ADVERTISEMENT

Some Thoughts

Why are we talking about Prime and UC? I’m talking about Nardummy and Pitt.

But since you brought it up, what do you think the difference is between Prime’s quote about bringing his Louis, and Duzz’s quote yesterday? You’re a solid wordsmith and a big context guy, so this one should be a layup for you.

Sanders actually just said something similar AGAIN yesterday. My point is that the media either backs off him or applauds him for telling it like it is, yet Narduzzi's much less overt comment is the worst thing that's ever been said.

Reactions: pittdan77
The suckage may be stuff we don’t see - outside of gametime - you know, practice and actually learning your position to play it fast. Duzz may be at a tipping point with - I know - players he recruited but players who aren’t coachable. Who knows. But his quotes are out of frustration. It’s so 2020’s to shove microphones in coaches and players’s faces. And it’s so 2020’s to cut and edit snippets for consumption. Always looking for the next Dennis Green moment. Sounds like an apology but I ain’t like that.

Sanders actually just said something similar AGAIN yesterday. My point is that the media either backs off him or applauds him for telling it like it is, yet Narduzzi's much less overt comment is the worst thing that's ever been said.

Well I think Sanders has been ripped on a lot for some of the things he's said and done, however one difference is that Sanders has also shown that he can go to the portal and bring in better players than the ones he had, and Narduzzi has shown no such recruiting prowess.

But when Sanders said after the Oregon game "Get me now, because this is as bad as we're ever going to be," that's just Deion being silly?

And when he says he's bringing his own luggage and it's LV, that's just Deoin being frank?
Last night Sanders said (paraphrasing) "we don't have good enough talent at some positions." Rhetorical question only - how is that different than what many are interpreting Narduzzi said? It isn't. Yet he didn't make the news and the posters here still love him.

Reactions: pittdan77
Well I think Sanders has been ripped on a lot for some of the things he's said and done, however one difference is that Sanders has also shown that he can go to the portal and bring in better players than the ones he had, and Narduzzi has shown no such recruiting prowess.

He was a little over the summer (but he was also lauded quite a bit). But he's said two things since that haven't made the front page of ESPN, because I guess it's just Deion being Deion. But people are acting like Narduzzi leaped over the podium and ate a baby. Should he have said what he said? No. Like I'm not completely defending it, and he's always good for saying some stupid things. I just feel like the backlash is a bit much.

He was a little over the summer (but he was also lauded quite a bit). But he's said two things since that haven't made the front page of ESPN, because I guess it's just Deion being Deion. But people are acting like Narduzzi leaped over the podium and ate a baby. Should he have said what he said? No. I just feel like the backlash is a bit much.

Well that's because you are a Pitt fan on a Pitt board. I can guarantee you that your average Auburn or Utah fan doesn't give a rat's arse about what stupid comment Pat Narduzzi made yesterday.

While we’re talking Colorado football I think they are in a good spot next week against an Oregon St team that pretty much saw their hopes for a dream season end last night. If Colorado loses this one they could very well finish 4-8, the same record as 2 years ago. I will be playing them if the number is reasonable.

Just took Colorado +13, was about what I expected.

FSU opens at -21 BTW.

That’s a non-answer.

The difference is Deion said that about a roster slapped together quickly and composed mostly of first year transfers he’d never even met and players that the last failed coach and staff left for him, Mr. Stability, now in Year 9, said it about his own guys—guys he has recruited into his own program and personally mentored, spent countless hours with, and coached in many cases for several years.

Just took Colorado +13, was about what I expected.

FSU opens at -21 BTW.

I thought it would be between 22.5 and 23.5. But it was 20.5 at Wake, and we're about on par with them (lost by 4 on the road), so I guess 21 isn't shocking. Thought they might take the possibility of us quitting into at least a little more consideration, though.

This. It be resolved today when Narduzzi gets in front of the team and says something like:

"You guys know I'm a dumbass with the press. Here's what I was trying to say."

How many times have you read about a player saying "That's just Coach Duzzi." The whole story will be nothing after today except the haters here who will continue to use it to bash him.

Stupid haters. Bashing a 2 win coach that is telling the media after a complete beat down that he is personally responsible for recruiting a team with poor talent.

That's my point. They're solid/good complementary pieces. The guys like Kancey and Dennis around them make everyone look better. That's what we are missing. It doesn't mean that everyone else sucks, though. It means we're lacking special players.

And if you think we're going to find those special players in the portal, you're a f*cking moron. Maybe one out of every 12 or so. There is a much better chance of guys like Bass, Neal, Okunlola, Whittington, Brewu, Baer, etc. developing into those players.

So anyone who wants to run the whole team off is a dumbass.

You mentioned DeShields. If he transfers, wanna bet on where he ends up? You seem to think it would be James Madison or something. And I'm willing to bet it would be a school that is better than or equal to Pitt. That's unless he would just go back home, which is also a possibility (although Rutgers is better than Pitt at the moment).

Did Cam Bright suck? He was a non NFL guy on the 2020 team that got blown out twice. Weird, though... because he was also a captain on a good Washington team last season.

We arent going to get Kaney in the portal. We are going to get the same guys we lose. Yes. The guys you mentioned can be adequate complimentary pieces but so can 500 guys in the portal. You are hoping these mediocre players turn into NFL talent. I do not believe they can so I dont care if they leave

We arent going to get Kaney in the portal. We are going to get the same guys we lose. Yes. The guys you mentioned can be adequate complimentary pieces but so can 500 guys in the portal. You are hoping these mediocre players turn into NFL talent. I do not believe they can so I dont care if they leave

So you don't mind losing players to the portal because you might, probably not, but might, be able to replace them in the portal.

You do know that we have to field a team next year, right?

If you think this year is bad, what's it going to look like next year with even less talent on the team?

I think there are too many basketball fans on the football board or something. You don't just overhaul 30 players and expect to succeed unless there are at least a few asterisks. Like, sure... 1-11 Colorado was able to turn themselves into a .500 team through the portal. Whoooo!

It astounds me that people bitch about guys like Hammond and Bartholomew and, yet, somehow think we're going to do better than that in the portal. For Pitt, the portal is a piece of chewed gum you can stick on a leaking pipe.

I actually agree you cant use what Capel did. But what I am saying is these dudes aren't any good so if they want to leave so what. I dont think we will get better players in most cases but some random backup at Tennessee isnt any worse than the guys we are playing.

So you don't mind losing players to the portal because you might, probably not, but might, be able to replace them in the portal.

You do know that we have to field a team next year, right?

If you think this year is bad, what's it going to look like next year with even less talent on the team?

3-9 and then a new coach

The response from the players tells me they read a doctored quote and got mad.

Had the original quote been correct, it probably wouldn't have blown up as it did.
I doubt it. Everyone from the water boy up knows that the staff decisions on offense gave them zero chance. Those on the field knew Jurc was terrible and couldn’t throw the ball.
You never criticize your soldiers in the press. Never. It’s leadership 101.
But Narduzzi has a fat mouth and the crap that comes out of it is mostly stupid.
This was no exception.

Reactions: 303vND
3-9 and then a new coach

Well first of all, if you reduce the level of talent on the team like you are talking about you don't bring 3-9 into play. 3-9 is in play this year. You bring 1-11 into play. And maybe 0-12.

Secondly, if you were the old coach why on earth would you be OK with that? Why on earth would you want that to happen? He's dumb, but he's not that dumb.

Unlike you.

Well first of all, if you reduce the level of talent on the team like you are talking about you don't bring 3-9 into play. 3-9 is in play this year. You bring 1-11 into play. And maybe 0-12.

Secondly, if you were the old coach why on earth would you be OK with that? Why on earth would you want that to happen? He's dumb, but he's not that dumb.

Unlike you.

They replace Notre Dame with Kent. WVU sucks ass. That's not an impossible game. We'll beat YSU and somebody else.

This. It be resolved today when Narduzzi gets in front of the team and says something like:

"You guys know I'm a dumbass with the press. Here's what I was trying to say."

How many times have you read about a player saying "That's just Coach Duzzi." The whole story will be nothing after today except the haters here who will continue to use it to bash him.
Yeah - that’s some inspiring stuff
The players knowing their coach is stupid and shoots his mouth to deflect away blame from himself is a known thing

Last night Sanders said (paraphrasing) "we don't have good enough talent at some positions." Rhetorical question only - how is that different than what many are interpreting Narduzzi said? It isn't. Yet he didn't make the news and the posters here still love him.
First year coach taking over an 1 win program vs 8th year HC

Colorado does lack enough talent , though prime upgraded it tremendously in one off season .
Why isn’t Pitt talented enough in year 8?

Context , fanboy
At least you don’t have to spend money from your coach

Reactions: KennyHeisman8
Stupid haters. Bashing a 2 win coach that is telling the media after a complete beat down that he is personally responsible for recruiting a team with poor talent.
Yeah, stupid haters. The same group who hated Narduzzi for years is the group that is piling on in these threads.

It will be a non-issue to everyone but them after today.

Yeah - that’s some inspiring stuff
The players knowing their coach is stupid and shoots his mouth to deflect away blame from himself is a known thing
The players know he is smart but has no filter when he talks to the press.

Hater.

First year coach taking over an 1 win program vs 8th year HC

Colorado does lack enough talent , though prime upgraded it tremendously in one off season .
Why isn’t Pitt talented enough in year 8?

Context , fanboy
At least you don’t have to spend money from your coach
The context is that he insulted the players on team, just like you think Narduzzi did. It doesn't matter whose players they were because they are all now his.

Hater.

Yeah, stupid haters. The same group who hated Narduzzi for years is the group that is piling on in these threads.

It will be a non-issue to everyone but them after today.
By next weekend and next game yeah it will be a non-issue as we’ll have another game to talk about. Another big loss and we can debate how the players are no good, the coaches are no good, the players have quit on the coaches or whatever.

But as far as a non-issue, we including you really won’t know until after the season is over and the transfer portal revolving door gets into full swing.

The players know he is smart but has no filter when he talks to the press.

Hater.
He is really dumb
Seriously .
What makes you believe he’s intelligent at all ?

I do hate having a dumb coach who never adapts and takes no responsibility for his own gameplan or coaching

But unlike you , I actually earn my opinions on the coach with my wallet

The context is that he insulted the players on team, just like you think Narduzzi did. It doesn't matter whose players they were because they are all now his.

Hater.
The context is prime knows he lacks the OL talent in year 1 , because it’s factual
Season 9 with 2 wins and a bunch of blow out losses is on who ?

Buddy - no wonder you’re a cult fan
Critical thinking isn’t for you .

He is really dumb
Seriously .

I do hate having a dumb coach who never adapts and takes no responsibility for his own gameplan or coaching
I’m willing to listen if someone wants to defend Narduzzi on almost any issue, but when someone says he’s smart you just have to walk away.

Hater.

What Sanders said is fine. What Narduzzi said is fine. I appreciate their honesty. Their players are pros and if you are being criticized by a coach, it probably means you suck and should transfer

By next weekend and next game yeah it will be a non-issue as we’ll have another game to talk about. Another big loss and we can debate how the players are no good, the coaches are no good, the players have quit on the coaches or whatever.

But as far as a non-issue, we including you really won’t know until after the season is over and the transfer portal revolving door gets into full swing.
My premise is that nobody going into the portal will be going because of this incident. It might serve as a final nail in the coffin, but they were going anyhow.

We, including you, won't know whether this was a cause or not.

He is really dumb
Seriously .

But unlike you , I actually earn my opinions on the coach with my wallet
He is smart enough to be a top-30 college head coach.

He always takes responsibility. You just choose to ignore that part.

No one has to pay to have an opinion.

The context is prime knows he lacks the OL talent in year 1 , because it’s factual
Season 9 with 2 wins and a bunch of blow out losses is on who ?

Buddy - no wonder you’re a cult fan
Critical thinking isn’t for you .
Its the same insult. This isn't a hard concept.

So you think a guy who has been coaching a team already for nine years should be looked at the same way as a guy who hasn’t even been coaching his team for a full year? You might think after nine seasons of selecting talent you would have a really good idea of who you are taking, how good they are, and how they fit your program. And you probably should have really been able to bring in top notch young talent after winning an ACC Championship.

So you think a guy who has been coaching a team already for nine years should be looked at the same way as a guy who hasn’t even been coaching his team for a full year? You might think after nine seasons of selecting talent you would have a really good idea of who you are taking, how good they are, and how they fit your program. And you probably should have really been able to bring in top notch young talent after winning an ACC Championship.

Well, the bottom line is that we went all in on 2022 and sacrificed a little bit of the future in doing so. We let all the 6th year guys come back, which both hindered development a bit and led to a smaller 2022 recruiting class.

It was the right move and we were obviously going to take a step back. The problem lies with the size of that step. We shouldn't be THIS bad. But that doesn't mean that Narduzzi stamped every guy on this team with a seal of approval just because it's year nine. He probably genuinely didn't know how Nate Temple (etc.) would be... because he was behind like six dudes last year and wasn't getting a ton of significant reps. If Narduzzi didn't absolutely butcher the OC/QB situation, we'd just be a 6-6 in a down year of the cycle.

Well, the bottom line is that we went all in on 2022 and sacrificed a little bit of the future in doing so. We let all the 6th year guys come back, which both hindered development a bit and led to a smaller 2022 recruiting class.

It was the right move and we were obviously going to take a step back. The problem lies with the size of that step. We shouldn't be THIS bad. But that doesn't mean that Narduzzi stamped every guy on this team with a seal of approval just because it's year nine. He probably genuinely didn't know how Nate Temple (etc.) would be... because he was behind like six dudes last year and wasn't getting a ton of significant reps. If Narduzzi didn't absolutely butcher the OC/QB situation, we'd just be a 6-6 in a down year of the cycle.
Come on man. Coaches have opinions on how good someone is. They don’t hang on to a guy not knowing how good they think they are.

Come on man. Coaches have opinions on how good someone is. They don’t hang on to a guy not knowing how good they think they are.

Okay, so we lost Haba Baldonado, John Morgan, and Deslin Alexandre. Suppose he didn't think Nate Temple - who was 3rd string and injured last year, so I don't know how thorough you think the eval could have been - was all that great. What was he going to do about it? Kick him off the team and go pick someone off A&M's roster? What were the options?

I mean I agree we were pretty light at some positions. But what major overhaul were we realistically going to execute this past offseason?

Narduzzi is a smug, non-adapting dumbass who is probably going to run this program into the ground, but I feel like we're just inventing shit to get mad at now.

Last edited:
He is smart enough to be a top-30 college head coach.

He always takes responsibility. You just choose to ignore that part.

No one has to pay to have an opinion.
On what reality do you live in?
Top 30 ?
He isn’t even in he top half of the ACC.

I want your list of the top 30 college coaches , please

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT