ADVERTISEMENT

Some Thoughts

3) I personally didn't think this Narduzzi quote was that bad. Just jumbling multiple thoughts like he always does. But he truly is an idiot who can't help himself. He's talked smack on both offensive coordinators who have had success here. Deion Sanders, who already has a better program than Pitt his first year on the job. James Franklin, who is 3-1 against Pitt and consistently destroys them on and off the field. The entire BIG, which is 6-1 against Pitt. Kedon Slovis, who sucks but not nearly as bad as the guys you have now. I mean, when does it end? You're a clown. Every opposing fan base can't stand this dude, and half of ours doesn't like him. When you act like this all the time, people are going to pile on when you fail.

Wolf, this is an excellent post and I wanted to highlight one part of it. Watching the video of the quote makes it worse, like you say just a jumbling of thoughts. And I personally can't stand when a 50+ year old head coach is throwing out "ya knows" at the rate of some 18 year old freshman who is being interviewed after scoring a winning TD. Makes him sound like someone who doesn't inspire the masses or is intelligent enough to lead the program through this mess.

I know "winning the press conference" doesn't mean a lot (Todd Graham won quite a few of these), but listening to him makes you wonder what somewhat thought in the job interview....this is the person that will lead the program?

Okay, so we lost Haba Baldonado, John Morgan, and Deslin Alexandre. Suppose he didn't think Nate Temple - who was 3rd string and injured last year, so I don't know how thorough you think the eval could have been - was all that great. What was he going to do about it? Kick him off the team and go pick someone off A&M's roster? What were the options?

I mean I agree we were pretty light at some positions. But what major overhaul were we realistically going to execute this past offseason?

Narduzzi is a smug, non-adapting dumbass who is probably going to run this program into the ground, but I feel like we're just inventing shit to get mad at now.
I am not inventing anything. You are excusing him for something that I actually think he is totally responsible to know. The quality of the players he has. And I get missing on A guy but basically Narduzzi implied everyone who left last year, he couldn’t find an adequate replacement. That’s why you saw all the quote tweets from players.

So you think a guy who has been coaching a team already for nine years should be looked at the same way as a guy who hasn’t even been coaching his team for a full year? You might think after nine seasons of selecting talent you would have a really good idea of who you are taking, how good they are, and how they fit your program. And you probably should have really been able to bring in top notch young talent after winning an ACC Championship.
i think it is the same insult (at least as perceived by the haters).

If you had a boss that said "MorningCoffee just doesn't have the talent we need", would it matter to you if he was your boss of 9 years or 1 year?

Pitt players haven't been there 9 years. Some of them have been there less than 1 year. These are the players allegedly being insulted.

Season 1 vs season 9
You’re not very clever
I'll repeat this.

If you had a boss that said "MorningCoffee just doesn't have the talent we need", would it matter to you if he was your boss of 9 years or 1 year?

Pitt players haven't been there 9 years. Some of them have been there less than 1 year. These are the players allegedly being insulted.

Hater.

Okay, so we lost Haba Baldonado, John Morgan, and Deslin Alexandre. Suppose he didn't think Nate Temple - who was 3rd string and injured last year, so I don't know how thorough you think the eval could have been - was all that great. What was he going to do about it? Kick him off the team and go pick someone off A&M's roster? What were the options?

I mean I agree we were pretty light at some positions. But what major overhaul were we realistically going to execute this past offseason?

Narduzzi is a smug, non-adapting dumbass who is probably going to run this program into the ground, but I feel like we're just inventing shit to get mad at now.
I can't believe that you and I are in alignment on this issue.

i think it is the same insult (at least as perceived by the haters).

Yeah it actually would. If my boss of nine years said that I would ask what did you do to help me get better. If a one year boss said it I would figure time for me to move on.

I'll repeat this.

Hater.
How about this one:

If you had a boss who hand picked you and convinced you to come work for him instead of one of the servers other offers you had from different companies, mentored you, encouraged you, ate with you, laughed with you, cried with you, after several years of working with him told the rest of the industry you’re not good enough, would that be more or less hurtful to you than the same statement from a new boss that you didn’t hire in to work for. who you only met a few months ago and barely know, and who you knew in advance is only keeping you on strictly out of necessity?

I'll repeat this.

Hater.
If I had a new boss who said it to me. I’d be looking for another job
If my boss of 9 years suddenly changed his tune and said it -
Im challenging his assessment.

So , your analogy is not clever , again.

Want to buy my BC tickets and parking pass , since I’m a hater and you’re a true Narduzzi believer ?

The response from the players tells me they read a doctored quote and got mad.

Had the original quote been correct, it probably wouldn't have blown up as it did.
It’s not even reading the quote really which is just as bad as misinterpreting a text really

If you watch the video it comes across completely different

Watching people who have said all season the “players are pros who get paid so I’ll post and boo if I want” suddenly find Jesus on this to act all outraged about this remark is a hilarious example of cognitive dissonance I gotta say.

Reactions: sonofabit
Yeah it actually would. If my boss of nine years said that I would ask what did you do to help me get better. If a one year boss said it I would figure time for me to move on.
Then your boss would figure its time for you to move on.

That’s Narduzzi is a smug dumbass who is running the program into the ground?!?!
You have very selective comprehension
That isn't the issue under discussion. But you've always had a hard time following threads to inject your own narrative.

If I had a new boss who said it to me. I’d be looking for another job
If my boss of 9 years suddenly changed his tune and said it -
Im challenging his assessment.

So , your analogy is not clever , again.

Want to buy my BC tickets and parking pass , since I’m a hater and you’re a true Narduzzi believer ?
Nah, I'll watch it from the comfort of my sofa, like always.

Its called a television, a magical invention that allows you to watch events in comfort without driving 10 hours each way and wasting money on bad food.

How about this one:

If you had a boss who hand picked you and convinced you to come work for him instead of one of the servers other offers you had from different companies, mentored you, encouraged you, ate with you, laughed with you, cried with you, after several years of working with him told the rest of the industry you’re not good enough, would that be more or less hurtful to you than the same statement from a new boss that you didn’t hire in to work for. who you only met a few months ago and barely know, and who you knew in advance is only keeping you on strictly out of necessity?
Sanders hand picked his entire team.

There is no difference between what he actually said and what you perceive Narduzzi to have said. Both the real quote and the perceived quote insulted the players.

This quote is repeated over and over again in all sports, by all kinds of coaches.

Hiles isn't even a two bit hack, he's simply a POS. He should be banned from the Pitt facilities and any access he has should be revoked.

Plenty of things to find fault with the HC, entire staff, and others. People being outraged by this is dumb. Be outraged that the team essentially quit and it looks like everyone - players, coaches, and administration have punted on the season.

That’s what most people seem to miss. Whether the statement is true or not is immaterial, the big problem is he was dumb enough to say it out loud.

We know Narduzzi is a dumb ass and puts his foot in his mouth every day. Get over it. He's not going to change.

That's my point. They're solid/good complementary pieces. The guys like Kancey and Dennis around them make everyone look better. That's what we are missing. It doesn't mean that everyone else sucks, though. It means we're lacking special players.

And if you think we're going to find those special players in the portal, you're a f*cking moron. Maybe one out of every 12 or so. There is a much better chance of guys like Bass, Neal, Okunlola, Whittington, Brewu, Baer, etc. developing into those players.

So anyone who wants to run the whole team off is a dumbass.

You mentioned DeShields. If he transfers, wanna bet on where he ends up? You seem to think it would be James Madison or something. And I'm willing to bet it would be a school that is better than or equal to Pitt. That's unless he would just go back home, which is also a possibility (although Rutgers is better than Pitt at the moment).

Did Cam Bright suck? He was a non NFL guy on the 2020 team that got blown out twice. Weird, though... because he was also a captain on a good Washington team last season.
Pitt COULD find them in the portal.

They would probably have to tamper & overpay. Many other schools serious about winning would be willing to do that. I don't think Pitt is willing to go that route though.

For sure. What Duzz said is 100% true and the kind of thing that might be said in a coaches-only closed door staff meeting. It doesn’t even need to be said it’s so obvious.

It’s also 100% taboo for a head coach to make that statement publicly about his own team/players. Only a complete moron would ever go there. And that complete moron went there.
Many coaches go there.

Mark Stoops & Shane Beamer went there much more emphatically than Duzz did. They not only threw their team and fan base under the bus.

Then your boss would figure its time for you to move on.
Yeah, exactly. That first year manager saw something he didn’t like and wants to fix the organization. The 9th year guy seems to be a bit lazy since this is the first I have heard about not being good enough.

Yeah, exactly. That first year manager saw something he didn’t like and wants to fix the organization. The 9th year guy seems to be a bit lazy since this is the first I have heard about not being good enough.
Then you haven't listened. When Narduzzi has said they weren't coached up enough many times through the years, what is he really saying?

Seems that even they don't agree with you.
You didn’t see the reposts of Noah’s tweet? LOL. Current and former players tweeted it and did so because whether the quote was exact they knew that was something he was likely to say. So, I have never seen that type of response from college football players on a team. You really have your blue and gold glasses on if you think this was much ado about nothing. As Dabo said, you are part of the problem.

Reactions: 303vND
You didn’t see the reposts of Noah’s tweet? LOL. Current and former players tweeted it and did so because whether the quote was exact they knew that was something he was likely to say. So, I have never seen that type of response from college football players on a team. You really have your blue and gold glasses on if you think this was much ado about nothing. As Dabo said, you are part of the problem.
Seems you're wrong about this.

That’s a non-answer.

The difference is Deion said that about a roster slapped together quickly and composed mostly of first year transfers he’d never even met and players that the last failed coach and staff left for him, Mr. Stability, now in Year 9, said it about his own guys—guys he has recruited into his own program and personally mentored, spent countless hours with, and coached in many cases for several years.
NAILED IT!!

So are you saying that Deion was there longer than 9 years and just didn't put together a good roster? C'mon now...he was totally factual.
Nobody forced Deion to keep a single one of those players. He had no trouble asking several players the last staff recruited to leave.

If you're a Colorado OL, you gonna be motivated to block for his son now? After those comments? I don't think so

Nobody forced Deion to keep a single one of those players. He had no trouble asking several players the last staff recruited to leave.

If you're a Colorado OL, you gonna be motivated to block for his son now? After those comments? I don't think so
Well that was discussed after Shadeur and Hunter were spotted at the Nuggets game chumming up with Lebron. Some players probably thought..."What the hell?!"

So are you saying that Deion was there longer than 9 years and just didn't put together a good roster? C'mon now...he was totally factual.
I'm saying that he hand-picked his entire roster. He kept only 14 players from last year by pushing the rest out. He knew the players he was bringing in.

I'm saying that he hand-picked his entire roster. He kept only 14 players from last year by pushing the rest out. He knew the players he was bringing in.
And what was the window/timeframe to evaluate those players he was bringing in? You're comparing a guy who was on the job having his program and infrastructure in place for evaluating a player versus a guy who had nine months. Okay.

Reactions: cashisking884
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT