ADVERTISEMENT

Game Thread

Excellent response by the Panthers! OSU might throw for 500 yards today, but Pitt might run for 500.

Nice pass by Peterman on that drive. Have to give him credit on that one.

Looks like Rudolph using a clap cadence. So far no crying from Gundy.

That's what we need, never gonna stop this team at all without pressuring the qb.

Assume there will be adjustments on D. Bringing 3-4 isn't getting it done. Time for PITT to pound out an 8 minute drive for a TD.

Reactions: Pittx9
Blewitt off the schnide from 48! 10-7 Panthers. Going to need 50 to win this one.

I don't like this play calling at all. OK St. pass defense is a complete joke, no reason to not take more of a chance on 2nd and 3rd down with 6 yards to go.

Reactions: PittPoker
Chris made it. Barely. And I'm still not a huge Hall fan. 2 plays in a row to him and the offense stalled. Keep going to Henderson. Throw it to him. He consistently gets open.

Interesting they are going right after Maddox this game, it's not like we have Lester Hayes on the other side.

Maddox is just overmatched. Been that way his whole Pitt career. Needed to be 5 inches taller and he'd be in the NFL next year.

Do coaches actually coach defensive backs to turn their head and look for the football? I am beginning to wonder, I see it too often where cornerbacks do not turn their heads and play the ball

Interesting to watch a team that loves to throw the ball with wreckless abandon. Hope PITT can take advantage with some TOs.

Ok. State can get pass interference on almost every deep pass they throw, the cornerbacks do not play the ball they don't turn their heads around

Ok. State can get pass interference on almost every deep pass they throw, the cornerbacks do not play the ball they don't turn their heads around
You can tell this team is simply not used to playing a pass-first team. Even Whitehead is struggling in coverage.

Reactions: pittman71
It's a shame all those highly recruited freshman DB's are not good enough to play. Gundy made very good use of watching game film on us.

Do coaches actually coach defensive backs to turn their head and look for the football? I am beginning to wonder, I see it too often where cornerbacks do not turn their heads and play the ball

LOL... I suspect that it is harder than you think, especially in man to man coverage. You turn your head for a split second in the middle of a double move against receivers with 4.3 speed then you are burnt easily for a touchdown. The receiver knows when and where the ball is going. The DB does not. He has to read the receiver's hips and hands.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT