ADVERTISEMENT

Game Thread

JWF is $$$$
Hit two 3's , got the D to come out and then throws a good pass.

He needs to change his name to Jared f'n Wilson Frame.

Central Arkansas came to play tonight.
Pitt hustles on D. Gotta like that. Just have to hit more open shots.

Reactions: PittSqueak
We were down 17-8, have been on a nice 20-8 run, but we definitely have to hit more open shots. Could/should be up 10+ at the break.

Reactions: PittCity
Refs are questionable at best so far, Ellison needs to stop going to the hole and getting rejected.

I sure hope there was something said on the Johnson technical... the little flip of the hand didn't seem to warrant the T. I am watching on a phone and my eyes aren't what they used to be.

Where is all the fans ? Missing a good team here.

To be fair I'm in Philly watching on TV, but I'm wondering the same thing. Definitely a scarred fanbase, but I remember seeing more people at the Field House in the early Howland days.

We’re good.

I mean sometimes you win early season games due to poor competition and you can tell both teams suck. Not the case here.

The talent difference versus last year is staggering. If you haven’t fired up your computer yet to watch, you may be suprised,

Night and day compared to last year. I'll temper my excitement until the level of competition goes up, but it could be a surprising year.

To be fair I'm in Philly watching on TV, but I'm wondering the same thing. Definitely a scarred fanbase, but I remember seeing more people at the Field House in the early Howland days.

Weather isn’t good. Snowing and I think some places had the dreaded wintery mix. I almost fell on my ass when I stepped outside this morning and it’s “slippy” all around town tonite from what I’ve heard.

Most encouraging part of this Pitt team, is when they need a stop , they get it.
They can play Defense, if they feel like it.

Reactions: PittInMissouri
I feel bad for Kham Davis. These young guys make him look like he doesn't belong. I think he can be a valuable bench guy though

Missouri only beat Central Arkansas by 13.
The betting line had Pitt by 14.
Our biggest win last year was by 21.

Win by 26.
Pitt is it!

Reactions: PittInMissouri
Weather sucks here too.

Tough to judge defense in a blowout. Was good at times when it was closer, but there were some lapses too. Will likely be a WIP and improve as the year goes on, but again, things look encouraging. Looks like they have the talent and desire to get better at it.

I feel bad for Kham Davis. These young guys make him look like he doesn't belong. I think he can be a valuable bench guy though

I disagree. His help defense was very easy to notice as was his length. He definitely looks like he belongs to me. You shouldn't expect many points because he's just not very high in the pecking order with all of the talented freshmen firing on all cylinders.

I agree. They're basically better and on top of that quicker. He is in the
rotation, but he's definitely behind not only the three freshmen, but also
Frame, Ellison, and Sydy. Include the two bigs, and he's at best ninth
man in the rotation. More than anything that shows the talent level of
last year's team compared to this year's team.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT