ADVERTISEMENT

Gueye to Pitt

I would have rather had Soriano than Gueye, , but I will take Gueye

I would have rather had Bickerstaff than Olidapo, but I will take Olidapo.

I prefer Burton to West, If Burton is eligible.

OK with the roster as it stands (if Burton is eligible)

We have a roster, even though a starless roster.

Lets see what Jeff can do with it.

We are a pretty experienced team.

Any chance Justin changes his mind?

Last edited:

I'd go with 0% chance JC changes his mind. They really haven't added anything more to make the team more competitive.

I'd go with 0% chance JC changes his mind. They really haven't added anything more to make the team more competitive.
1st Horton, Femi & Sibande will be the teams leading scorers (avg 50 pts by the 3)! 2nd if these kids can gel together, unlike last season, I see a winning team!

Nice get and I doubt that JC is done .

Last yrs team was dysfunctional , too much internal chaos .

1st Horton, Femi & Sibande will be the teams leading scorers (avg 50 pts by the 3)! 2nd if these kids can gel together, unlike last season, I see a winning team!
Gueye is a solid addition. I don’t think those 3 could average 50 PPG in the MAC and this isn’t the mighty ducks. We’d need several players to take huge leaps forward to be a competitive team night in and out.

No chance Justin changes his mind and I would have rather had West than Burton.

We will just have to see what JC can do with these guys. To escape one of the bottom three spots in the ACC, he's going to need to help this team achieve above the sum of their parts.

We will just have to see what JC can do with these guys. To escape one of the bottom three spots in the ACC, he's going to need to help this team achieve above the sum of their parts.
Yep. West much better defensively, probably better offensively and actually eligible for sure. no comparison

Reactions: Jeffburgh

Greater than the sum is exactly the type of team they have. The question is if they can do it or not.

Solid, perhaps, but he's still an ACC backup player.
I agree, he's an ACC backup.
However, I do believe he's better
than both Brown and Coulibaly.
So, couple Gueye with Hugely,
and IMO we're better inside than
we were last year at season's end.
BTW, Capel still has another
schollie available,...you never know.

As far as those three guards
averaging 50 ppg,....forget it.
35 as you mentioned, that's
possible..... possible but not
a given.

My hope.....Jeffress makes that
great leap forward that we often
talk about on here. I feel he has
the most talent of any of our
players.

I've never been known as a Pitt optimist, quite the opposite, but you're even making me seem like one by comparison. Maybe you're right about this guy, and all of your opinions these last months, but it's been a real bummer to see you find a dark cloud in every silver lining lately. It's almost like people gave you a ton of unnecessary crap because you were happy when we beat Duke and said Pitt was back and now you're making up for that. I dunno, but as somebody who used to look forward to your posts I generally feel the opposite now. I still like you tho. 🙂

I've never been known as a Pitt optimist, quite the opposite, but you're even making me seem like one by comparison. Maybe you're right about this guy, and all of your opinions these last months, but it's been a real bummer to see you find a dark cloud in every silver lining lately. It's almost like people gave you a ton of unnecessary crap because you were happy when we beat Duke and said Pitt was back and now you're making up for that. I dunno, but as somebody who used to look forward to your posts I generally feel the opposite now. I still like you tho. 🙂
DT has covid fatigue

You are probably right, I’m hoping he can give maybe 15-20 minutes a game and block a few shots while contesting some others. Expecting anything more than 5 points a game from him is extremely optimistic, but I do think they are a slightly better team today with him than they were yesterday without him.

You only have West for one year. Burton has more eligibility, provides a lot more size, played better competition, and has position flexibility. If Burton is eligible this year, then hopefully we get 2 good productive seasons from him.

I like the add, and think it fits the general mold of the other pieces we’ve added this offseason.

There’s no doubt about it: as currently constructed it’s a team with limited offensive upside unless a bunch of guys take pretty significant steps forward. They’ll probably go through stretches where we’ll have serious trouble scoring the basketball, especially in conference play.

BUT, that said, I think it looks like a team that has a little more cohesive identity, it’s going to be a little more mature, a little more savvy, and a lot more unpleasant for other teams to try to score against. I think that could be fun to watch, and will alleviate some of the headaches we’ve experienced over the past few years (though those headaches might be replaced by some others).

I agree, he's an ACC backup.
However, I do believe he's better
than both Brown and Coulibaly.
So, couple Gueye with Hugely,
and IMO we're better inside than
we were last year at season's end.
BTW, Capel still has another
schollie available,...you never know.

As far as those three guards
averaging 50 ppg,....forget it.
35 as you mentioned, that's
possible..... possible but not
a given.

My hope.....Jeffress makes that
great leap forward that we often
talk about on here. I feel he has
the most talent of any of our
players.
2 more schollies. Sibande's doesn't count against the 13.

The three guards averaged;
Horton 8.9ppg, Sibande 6.9,
Femi 6.6. So to expect "50"
per game is nuts. Even 15,
10,and 10 is a stretch...and
that would only be 35ppg
for those three. But for
arguments sake, let's go
with the 35ppg.

What REALLY stands out
to me is Brown at 2.5ppg,
and Coulibaly at 5.2. THAT
is awful! Their rebounding
Brown at 2.7 and Coulibaly
at 3.9 was equally bad. It's
important to note that Hugley
as a true frosh in very limited
minutes averaged basically
the same as Coulibaly in points
and averaged more rebounds
than both of them. So, put
Hugley and Gueye together
and we're immediately better
than Brown and Coulibaly.

That's optimistic, but also
realistic IMO.

2 more schollies. Sibande's doesn't count against the 13.
My concern with this line of thought has been that you’d better be looking at a grad transfer for that extra scholarship for balance purposes, and you’re probably looking at a pretty marginal player to sign up to be the 14th scholarship guy for a team that isn’t going to be picked to be in too many preseason NCAA tournament fields.

I think it might just make more sense to get a 13th guy who can help you, and then throw that extra scholarship at Ezeawudo who’s given you yeoman’s work over the past few years.

Reactions: TurdFerguson80085
In my above post comparing
Coulibaly and Brown vs Gueye
and Hugley it's obvious that
I see a stronger inside game.
Of course we're losing two
very good rebounders in
Camp and Toney. I'm hoping
that the addition of Oladapo
will help offset that. He is
supposedly both a strong
rebounder and defensive
player.

As for Champ and Toney's
scoring, we're gonna have
to do that by committee.
Again, I'm hoping Jeffress
also fills some of that void.

In my above post comparing
Coulibaly and Brown vs Gueye
and Hugley it's obvious that
I see a stronger inside game.
Of course we're losing two
very good rebounders in
Camp and Toney. I'm hoping
that the addition of Oladapo
will help offset that. He is
supposedly both a strong
rebounder and defensive
player.

As for Champ and Toney's
scoring, we're gonna have
to do that by committee.
Again, I'm hoping Jeffress
also fills some of that void.
Nike was good for about 15 ppl at a lower level. Maybe he can gives us around that.

Burton was good for 10 ppl at Wichita State.

Odukale will see his scoring rise with X gone. He has shown the ability to score in a number of ways.

Payton only played half games at Indian Hills. His stats are not truly reflective of his scoring.

I think Olidapo will score less than he did at Oakland. Not sure his post moves translate to ACC play.

Last edited:
Nike was good for about 15 ppl at a lower level. Maybe he can gives us around that.

Burton was good for 10 ppl at Wichita State.

Odukale will see his scoring rise with X gone. He has shown the ability to score in a number of ways.

Payton only played half games at Indian Hills. His stats are not truly reflective of his scoring.

I think Olidapo will score less than he did at Oakland. Not sure his post moves translate to ACC play.
Guards 30-35

Forwards. 25 (need Jeffress help here)

Centers 10-15

That would be great if he
does. What a lot of people
on here are assuming is that
he, Horton, and Femi will
all start. Maybe they will,
but we have some pieces
now that we didn't have
not long ago. IMO Hugley,
Gueye, and Olidapo are
possibilities as is my
predicted break out player,
Jeffress. BTW Olidapo is