dixon goes anywhere in the next 2 years is if he resigns or takes another job.

When the 2 players that have been your best players all year and have been recognized as the core of this team just become awful defenders and turnover machines and can't score, then you need to bench them and play the kids who want to play the game.
Nice job by the HC . Team getting worse by the game. Best indicator of pi$$ poor coaching

Reactions: PittPoker
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT