ADVERTISEMENT

Gueye to Pitt

We have already seen all the players returning play unselfishly with the possible exception of Hugley.

Payton was content to play half the game at his powerhouse JC. Burton is coming to his third school. Gueye is coming from Stonybrook and interviewers have been impressed by him as a person.Olidapo is coming from Oakland. Santos is a not heavily recruited freshman.

This is a starless team. It is much more likely these guys move the ball, play defense and give consistent effort than the bunch that has departed.

Our Coach needs to take advantage of those characteristics.

If we don’t see that, I will be extremely disappointed.

I agree. If this group can play some defense, even a little bit better than last year's group, and give some effort, we'll be improved. I haven't seen that from any Pitt teams in the last 4 years.

Reactions: gary2
I'm glad you're that optimistic about next year's Pitt team. Sorry to say, I don't see it. Every year, you guys come on here and predict we're going to win more than 3 or 4 games in the ACC and every year since Dixon left, we're one of the bottom 3 teams. And all we hear are excuses and pie in the sky dreams. If we win more than 3 ACC games this year, I'll be very surprised. And remember, for us to be making some kind of progress under Capel in his 4th year, we'd have to be winning at least 7 - 8 games this year in the ACC and getting an NIT bid. That's not going to happen unless suddenly Capel changes his philosophies and coaching and we get an influx of high level recruits before the beginning of the season.

I'll sit back and be realistic about Pitt basketball for now. At least until I see when we can get some decent recruits that can compete and a better coach, or a coach who quits making excuses for his poor coaching.

But you did get one thing right...we ain't very good. All the way around.
Optimistic?? Are you nuts?
If you really understood my
post, you'd realize that I was
talking about how bad the
ACC has become...especially
the teams I mentioned. I've
been as negative as anyone
on here about this team.

"Every year you guys come on
here and predict 3 or 4 wins
in the ACC." Hmmmm.....those
"guys" you criticized were